ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Ware Interview

Dec 12, 2019

This is an interview with 2020 commit Lance Ware. Our first guest on the episode is Bob Hurley, and then Lance Ware joins. Let us know what you think

Our instagram and twitter are on @tfrontoffice

@Killswitch24 man I gotta ask, what the hell is up with the cubs obsession? Why are they so popular? I'm looking at their alltime acomplishments. Vast majority of their acomplishments came before WW1. They have 6 pennants and 1 WS since WW1 ended. What gives? How are they up there with the dodgers, cardinals, yankees, braves? Not an elite franchise IMO.

Took them 95 years to win a playoff series post 1908. 40 year playoff drought after 1945. Wrigley field has seen two playoff series wins ever.

Reactions: Killswitch24
Obviously not Killswitch but I’ll take a shot anyway. The Cubs are not a real fanbase. They had WGN on TV for years and they’re a major market team. It’s got a lot to do with the media. So the cardinals for example are what’s called a radio base, fandom is real and stretched across multiple states in the Midwest / south. Everyone that’s a cardinals fan has grandparents that were in front of the radio listening to games. The cubs just get the press. We’ve owned them from the beginning all the way through. Thats why they get the loveable loser tag.

It’s similar to the differences of the Duke / UK fanbase. If the cardinals had a similar fanbase to college sports it would be Kentucky. Duke / Cubs would be the alternate.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Obviously not Killswitch but I’ll take a shot anyway. The Cubs are not a real fanbase. They had WGN on TV for years and they’re a major market team. It’s got a lot to do with the media. So the cardinals for example are what’s called a radio base, fandom is real and stretched across multiple states in the Midwest / south. Everyone that’s a cardinals fan has grandparents that were in front of the radio listening to games. The cubs just get the press. We’ve owned them from the beginning all the way through. Thats why they get the loveable loser tag.

It’s similar to the differences of the Duke / UK fanbase. If the cardinals had a similar fanbase to college sports it would be Kentucky. Duke / Cubs would be the alternate.
The cubs just have very little accomplishments. Astounding really. 1 WS in 108+ years.

Reactions: M1Garand

Also, I tried liking the cardinals. But I have 0 connections with them. Dad was a braves fan. So there you go.

@Killswitch24 what is up with the cards? Saw boycott talks? Sheesh.

Dewitt kept Mozeliak way too long and he’s caused a ton of problems inside of the organization. He took the job from Jocketty when Walt was sick and it was the biggest mistake we’ve ever made as far as I’m concerned. One thing though about the cardinals is historically we’ve always found a way to straighten a mess out. That was the big difference in the Reds and Cardinals and why we became the boss of the NL instead of Cincinnati. Mozeliak probably won’t make it into next season thank God for that. Time to clear out the old heads like Goldschmidt and trade some of his picks like Walker and rebuild. Anger in STL doesn’t begin to describe the situation.

I wanted him fired 7 years ago I have no idea why Dewitt stuck with him this long. But he’s pulling plug and soon.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Dewitt kept Mozeliak way too long and he’s caused a ton of problems inside of the organization. He took the job from Jocketty when Walt was sick and it was the biggest mistake we’ve ever made as far as I’m concerned. One thing though about the cardinals is historically we’ve always found a way to straighten a mess out. That was the big difference in the Reds and Cardinals and why we became the boss of the NL instead of Cincinnati. Mozeliak probably won’t make it into next season thank God for that. Time to clear out the old heads like Goldschmidt and trade some of his picks like Walker and rebuild. Anger in STL doesn’t begin to describe the situation.

I wanted him fired 7 years ago I have no idea why Dewitt stuck with him this long. But he’s pulling plug and soon.
The Reds and Cardinals are pretty similar since 1970

Reds, 3 titles, 5 pennants, 27 winning seasons
Cardinals, 3 titles, 7 pennants, 38 winning seasons

It really just comes down to cheap ass ownership in Cincy. The reds should have won more titles in 90's but Marge Scott wasn't in the interest of winning. She only cared about making money. The Castelinis are a little more covert in their penny-pinching. Calling every season a rebuild.

The Reds and Cardinals are pretty similar since 1970

Reds, 3 titles, 5 pennants, 27 winning seasons
Cardinals, 3 titles, 7 pennants, 38 winning seasons

It really just comes down to cheap ass ownership in Cincy. The reds should have won more titles in 90's but Marge Scott wasn't in the interest of winning. She only cared about making money. The Castelinis are a little more covert in their penny-pinching. Calling every season a rebuild.

The reds and cards ran everything and the cardinals did have better management. The issue is the cardinals have a much deeper fanbase because of the radio line and falling off really isn’t an option for the owners. The Reds haven’t really been relevant in going on 40 years. That’s a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT