ADVERTISEMENT

Kofi announcing Friday

No. I’m traveling, so I haven’t paid much attention or spoken with anyone. I was surprised to hear it turned, as it sounded quite solid - and it was a consensus opinion among those I know.
But I was asking sincerely, rather than as a coy implication. If the folks on the ground says he isn’t going to UK, they are in a better position to know than me. . . At least at the moment.
Fair enough. I have already moved on mentally. Better to just assume the ship has sailed.

Fair enough. I have already moved on mentally. Better to just assume the ship has sailed.
That’s where I am at as well.

I have the roster as is locked into my mind and I am good with what we got.

If we add another piece, good deal, if not, I’m ready to roll.

I’m looking forward to the season.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
So, Oscar needs to never get in foul trouble, get tired and he must provide good inside scoring. If true that Collins is a year off being a solid player. Did we turn him down to get Oscar ready for the pro's? We still in that mode? Cockburn made it clear that Antigua is his man. So if we turned him down, and the five position keeps us from winning THE championship....

Reactions: westerncat
So, Oscar needs to never get in foul trouble, get tired and he must provide good inside scoring. If true that Collins is a year off being a solid player. Did we turn him down to get Oscar ready for the pro's? We still in that mode? Cockburn made it clear that Antigua is his man. So if we turned him down, and the five position keeps us from winning THE championship....
If we aren’t looking to add another big, and Collins really isn’t ready to play 10-15 minutes as a backup to Tshiebwe, then I question not only Cal’s decision making, but also his staff’s for going along with it.

But I’m hoping Collins can provide backup minutes at the 5. I think he would be better used at the 4, but with Toppin, Brooks, and Hopkins, we really don’t need him at the 4.

I think Collins will be fine for short stints.

And he is not the only option. Ware could emerge and be a decent backup. Toppin is up to 6’10 and could give us another option to play at 5 for 5 or so minutes a game.

The cupboard is not exactly bare.

And do we necessarily need two behemoths inside? The college game is a little beyond that. The teams we usually struggle against are the ones that can get our bigs out in space away from the basket.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, if we don’t add another big man.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
We went to the F4 with Harrellson at the 5 and went only 6 deep basically. I think we'll be okay.

We went to the F4 with Harrellson at the 5 and went only 6 deep basically. I think we'll be okay.
I agree with this, but will point out that this team is no where near as talented as the 2011 team.

It should be much deeper, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT