ADVERTISEMENT

LaQuinton Ross going to Ohio State

I just don't understand how Matta is such a good recruiter. He may be the 2nd best recruiter in the country, behind Cal, of course. You could argue he's better than Self or Williams just because he doesn't have the tradition of KU or UNC to help him.

They get top players thats for sure. Other than the top elite programs they are the best recruiting team for sure.

Oh st. was telling Davis in early Summer that UK was going on probation. I know people say Cal is a little down and dirty. Oh. St is damn near under the swamp with AAU's, especially the Indiana crew. Many feel that Oh. St was culprit in the bogus Chicago story. This program is flat out in up to their waist.

IMO

They do get some talent but DAMN they're boring. Why would those great players want to play TubbyBall in the flatlands of Ohio?

Not that I'm an Ohio State fan at all, but they have sent 4 players to the lottery, 6 players to the first round and 8 or 9 overall to the NBA since Thad Matta took over. Lets face it, players like coaches who are open to playing young guys, allow kids to improve under their watch and can get them to the NBA. Matta has done that.

Honestly I am not an OHIO STATE fan but the rest of the college basketball world needs to understand that when you have a coach (like we do with CAL) like Matta who can recruit they can do it WITHOUT cheating. The hate both of these guys get is remarkable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT