ADVERTISEMENT

KyKy Tandy

He fell out at Xavier. Not the ideal size to play defense in the SEC and there are just much better options. He’d have to accept a smaller end of bench role, but I doubt that’s what he’s looking for and I think he wants to be the focal point for his last season and get a decent amount of NIL as his pro career won’t be in the NBA.

He’s a mid major all conference type player, but not a starter level in the SEC. But if he’d be willing to be the 7th/8th/9th man? It’d be perfect. He is good enough to play at UK and he'd be an asset. You don't want him in the main rotation but the kid has game.

Last edited:
He couldn’t make it at Xavier. Too small to play defense in the SEC and there are just much better options. He’d have to accept a smaller end of bench role, but I doubt that’s what he’s looking for and I think he wants to be the focal point for his last season and get a decent amount of NIL as his pro career won’t be in the NBA.

He’s a mid major all conference type player, but not a starter level in the SEC. But if he’d be willing to be the 7th/8th/9th man? It’d be perfect.
"starter level in the SEC", probably not. But who says he has to start, or even be 6th-7th man.
Plus looking at his 4 years with Xavier, he looked like a solid contributor his FR-SO years, then was injured at start of his JR year, and then wasn't the same guy his 2nd JR year. So probably wasn't fully recovered from his injury.
But last year, 39% from 3 is 39% from 3 (on 200+ attempts). Sounds like a real sleeper and possibly good pick up for some team.

Wasn't his dad a bit delusional about KYKy's abilities coming out of High School?
Yeah, I recall his dad made some comment that he wasn’t interested in UK if Cal saw him as a backup. Thought his boy was above being a non-starter here.

So instead he became a career backup at Xavier. LOL

Reactions: jrpross
Hell no. He and daddy are big head cases. Also, he is a gun. Not a bad shooter way (all though he only shot 41% from 2FG), just is a black hole when he gets the ball, gets no one involved. By doing that one on one BS he is a turnover machine, as evidenced by his 1.1 assist per game and 2.4 turnovers per game. Not to mention he gets absolutely washed on defense. 6'1 my ass, I doubt he is much over 5'11. He is NOT a team player, Ky Ky is all about Ky Ky. HE thought he was too good for UK back then, he is not good enough for UK today. It would be very bad for a team standpoint. Hard Pass.

Reactions: Wonky
Hell no. He and daddy are big head cases. Also, he is a gun. Not a bad shooter way (all though he only shot 41% from 2FG), just is a black hole when he gets the ball, gets no one involved. By doing that one on one BS he is a turnover machine, as evidenced by his 1.1 assist per game and 2.4 turnovers per game. Not to mention he gets absolutely washed on defense. 6'1 my ass, I doubt he is much over 5'11. He is NOT a team player, Ky Ky is all about Ky Ky. HE thought he was too good for UK back then, he is not good enough for UK today. It would be very bad for a team standpoint. Hard Pass.
In a 6th man role, especially if Robinson stays In the draft Tandy wouldn’t be bad

So as an aside, every player who began college in 2019 or 2020 receives that bonus year. 2025-2026 will be the last year those years will be granted for regular 4 year players to stretch it to 5, and for those with a medical redshirt under their belt, they may get their bonus years in 2026-2027

In a 6th man role, especially if Robinson stays In the draft Tandy wouldn’t be bad
Think Rob Dillingham X 5. And not in the good way, the Helter- Skelter play running around lost, dribbling for 20 seconds. Like I said, he will not get the team involved and what points he scores he gives back in turnovers and shitty defense. Dillingham at lest had a very good assist number, less turnovers. Ky Ky takes playing out of control to a new level. We can do a lot better, even if we do need bodies, I still don't want him. I am telling you right now, IF he was to come to UK, you will regret your post.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I will say this about him....

I was MORE impressed watching him play during his time in Region 2 than I was with Travis Perry during Travis career in terms of being floored every time I watched him play.

I think in his 4 years of high school ball Tandy had 3,122 points in 116 games....and his first 2 years he was splitting time with another UHA player that scored 3,000 career points. Perry in 4 years had 3,991 in 138 games.

He is good enough to play at Kentucky. That's a fact. Now for a big role....idk....but he is good enough.

Reactions: tomrain
Are you sure about that?

His senior year at Xavier he was only their 8th man and averaged only around 2 ppg. It looks like his coaches there may’ve gradually given up on him with the way his minutes steadily dropped over his X career:

The 8th man at Xavier generally ain’t one I want being the 6th man at UK.

***and, yes, I know he put up big numbers at Jacksonville State, but what does that really mean?

Are you sure about that?

His senior year at Xavier he was only their 8th man and averaged only around 2 ppg. It looks like his coaches there gradually gave up on him with the way his minutes steadily dropped over his X career:

The 8th man at Xavier generally ain’t one I want being the 6th man at UK.

***and, yes, I know he put up big numbers at Jacksonville State, but what does that really mean?
I've watched him since was 14 and I agree he's not the 6th man of a national title contender. I think he's more in the Dom Hawkins range of useful when needed. 8th/9th man that could step up and have a big game when you have foul trouble or injuries.

Reactions: Fox2monk and UK90
Think Rob Dillingham X 5. And not in the good way, the Helter- Skelter play running around lost, dribbling for 20 seconds. Like I said, he will not get the team involved and what points he scores he gives back in turnovers and shitty defense. Dillingham at lest had a very good assist number, less turnovers. Ky Ky takes playing out of control to a new level. We can do a lot better, even if we do need bodies, I still don't want him. I am telling you right now, IF he was to come to UK, you will regret your post.
I just found a a player I like better, Lanier from north Florida

• Love
Reactions: track42
I too have watched him play, several times. He can score, that is it. BUT all of the negatives (one on one And1 ball, turnovers, bad teammate) are all legitimate concerns. He may be good enough, but FIT wise, not so much.

I too have watched him play, several times. He can score, that is it. BUT all of the negatives (one on one And1 ball, turnovers, bad teammate) are all legitimate concerns. He may be good enough, but FIT wise, not so much.
Some players need the ball and shots to succeed....and he's one of those players. But he's just not a guy that can be that guy in a power conference. He's not one that does well coming off the bench and playing a role. Some guys just can't....that's why he did awesome for Jax State because he got to have that role and do it in a league where he could shine.

Reactions: UK90
Some players need the ball and shots to succeed....and he's one of those players. But he's just not a guy that can be that guy in a power conference. He's not one that does well coming off the bench and playing a role. Some guys just can't....that's why he did awesome for Jax State because he got to have that role and do it in a league where he could shine.
I agree, which is why he is NOT good enough to play at UK, You give any shooter the minutes he plays, the green light to shoot whenever, they to would average 18-19 per game. But his game is just not rounded enough to play in a major conference. It just isn't. He is a gun, me first guy that does NOTHING else other than shoot / score. His Xavier #'s are more of a idea of his game than his Jax St #'s.

Dude is not good enough to play regular minutes at UK. He couldn't get playing time at XU and some of those teams were not good, even for Xavier standards.

I agree, which is why he is NOT good enough to play at UK, You give any shooter the minutes he plays, the green light to shoot whenever, they to would average 18-19 per game. But his game is just not rounded enough to play in a major conference. It just isn't. He is a gun, me first guy that does NOTHING else other than shoot / score. His Xavier #'s are more of a idea of his game than his Jax St #'s.
That was always my view of Wheeler....

Wheeler could only succeed if he was doing one thing....dominating the ball. He couldn't play off the ball. He couldn't come off the bench and be an energizer bunny. He operated with the ball in his hands....he is a really talented passer and player but his style wasn't conducive to winning in a power league without guys around him playing at a high level.

I pulled some stats from last year v/s better teams he faced. Jax. State had a SOS of -3.16 (Negative SOS)
West Virginia - 18 points 7/18
Wisconsin - 16 points 6/13 1/5 3's
WKU - 25 points - 8/21 3-10 3's (over 20 shots to get 25)
NM State - 13 points - 3/15 2-8 3's
WKU - 13 points - 4/17 1-7 3's
NM State - 15 points - 4/14 2/6 3s
L- Tech - 7 points - 2/9 0-3 3's
Last game (in CUSA tournament) - 4 points 2/8 0/2 3s

He averaged over 32 minutes per game. Once again, high volume shooter than can get hot and make some 3's, but kills you everywhere else. Gun.

That was always my view of Wheeler....

Wheeler could only succeed if he was doing one thing....dominating the ball. He couldn't play off the ball. He couldn't come off the bench and be an energizer bunny. He operated with the ball in his hands....he is a really talented passer and player but his style wasn't conducive to winning in a power league without guys around him playing at a high level.
Agree. Wheeler is better in a very faced paced / up-tempo offense where he can get out and use his speed. Horrible half court player.

he's listed as 6'2'' 190, thats not like crazy undersized. They fudging that a bit?
No, plus he is built like a brick wall and can jump out of the gym. He was good as a freshman at Xavier, then got hurt. Kid was as impressive as anyone Ive seen in high school. Unlimited range and highlight reel dunks.

Reactions: 1STSergeant
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT