ADVERTISEMENT

Laid Back Country Picker

Here's more on his background. He teaches social studies at Lawrence County High, and Tyler Childers was one of his students, at least according to this article. Tyler's wiki page says he went to Paintsville.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Here's more on his background. He teaches social studies at Lawrence County High, and Tyler Childers was one of his students, at least according to this article. Tyler's wiki page says he went to Paintsville.

Well you know the portal and all ;)

I went to school with Tyler Childers and Laid Back was my history teacher in HS as well.

Tyler transferred to Paintsville either his freshman or sophomore year. I’m a couple years older than him.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
That’s terrific. I’m sending that video to a friend who’s been lost since John Prince passed.

I went to school with Tyler Childers and Laid Back was my history teacher in HS as well.

Tyler transferred to Paintsville either his freshman or sophomore year. I’m a couple years older than him.

I talked to him a little after the show. I bet he was a pretty cool teacher. They have another "straight" band called Luna and the Mountain Jets, which I'm sure you knew about. I heard of them from a friend who saw them at a little place near Benton, KY called the Dam Brewhaus.

I talked to him a little after the show. I bet he was a pretty cool teacher. They have another "straight" band called Luna and the Mountain Jets, which I'm sure you knew about. I heard of them from a friend who saw them at a little place near Benton, KY called the Dam Brewhaus.

Luna is his wife and yes they have that other band.

But yeah he was an awesome teacher and very intelligent! Always had that hippie vibe about him.

Most of his videos are shot downtown Louisa, Ky.

This is the Kentucky version of Sling Blade meets Napoleon Dynamite.

People that want to trade lawn mowers are the kind of people who want to hear some good country music.

Last edited:
Reactions: FtWorthCat
I am a huge fan but have yet to see him live. Have watched several interviews w David. Seems like a genuine good guy. McGoffin County Cadillac is freakin addictive. I love Party Line as my mother and grandmother were the first 2 telephone operators in Cadiz Ky and it brings back memories of stories I probably never should have heard.

Lotta talent in this state and I'm glad it's been getting national and even worldwide recognition over the last few years. Guys like Stapleton are known all over now, Sturgill is doing a bit of acting, and Childers keeps growing his fanbase.

Word to the wise though - don't let one troll turn this nice thread into some anti-gay, "durr that there fella is spreading that there homosexuality" bs. It's been clear there's a few posters who will use any topic to rant about cultural issues they're pissed about or spread their little internet anti-gay message. Just ignore the bitterness and aggression some sign into this site with. Their loss if they can't even enjoy music these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanbruner
Lotta talent in this state and I'm glad it's been getting national and even worldwide recognition over the last few years. Guys like Stapleton are known all over now, Sturgill is doing a bit of acting, and Childers keeps growing his fanbase.

Word to the wise though - don't let one troll turn this nice thread into some anti-gay, "durr that there fella is spreading that there homosexuality" bs. It's been clear there's a few posters who will use any topic to rant about cultural issues they're pissed about or spread their little internet anti-gay message. Just ignore the bitterness and aggression some sign into this site with. Their loss if they can't even enjoy music these days.
Seems like KY musicians and actors are more accomplished than KY athletes. No shame in that, of course, but it sure seems that way.

Reactions: Zissou87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT