ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will be away team again

By the way, where did you see this piece of valuable information?

Reactions: permdaddy
Thanks. That is an extremely messed up system. I really just don't like it because we're more familiar with our own dugout, and I think having that familiarity can play a factor in just being more comfortable. Still, we have the home crowd and that is what really matters most.
Watching UF vs Bethune-Cookman, and the Gators are the visitors in the win or go home game, so that is the way it goes. But like you said we are playing in front of the home fans, and in our own ballpark.

Watching UF vs Bethune-Cookman, and the Gators are the visitors in the win or go home game, so that is the way it goes. But like you said we are playing in front of the home fans, and in our own ballpark.

The rule kind of dumb in many ways. What is bad is that it is always going to reward a 3 seed over a 1 seed if the 3 seed wins game number 1. Look at what happened in Lubbock. They played the second round against Sam Houston State and hit first. They won that game and SHSU battled out of the loser's bracket to play them again yesterday, where TTU hit last. Now, tonight, SHSU will get to hit last again.

Maybe it is a rule I'd love if it weren't us on the bad end of it. haha Still, very glad we're hitting in our own park in front of Big Blue Nation

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Can't change it don't need to focus on it at all. Irrevelant. Do what you do Cats!

If we win thought, we will be home team in Game 2 vs. Louisville in the Supers. If it was just higher seed, they'd be home every game.

It is suppose to make it more fair for all teams. If you are truly the No. 1 seed in a Regional, you should be better than all the others. You are at home, sleeping in your beds, on your routine, etc. It shouldn't really be that big of a difference if you bat first or last. Still the same number of outs.

One thing to add, even thought it's irrelevant now, but the NCAA changed the rule to where you can use your normal dugout. However, where UK has a covered bullpen, they were forced to change dugouts when being the visiting team.

One thing to add, even thought it's irrelevant now, but the NCAA changed the rule to where you can use your normal dugout. However, where UK has a covered bullpen, they were forced to change dugouts when being the visiting team.

Yep. You can stay in your own dugout as long as there is not an advantage to staying there. The covered barn is considered an advantage, so the "home" team gets to be in that dugout. Moving forward, this won't be an issue because it seems as though both bullpens will be out in the outfield wall behind the fence, which I like. I hate bullpens that are in foul territory just outside the field of play.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT