ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker's recent 'inside info' on Quaintance . LOL.

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Here was his post a couple days ago about Jayden Quaintance.
https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_ATH
@KyleTucker_ATH

"Lotta, lotta, lotta buzz for Mizzou lately. Kentucky has some work to do to avoid fumbling a game-changing player."

I guess playing to the Kentucky haters with that Thumb-Sucker of an 'analysis piece' (that is, one with no new information) about Calipari recently hasn't improved his access to accurate recruiting intel...

Last edited:
It's been pretty clear to me that Kyle Tucker has been on the outs with the program since the summer.

He has had virtually no scoop, and been flat out wrong multiple times also.

Jack Pilgrim has kinda stepped in where Tucker used to be in my opinion, I think he is getting the scoop that Tucker used to get.

But it's definitely been painfully obvious that Tucker has pretty much no inside access right now.

It is really as simple as program wanting to stay quiet about internal issues. The focus was/is on fixing the program and returning it to where it should be and as a fan I'm good with that. Understand why media guy who covers the team would get frustrated but he wanted to fire a hit piece when he did-he's persona non grata now. He won't get crap and btw--Andrew Slater who is the best in his field doesn't know dick about UK related stuff either right now UNLESS it comes from player's camp he's close with like Boogie Fland. Slater is a pro and won't say things he knows publicly.

I also want to commend Travis Graf for Jayden Quaintance intel. He's been talking him up as an elite prospect since Fall of '22 and out of respect sat on a lot of info that he knew privately.

Recruiting is back to where it was when Cal took over. Want to write a hit piece on the program and use former staffers who were sh**y at their jobs like a certain former Assistant who Tucker is still giving laughable credit to for landing Bam Adebayo which is 100% fabricated and that is one recruitment along with Monk/Fox I know personally from various sources so if he'd like to dig in, I can educate him on how those recruitments went down instead of listening to a sniveling jackass who didn't improve the program in Cal's mistake of letting him not just overstay his welcome but promoting his role and wanted to fire anonymous shots as program improves in every area he helped them decline. But at least Joel got his dick wet using UK brand. When you align with guys like that up against Cal/UK program now, you will not be given access or information.

It is really as simple as program wanting to stay quiet about internal issues. The focus was/is on fixing the program and returning it to where it should be and as a fan I'm good with that. Understand why media guy who covers the team would get frustrated but he wanted to fire a hit piece when he did-he's persona non grata now. He won't get crap and btw--Andrew Slater who is the best in his field doesn't know dick about UK related stuff either right now UNLESS it comes from player's camp he's close with like Boogie Fland. Slater is a pro and won't say things he knows publicly.

I also want to commend Travis Graf for Jayden Quaintance intel. He's been talking him up as an elite prospect since Fall of '22 and out of respect sat on a lot of info that he knew privately.

Recruiting is back to where it was when Cal took over. Want to write a hit piece on the program and use former staffers who were sh**y at their jobs like a certain former Assistant who Tucker is still giving laughable credit to for landing Bam Adebayo which is 100% fabricated and that is one recruitment along with Monk/Fox I know personally from various sources so if he'd like to dig in, I can educate him on how those recruitments went down instead of listening to a sniveling jackass who didn't improve the program in Cal's mistake of letting him not just overstay his welcome but promoting his role and wanted to fire anonymous shots as program improves in every area he helped them decline. But at least Joel got his dick wet using UK brand. When you align with guys like that up against Cal/UK program now, you will not be given access or information.
From the way you have been posting the last couple years I am starting to think you may not be a fan of Joel Justus. Could you clarify?

giphy.gif

From the way you have been posting the last couple years I am starting to think you may not be a fan of Joel Justus. Could you clarify?

giphy.gif
Not liking him is one thing. When he wants to paint some picture by outright lying....not one ounce of respect. I know about the '16 class very well. Was my "intro" to the board if we're honest. Any doubts-go back and look at the messages-they are still there. LOL

Tucker wanted to use this clown to write a hit piece-good for him. Now how he thinks that will help him? Good luck.

It's been pretty clear to me that Kyle Tucker has been on the outs with the program since the summer.

He has had virtually no scoop, and been flat out wrong multiple times also.

Jack Pilgrim has kinda stepped in where Tucker used to be in my opinion, I think he is getting the scoop that Tucker used to get.

But it's definitely been painfully obvious that Tucker has pretty much no inside access right now.
Almost like they feed him BS to post

@KyleTucker_ATH

"Lotta, lotta, lotta buzz for Mizzou lately. Kentucky has some work to do to avoid fumbling a game-changing player."

I guess playing to the Kentucky haters with that Thumb-Sucker of an 'analysis piece' (that is, one with no new information) about Calipari recently hasn't improved his access to accurate recruiting intel...
KT blocked me on Twitter long ago....because he is extremely liberal and and I am not and that is all I will say about it...I do miss some of his basketball news though...but apparently he was wrong on this one

Not liking him is one thing. When he wants to paint some picture by outright lying....not one ounce of respect. I know about the '16 class very well. Was my "intro" to the board if we're honest. Any doubts-go back and look at the messages-they are still there. LOL

Tucker wanted to use this clown to write a hit piece-good for him. Now how he thinks that will help him? Good luck.

Cal will never talk to him again and he will never get info from those close to Cal again.

JVC killed the Matt Jones relationship for much less. All Jones did was be somewhat (kid gloves) critical of the Covid season and he was out.

Recruiting is back to where it was when Cal took over.

Is it? We got a killer class for 2023 but 2024 I'm not as sure about. Looking at the 24/7 composite we've got #8 Quaintance and #20 Fland to go along with #68 Cyril and #70 Perry. 2 out of 2 picks are for us to get #24 Richmond. Looks like one of our solid but unspectacular classes and we've seen what Cal does without having a couple of ELITE guys.

Is it? We got a killer class for 2023 but 2024 I'm not as sure about. Looking at the 24/7 composite we've got #8 Quaintance and #20 Fland to go along with #68 Cyril and #70 Perry. 2 out of 2 picks are for us to get #24 Richmond. Looks like one of our solid but unspectacular classes and we've seen what Cal does without having a couple of ELITE guys.
I don't agree with rankings of Quaintance or Fland. For one thing-Quaintance just turned 16 yrs old. Show me some of the 20 yr old mediocre '24 class Seniors who can do what he can? Hell most guys in CBB now can't do what he can do skill wise. He's 16. That kid should be #2 in the country IMO and long term I like his NBA potential as much if not more than Flagg. Fland is also young for class-he's age of a '25 class member-just turned 17. The upside of young guys for their grade is they are going to have a quicker ascension. I'd stack those up against anyone in this class at their prospective positions.

Perry can shoot the ball and it's back to back years Cal's landed top player in state of KY and many fans were saying he wasn't recruiting each guy hard enough. Kentucky wasn't watching IN Elite just for Bidunga and from some behind the scenes talk-they didn't really care for Flory's game the more they watched him play. But everyone thought they were there for him.

Meanwhile you get a 6'10, 250 lb player who has a 40 inch vertical and can block shots and dunk everything in sight ranked near 70 in this class? Sure. I'll take that type of raw material every day of week.

Now if you add Darryn Peterson who would be best shooting guard since Monk at Kentucky in Spring--you have a trio of guys who I'd rank 2 of them within top 3 of this class (JQ/Peterson) and Fland is top 10 player in this class if he keeps improving like he did. He destroyed people at USA Camp this past Fall. Growth is there for him due to youth.

Perry can shoot the ball. That's always a commodity and he's homestate.

BTW-haven't even gotten to Billy Richmond who outplayed many in his class ahead of him this past AAU season on a team that didn't have nearly the talent that NJ Scholars had a year ago.

Karter Knox is also possibility.

Now after saying all of that-you are coming off #1 class in '23....'22 was stacked until the Sharpe fiasco--but they landed #1 player in that class, and they are talking about recruiting in '25 is way better than '24 and you legit have a chance at landing 2 of the top 3 guys in the class and I'll take Peterson 100 out of 100 times over VJ Edgecombe and Dylan Harper.

@KyleTucker_ATH

Kyle just showing he no longer has a connection to UK since Beisner left. Poor baby.

I don’t care about Tucker, but it’s hard to keep where he stands straight here. One month a group is calling him Cal’s lap dog. The next month he is a hater looking for clicks.
Tbf, that happens with a lot of people around here. Especially when they try to fairly point out something. I've been called a Cal hater and a Cal nut-hugger. All within the same month.

Tucker wasn't the only one reporting that the buzz shifted either. But people act like news doesn't shift.

Cal will never talk to him again and he will never get info from those close to Cal again.

JVC killed the Matt Jones relationship for much less. All Jones did was be somewhat (kid gloves) critical of the Covid season and he was out.
Which makes Tucker's article all the more spot on. Cal sells himself as this tough skinned dude. Apparently not.

Man, we used to give Tipton a lot of crap, but he would've been ripping Cal a new one over the last couple of years. Can you imagine?

I don't agree with rankings of Quaintance or Fland. For one thing-Quaintance just turned 16 yrs old. Show me some of the 20 yr old mediocre '24 class Seniors who can do what he can? Hell most guys in CBB now can't do what he can do skill wise. He's 16. That kid should be #2 in the country IMO and long term I like his NBA potential as much if not more than Flagg. Fland is also young for class-he's age of a '25 class member-just turned 17. The upside of young guys for their grade is they are going to have a quicker ascension. I'd stack those up against anyone in this class at their prospective positions.

Perry can shoot the ball and it's back to back years Cal's landed top player in state of KY and many fans were saying he wasn't recruiting each guy hard enough. Kentucky wasn't watching IN Elite just for Bidunga and from some behind the scenes talk-they didn't really care for Flory's game the more they watched him play. But everyone thought they were there for him.

Meanwhile you get a 6'10, 250 lb player who has a 40 inch vertical and can block shots and dunk everything in sight ranked near 70 in this class? Sure. I'll take that type of raw material every day of week.

Now if you add Darryn Peterson who would be best shooting guard since Monk at Kentucky in Spring--you have a trio of guys who I'd rank 2 of them within top 3 of this class (JQ/Peterson) and Fland is top 10 player in this class if he keeps improving like he did. He destroyed people at USA Camp this past Fall. Growth is there for him due to youth.

BTW-haven't even gotten to Billy Richmond who outplayed many in his class ahead of him this past AAU season on a team that didn't have nearly the talent that NJ Scholars had a year ago.

Now after saying all of that-you are coming off #1 class in '23....'22 was stacked until the Sharpe fiasco--but they landed #1 player in that class, and they are talking about recruiting in '25 is way better than '24 and you legit have a chance at landing 2 of the top 3 guys in the class and I'll take Peterson 100 out of 100 times over VJ Edgecombe and Dylan Harper.

As always, appreciate the good work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't like Joel Justus? Kinda hard to differentiate in the above post. Lol.

Reactions: mailman85

I certainly hope everything pans out like you're projecting.

Never understood the pride in getting blocked. "Yeah, that guy thinks I'm boring or dumb or an ahole. Yeehaw." Hell, I wish I could block people in real life. Sure going to do it to rando strangers online. You want his opinion and he don't care about Clem Shitkickers. Crow away, I guess.

I don’t care about Tucker, but it’s hard to keep where he stands straight here. One month a group is calling him Cal’s lap dog. The next month he is a hater looking for clicks.
He was definitely Cal’s lap dog for the longest time but it’s clear there is a divide there and he’s on the outs now. Doesn’t surprise me because he’s comes off as a huge Dbag.

It’s pretty easy to see to myself as the caliber of player has gotten back to where we used to be as well. We went from Devin Askew/Sky Clark to Wagner/Dilly caliber. I’ve watched UofL play and Clark isn’t that good at all. Definitely not a dude who would have made us any good.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan

Cal may be a lot of things but forgiving doesn’t seem to be one of them.

We can always get a transfer or two for much needed upper class/ guaranteed college scoring. I like this class. Mix of guys who will stay a couple years too.

Which makes Tucker's article all the more spot on. Cal sells himself as this tough skinned dude. Apparently not.

Man, we used to give Tipton a lot of crap, but he would've been ripping Cal a new one over the last couple of years. Can you imagine?
A lot of successful people are like that, but think about this. If you had people close to you, and they used information they knew to talk trash about you. I bet most of us would shut them out too. Especially a guy who relies on inside information for a living. Kinda some Implied rules with that i would assume.

Reactions: Samurai Cat

Ralph you’re great! Love reading your thoughts.

I’ve not seen Either of the 2 new recruits. They appear to be low post guys correct?

Will they fit in with the faster spread style that Coach Cal and Coach Welch seems to be implementing or will we see a shift back to the low post?

Want to write a hit piece on the program and use former staffers who were sh**y at their jobs like a certain former Assistant who Tucker is still giving laughable credit to for landing Bam Adebayo which is 100% fabricated and that is one recruitment along with Monk/Fox I know personally from various sources so if he'd like to dig in, I can educate him on how those recruitments went down instead of listening to a sniveling jackass who didn't improve the program in Cal's mistake of letting him not just overstay his welcome but promoting his role and wanted to fire anonymous shots as program improves in every area he helped them decline.

I agree with every single thread and I always love when you chime in because you bring super valuable info.

But this is also the longest run-on sentence I have ever read in my life haha (just giving you a hard time).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT