ADVERTISEMENT

Ksr talk about the team

Oweh has been mentioned as a really good athlete and a very good defender I doubt it is him. Some of the other guards have mentioned that he is tough to go against. He can also get to the rim very well too.

My speculation is Almonor. I'm far from an expert, but I've been wondering if he was quite as good as most of the others.

Reactions: chroix
Oweh has been mentioned as a really good athlete and a very good defender I doubt it is him. Some of the other guards have mentioned that he is tough to go against. He can also get to the rim very well too.
Think he is the starting two guard. And Krissa and Perry may come in to relieve Butler and Oweh.

You missed Oweh - not one word said about him. I would also remove Chandler from your candidates because shortly after Jones' comment he mentioned how he hadn't really heard anything at all about Chandler.

So, that leaves Almonor, Williams, Oweh, and Noah. I wouldn't think there were much expectations for Almonor or Noah, so I think it's between Williams and Oweh - and considering we've heard from other reports that Williams has looked fairly good, I suspect Oweh is who Jones was referring to.

It's either that, or Jones meant to say Williams when talking about Garrison. In that case, Garrison is likely the player who has underwhelmed. That would follow with what other folks have said in prior reports.

It is Oweh. This was talked about on one of the podcasts I listen to...cannot remember which one, but Pope or one of Assts openly talked about "one of the guys struggling to pick up on something". The coach then mentioned that player by name when sharing a story.

Oweh was not mentioned by Jones and certainly would qualify as a surprise based off of his performance at previous school.

It is Oweh. This was talked about on one of the podcasts I listen to...cannot remember which one, but Pope or one of Assts openly talked about "one of the guys struggling to pick up on something". The coach then mentioned that player by name when sharing a story.

Oweh was not mentioned by Jones and certainly would qualify as a surprise based off of his performance at previous school.
That is surprising with what I have heard of how he was doing. An OK fan told me before practiced started that Oweh was really good and was a good get for us FWIW.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
That is surprising with what I have heard of how he was doing. An OK fan told me before practiced started that Oweh was really good and was a good get for us FWIW.

Well what Jones said he heard may be what I just referred to and that was like a month ago. Jones has been totally out of the loop for 2 months so everything is "new" to him right now.

I certainly read nothing into it whatsoever. Even if Oweh is struggling right now it is still 3 months until season. Silly to worry about it.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it wasn't Carr.

I can tell you who I think is a massive disappointment and just don't like his game and that's Kriisa. Never have cared for his play and he's produced historically awful numbers in the NCAA Tournament. But he's "fun" or "crazy" and that is more media friendly. His antics wear thin when he's stinking up the court.
He is a awful defender. Careless with the ball and a streaky shooter. He will have some really good shooting games. But he isn't someone you want on the court in crunch time IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT