ADVERTISEMENT

Klutch Sports

dickieVIII

Freshman
Feb 5, 2022
I am very disappointed to hear what they did to Livingston. Lebron uses this agency to control the NBA as much as he can and have inside information. This is what members of Illuminati do. They are control freaks and they do not care who they hurt or what destruction they cause. Their only concern is themselves. If I was Cal, I would not sign, recruit, or even talk to anyone associated with this group. Its time for them to go!

It's an embarrassingly bad face saving move by Klutch but as I've said before Cal at this point in his career has to make questionable deals to get talent. Sad!

Reactions: true blue1
I am very disappointed to hear what they did to Livingston. Lebron uses this agency to control the NBA as much as he can and have inside information. This is what members of Illuminati do. They are control freaks and they do not care who they hurt or what destruction they cause. Their only concern is themselves. If I was Cal, I would not sign, recruit, or even talk to anyone associated with this group. Its time for them to go!
What in the hell did they do to Livingston? He is a NBA draft choice. They didn't want him to compete with Bradshaw for minutes. Bradshaw is considered a better talent by NBA evaluators.
Maybe Livingston would have improved enough to remain in the starting line-up at UK. It would have been a little bit of a risk for him to stay in college. He is in the NBA.
He will improve his skills if he works hard.He will make a lot of money.

What in the hell did they do to Livingston? He is a NBA draft choice. They didn't want him to compete with Bradshaw for minutes. Bradshaw is considered a better talent by NBA evaluators.
Maybe Livingston would have improved enough to remain in the starting line-up at UK. It would have been a little bit of a risk for him to stay in college. He is in the NBA.
Pimpin' Klutch Crutch Crotch Sports now are we? :chairshot:

V4J7M81.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I can’t imagine how they sell what happened with Livingston as a success. How do they promote that to anyone?

Telling other teams to not draft him (because they had a guarantee he would go 58), that's bad.

Telling other teams to not draft him (because they had a guarantee he would go 58), that's bad.
If he was a potential lottery pick and they were trying to hold him out until 58, then yes. He was never going any higher than mid-late second round though. Given that there isn’t a whole lot of difference in money at that point in the draft, I don’t see it as any huge disservice to Livingston to try and ensure he went to a team and situation they felt good about. Given that fit will be important for him to even catch on in the league after being drafted that low, that might have even been doing him a favor. I’m not a fan of how much Klutch has allegedly been trying to call all the shots with Cal, but this particular complaint is much ado about nothing to me.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
They were calling teams telling them not to draft Livingston.

If that's true, I don't understand it. Rich Paul usually does a great job for his clients. I guess there may be a good reason he did that if it happened.
Exactly.
No one in this thread is a sports agent.
Klutch didn't screw over him.
They are the only reason he got picked as his play didn't warrant a selection.
If he wasn't an Akron kid, he wouldn't be with Klutch.

Reactions: Chitown Terry
If that's true, I don't understand it. Rich Paul usually does a great job for his clients. I guess there may be a good reason he did that if it happened.
Its true, widely reported last night. Might have cost him guaranteed money. Rich Paul is working for Lebron first and foremost, dont ever forget that.

Its true, widely reported last night. Might have cost him guaranteed money. Rich Paul is working for Lebron first and foremost, dont ever forget that.
Basically they asked teams as a favor not to draft him 53 or 55 and mess up a deal they already had in place.
They didn't cost Chris a penny.
It's not like a team was going to take him 20 spots higher.
The only reason the other teams agreed to it was because it really didn't matter and had no impact on their team.
If a team had really wanted Chris, they would have taken him despite Klutch' s request.

He would have a good reason for doing it.

That reason being that he genuinely believed that Milwaukee represented a better situation for Livingston’s long-term career prospects than the other teams that were interested (as well as potentially having tacit agreement on a favorable deal). Paul also wouldn’t have done that without Livingston being fully aware of the situation and agreeing to the plan.

A lot of posters on here (this is not directed at you specifically) don’t seem to understand that agents have a fiduciary duty to their clients.

Basically they asked teams as a favor not to draft him 53 or 55 and mess up a deal they already had in place.
They didn't cost Chris a penny.
It's not like a team was going to take him 20 spots higher.
The only reason the other teams agreed to it was because it really didn't matter and had no impact on their team.
If a team had really wanted Chris, they would have taken him despite Klutch' s request.
Top 45 gets guaranteed money. There are teams that would not cross Klutch sports, why else would he call them? They now he can persuade a client not to sign with them in the future. They hold a lot more power that you are giving them credit for.

It's an embarrassingly bad face saving move by Klutch but as I've said before Cal at this point in his career has to make questionable deals to get talent. Sad!
Can you expand on this? I may be out of the loop? Are you talking about pushing Livingston to the draft when he clearly wasn't ready, has no hope of making an impact on an actual NBA roster and will be relegated to the G League in short order?

That cost Livingston no money because no one was gonna pick him.

Lol at cost him guaranteed money…
I said might. They are also persuaded him to leave when he could have stayed a year in college (did not have to be at Kentucky) and raise his draft stock, while making money with an NIL deal. He got bad advise, you can't convince me otherwise

Top 45 gets guaranteed money. There are teams that would not cross Klutch sports, why else would he call them? They now he can persuade a client not to sign with them in the future. They hold a lot more power that you are giving them credit for.
actually only first rounders get guaranteed money
but lately teams have been giving all drafted players guaranteed money

,No one wanted him at 45
Klutch would never persuade a client to not sign with a team offering the best deal or was their clients preferred destination.
Again, their doing Chris a favor by representing him period.
Chris is possibly their lowest level client.

actually only first rounders get guaranteed money
but lately teams have been giving all drafted players guaranteed money

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Kyle Tucker

@KyleTucker_ATH

One NBA scout told us in May, RE: Chris Livingston: "If you’re in the top 45, you’re getting guaranteed money. He is in that group, but he’s fighting to stay in that group." Livingston still waiting to hear his name called at pick No. 47 ...

I said might. They are also persuaded him to leave when he could have stayed a year in college (did not have to be at Kentucky) and raise his draft stock, while making money with an NIL deal. He got bad advise, you can't convince me otherwise
You would have to know Chris personally to know if that's true.
You don't know that Chris wasn't on the phone to Klutch saying get me the hell out of here(college/UK).

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH

One NBA scout told us in May, RE: Chris Livingston: "If you’re in the top 45, you’re getting guaranteed money. He is in that group, but he’s fighting to stay in that group." Livingston still waiting to hear his name called at pick No. 47 ...
Are 1st and 2nd round contracts guaranteed in the NBA?
It's important to know that not every player drafted gets a guaranteed contract. There are two rounds in the NBA Draft with 30 selections per round, but only players selected in the first round are given a guaranteed contract. Those contracts range in different prices based on where the player is selected.

Are second round NBA contracts guaranteed?
Second-round NBA contracts aren't guaranteed.

i read in the last 3 drafts every player drafted got a guaranteed contract. i have not fact checked that

Are 1st and 2nd round contracts guaranteed in the NBA?
It's important to know that not every player drafted gets a guaranteed contract. There are two rounds in the NBA Draft with 30 selections per round, but only players selected in the first round are given a guaranteed contract. Those contracts range in different prices based on where the player is selected.

Are second round NBA contracts guaranteed?
Second-round NBA contracts aren't guaranteed.

i read in the last 3 drafts every player drafted got a guaranteed contract. i have not fact checked that
Teams are not required by the CBA to offer guaranteed contracts to second round picks.

However, teams are also free to offer a second rounder a guaranteed deal if they choose to do so during negotiations. It has become increasingly common for second rounders to get guaranteed deals, especially if they are picked in the earlier part of the second round.

Teams are not required by the CBA to offer guaranteed contracts to second round picks.

However, teams are also free to offer a second rounder a guaranteed deal if they choose to do so during negotiations. It has become increasingly common for second rounders to get guaranteed deals, especially if they are picked in the earlier part of the second round.
100% correct
being picked #45 vs #58 does not change getting or being offered a guaranteed contract
that is up to the team and any players drafted in the second round

They might have done him a favor if the team picking at 58 was guaranteeing money, while a team drafting at 50 might have let him dangle and cut him.

There are cases of teams being asked not to draft at all because a player knows he can go somewhere of his choice as a free agent and get paid.

Not trying to defend Klutch business practices in general, but it isn’t clear to me at this point that they hurt Livingston financially.

This is what members of Illuminati do. They are control freaks and they do not care who they hurt or what destruction they cause. Their only concern is themselves.

This is the dumbest take possible. What is a sports agency supposed to be focused on? Illuminati? Seek help bro. You need to come back to reality. Business is business and if you expect more from a business that is entirely centered on maximizing revenue, it’s on you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT