ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs NC St. game 3 TV

permdaddy

Senior
Mar 30, 2002
Brandenburg
The game will be on ESPN3 streaming only tonight. As of now it's not on TV. I just wanted to let everyone that's interested know. There could be a rain out or two that would get them to TV but as of now ESPN3 only.

Reactions: On-On-UK
I am excited about tonight, this could be a program building block win. An opportunity to play Louisville in a Super Regional would bring a ton of attention to the state, and would be a national series of interest !
One great thing for UK baseball was that both the Indiana and NC State games were live on ESPN 2. This can do nothing but help the already rising program under Coach Minge !

The game will be on ESPN3 streaming only tonight. As of now it's not on TV. I just wanted to let everyone that's interested know. There could be a rain out or two that would get them to TV but as of now ESPN3 only.

Can game be viewed on computer or smart tv web browser? I do not have subscription for espn3 on my cable.

ESPN3 is basically just an online steaming channel. So, yes, you can watch it online on a computer and possibly through a smart browser. It should also be streaming through the ESPN app on smart tvs if you have that. I typically watch the games through my xbox1. Only sad part is that I can't get the audio of Neil Price to line up with the streaming video. I'll probably listen anyway and will just have the audio not synched.

There is a NCAA regional game listed at 7:00 on SEC Network showing on my direct TV guide.

Auburn vs FSU is listed on both ESPN2 and ESPNU at 7:00 so who knows? We'll find out at 7:00.

ESPN3 is basically just an online steaming channel. So, yes, you can watch it online on a computer and possibly through a smart browser. It should also be streaming through the ESPN app on smart tvs if you have that. I typically watch the games through my xbox1. Only sad part is that I can't get the audio of Neil Price to line up with the streaming video. I'll probably listen anyway and will just have the audio not synched.

You have to have the provider information and stuff, right?

How is the weather? About 3 hours south it is pouring.

Can't decide whether I would like a rain delay or not. I have to believe that there is absolutely no way in heck that they can bring back either Brown or Adler to pitch even if the game is delayed to tomorrow. So, I think if it is delayed it would give us an advantage in the game. However, I am not sure I can wait another day.

How is the weather? About 3 hours south it is pouring.

Can't decide whether I would like a rain delay or not. I have to believe that there is absolutely no way in heck that they can bring back either Brown or Adler to pitch even if the game is delayed to tomorrow. So, I think if it is delayed it would give us an advantage in the game. However, I am not sure I can wait another day.
It hasn't rained at all today. Think one of the local meteorologists said there might be a stray thunderstorm or two pop up but that'll be it. Nothing to suggest that the game won't be played tonight.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
It hasn't rained at all today. Think one of the local meteorologists said there might be a stray thunderstorm or two pop up but that'll be it. Nothing to suggest that the game won't be played tonight.

Huh? I left Lexington this morning and it was absolutely pouring!

Good for them. I'll be jealous if we don't make it. By the way... I think the Houston field with the black turf mound is the dumbest thing I have seen in baseball. Why the hell would you make your mound black?!
I didn't even know you could have turf on the base path. Not one speck of dirt on that whole field.

I didn't even know you could have turf on the base path. Not one speck of dirt on that whole field.

The downside, IMO, of the new stadium that UK is building is that it will be an all turf baseball field. Many people will disagree with me, but I am extremely saddened by this. I am not sure if they will continue to have a dirt mound, but everything else will most certainly be turf. I understand that it cuts down on costs and allows for more outdoor practice, especially for a northern school, but I still can't accept it as a traditionalist that believes that baseball is played on dirt.

The downside, IMO, of the new stadium that UK is building is that it will be an all turf baseball field. Many people will disagree with me, but I am extremely saddened by this. I am not sure if they will continue to have a dirt mound, but everything else will most certainly be turf. I understand that it cuts down on costs and allows for more outdoor practice, especially for a northern school, but I still can't accept it as a traditionalist that believes that baseball is played on dirt.
Basepaths will be dirt though right?

Good for them. I'll be jealous if we don't make it. By the way... I think the Houston field with the black turf mound is the dumbest thing I have seen in baseball. Why the hell would you make your mound black?!
Agree about the mound, also I was wondering about the warning track, is it just painted brown or is it a different texture than the turf, if just painted brown, it really isn't a WARNING track.

Agree about the mound, also I was wondering about the warning track, is it just painted brown or is it a different texture than the turf, if just painted brown, it really isn't a WARNING track.

I honestly never really thought about that. I imagine they have something different in the turf to give a different feel or something that actually makes the warning track useful other than just a different color.

Basepaths will be dirt though right?

Nope. Nothing will be dirt with the exception of possibly the mound, but I am not sure if they are planning on making the mound turf as well, a lot of places (such as Houston) have a field that is 100 percent turf. Basepaths and the infield at our new stadium will be brown colored turf to give the traditional look, but will not be dirt at all.

I think this picture kind of gives a good feel of what it will look like. Not likely to have the "dirt" be this light or golden, but I think that color gives it a good contrast so you get a better feel of what it looks like.
zoom_Synth03.jpg

ESPN3 is streaming only, there is no cable channel. Yes it can be streamed on ESPN App or by going to the ESPN3 website using your computer, Phone Roku, Xbox 360/one, PS3/4.

ESPN3 is a joke where I live, can only get it if your internet provider pays for it and none of the ones in my area do.

At least I want dirt on the base paths, hp, pitchers mound...what is bb without dirty uniforms!!?...unamerican:baseball::baseball::sunglasses:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT