ADVERTISEMENT

Khaman Maluach

From most NBA mock drafts, don’t they have Flip going top ten or in the late lottery?

He's actually been dropping a bit, to now outside the lottery.

It was honestly incredibly dumb for him to come back, there was really nothing else to gain, when many saw him as a top10 player on a much stronger draft. He's now a year older and he basically didn't improve at all. Him falling in mock drafts is the NBAs way of saying "maybe this is his full potential" as opposed to last year where the thought was "imagine how much better he will be as a sophomore!"

He got some bad info, OR the NIL money/zions mansion played into this.

Flip wasn’t projected as a lottery last season, mid/later first round. Plus he needed surgery on his hips.

he is still collecting an NBA check
Yes anyone bringing up HG is fooling themselves. The kid went to Duke with two bad knees, barely played but because of their brand and his name, still came out a top 20 pick.

Only other school that could have done that is UK. And, like you said, here we are years later, he still has no knees and just signed another contract with the lakers.

Yes anyone bringing up HG is fooling themselves. The kid went to Duke with two bad knees, barely played but because of their brand and his name, still came out a top 20 pick.

Only other school that could have done that is UK. And, like you said, here we are years later, he still has no knees and just signed another contract with the lakers.
giles was gonna be the next cwebb...he was absolutely filthy in HS...yep, tough injuries...he did get 4 and 4 playing about 12mpg while at duke

If people think Knox is a bust. Giles is a big time bust. They way he recovered at Duke is nothing to brag about like poster bragged!

Dybanstsa is the dude we must secure IMO too.
Feel good about AJ--Caleb will be the guy everyone will be trying to land by end of Summer. He's about as impactful as it gets in terms of doing everything very well. He makes game easier for teammates and can impact a game when not scoring which is hard.

AJ is special but we've known that and UK has been all over both.

The Twins-glad UK treaded with caution there.

Feel good about AJ--Caleb will be the guy everyone will be trying to land by end of Summer. He's about as impactful as it gets in terms of doing everything very well. He makes game easier for teammates and can impact a game when not scoring which is hard.

AJ is special but we've known that and UK has been all over both.

The Twins-glad UK treaded with caution there.
The seemed to be open to UK, I’m think the bigger one is gonna be good. Probably be Duke but they didn’t sound like typical Duke locks to me even being kids. Rumor had it their mother really likes Cal and it’s not like Carlos cares much about Schyer as a coach at least IMO. I think it would be funny to get them just because.

The seemed to be open to UK, I’m think the bigger one is gonna be good. Probably be Duke but they didn’t sound like typical Duke locks to me even being kids. Rumor had it their mother really likes Cal and it’s not like Carlos cares much about Schyer as a coach at least IMO. I think it would be funny to get them just because.
Believe whatever you choose and maybe that's 100% correct, I only have been told to tread lightly there and UK should be focused on the guys they know are leaning their way which is apparently very strong group (Cal mentioned how strong '25 was looking prior to landing Boogie/JQ in the Fall for '24 which he said was going okay) and noticed that once the Twins visited Duke, UK hasn't been seen at any of their games, or mentioned a lot at all.

Reactions: Fox2monk and john19
Can't wait for the Champions' Classic. Got a feeling Duke is due for good a$$ whoopin' from the Cats this time. Pay back is Hell!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
"How is Duke still recruiting so well after coach K???"
Are we still pretending the best recruits aren't paid for by the shoe companies? And I'm not throwing stones, every big time school is involved. Nike and Adidas run the college basketball world. Just the way it works
This. Between Coach K having a building on Nikes campus, half of espn being Duke grads and slurpers….its easy to see why they will continue to get players. They control over half the propaganda machine and deep ties to the biggest shoe company. K and Duke and the fake “clean program/does it the right way” mantra made a lot of money for Nike…of course they’d like to keep that pipeline open and not let it die post-K

Duke used to have to find creative ways to buy players. In the NIL era, there is a sanctioned fig leaf for pay for play. They still are probably having boosters lease giant houses for player families and load them down with jewelry, etc. Now boosters can directly negotiate "NIL" with players and their hangers on.

Believe whatever you choose and maybe that's 100% correct, I only have been told to tread lightly there and UK should be focused on the guys they know are leaning their way which is apparently very strong group (Cal mentioned how strong '25 was looking prior to landing Boogie/JQ in the Fall for '24 which he said was going okay) and noticed that once the Twins visited Duke, UK hasn't been seen at any of their games, or mentioned a lot at all.
I don’t plan on them being the primary focus. Just saying it sounded like for a while at least like they were legitimately open. I obviously have no inside information. I just hope we get Dybantsa.

The poster stated how great HG did at Duke recovering. I don’t think that is anything to brag about. HG has never been the same player. Basically he is a bust!!
A bust to me has overtones of laziness -- you get the big contract and coast. Or scouts seriously over-rated your skills. Giles just had horrible luck with his knees.

A bust to me has overtones of laziness -- you get the big contract and coast. Or scouts seriously over-rated your skills. Giles just had horrible luck with his knees.
I don’t think laziness has any thing to do with it. You just don’t live up to expectations. The poster I was responding to said go to Duke if you have an i injury. I said it didn’t work out for HG. I loved Greg Oden but basically he was a bust never lived up to expectations due to injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT