ADVERTISEMENT

Knight discussing John Wooden

Notice how the second Knight starts spitting truth, the reporter tries to reign him in and steers him back to the Knight's "year two" story.

We have a society that hates truth and tries to suppress it at any costs. God's inevitable judgment on this planet is going to be remarkably terrifying when it finally occurs.
That’s the truth. Coaches are good but they need players. At the end of the day I at least respect Cal because he knows talent wins. Look at Wooden Pre-Gilbert and Post-Gilbert. One he would be a footnote in history as a coach of UCLA and the other he’s the best thing ever.

Have never been a fan of Knight, or Wooden.

Knight was an a-hole, but at least he was honest about it.

Wooden, along with later others like Dean Smith and Coach K liked to portray themselves as being above the fray, and the media was happy to portray them as such.

That’s the truth. Coaches are good but they need players. At the end of the day I at least respect Cal because he knows talent wins. Look at Wooden Pre-Gilbert and Post-Gilbert. One he would be a footnote in history as a coach of UCLA and the other he’s the best thing ever.
Cal has def had some help along the way, I think it's pretty clear starting with the Tatum class he lost pull with Nike for whatever reason.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Have never been a fan of Knight, or Wooden.

Knight was an a-hole, but at least he was honest about it.

Wooden, along with later others like Dean Smith and Coach K liked to portray themselves as being above the fray, and the media was happy to portray them as such.
That's it for me to a T. Knight was a butt but not a cheater.

Smith and K were as fake as it comes. Wooden cheated above and beyond all others.

Notice how the second Knight starts spitting truth, the reporter tries to reign him in and steers him back to the Knight's "year two" story.

We have a society that hates truth and tries to suppress it at any costs. God's inevitable judgment on this planet is going to be remarkably terrifying when it finally occurs.

I mean what do you want Joe Buck to do? The guys job was to talk about Indiana and Knight so you want him to just start railing on Wooden cheating and NCAA sleaziness for 30 minutes?

Reactions: RunninRichie
I mean what do you want Joe Buck to do? The guys job was to talk about Indiana and Knight so you want him to just start railing on Wooden cheating and NCAA sleaziness for 30 minutes?
Yes, that would make a better story. Buck's in the business of generating views and hits by cultivating fascinating narratives. Having one legend tear another legend to pieces would be an impressively more compelling story.

If I'm filming a documentary about wild cats and while traveling across the country, I come across a story where I encounter a blind dwarf who's traveling coast to coast, on foot, while accompanied by a three-legged dog who has traveled with him the entire way, I change my narrative to the more compelling story.

A good journalist knows this. You probe until you find the better story, and then you shift your narrative.

Last edited:
Yes, that would make a better story. Buck's in the business of generator views and hits. Having one legend tear another legend to pieces would be a impressively more compelling story.

If I'm filming a documentary about wild cats and while traveling across the country, I come across a story where I encounter a blind dwarf who's traveling coast to coast, on foot, while accompanied by a three-legged dog who has traveled with him the entire way, I change my narrative to the more compelling story.

A good journalist knows this. You probe until you find the better story, and then you shift your narrative.

I just don’t think a massive subject shift and completely improvised set of questions for a preplanned special is that realistic. He let Knight say his piece, he didn’t cut him off or anything.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Coach K put his head in the sand too, everybody knows Duke cheated like crazy to get Zion and Bagley, amongst others.
And Chris Duhons mother gets a management position at Glaxo Pharmaceuticals, the kid that pawned $100,000 dollars worth of jewelry (Thomas?) , Bagley‘s and Zion’s families living in a million dollar mansion.

Knight was a supreme Asshole. He was jealous of others and would consistently put them in the worst possible light. Not just Wooden but others as well. He publicly tried to bully Joe B. with the slap on the head. I would take whatever that piece of shit said with much doubt. He is also the guy that said women should just lay back and enjoy it if they were being raped. Yes, he had great success for a number of years but then he lost all relevance. More people hate the guy, than care anything about him.

Yes, that would make a better story. Buck's in the business of generating views and hits by cultivating fascinating narratives. Having one legend tear another legend to pieces would be an impressively more compelling story.

That’s funny AF

Knight was a supreme Asshole. He was jealous of others and would consistently put them in the worst possible light. Not just Wooden but others as well. He publicly tried to bully Joe B. with the slap on the head. I would take whatever that piece of shit said with much doubt. He is also the guy that said women should just lay back and enjoy it if they were being raped. Yes, he had great success for a number of years but then he lost all relevance. More people hate the guy, than care anything about him.
With all that said, there is ample evidence to back up what he said about Wooden/Gilbert.

Reactions: crestcat
At least we know Cal is above cheating and doing anything unethical. Makes use feel good as a program, not cheating, ever, for what ever reason. Running a clean program helps me be a better fan. We win the right way. Even better is knowing we only recruit on our programs name and don't have to pull any strings.

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT