ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs Kansas

KA4Prez

All-American
Dec 8, 2003
Columbus, OH
According to Fan Duel, Kentucky is +5.5 with a total of 150.5. This kind of feels like it's a "status quo" line to drive action for the Cats, despite the fact that the team will be significantly shorthanded. I still wonder if the spread doesn't close more like Kansas -7 though.

This site has simulated the result and it's much uglier

Kentucky vs. Kansas Score Prediction​

• Prediction: Kansas 86, Kentucky 61

Spread & Total Prediction for Kentucky vs. Kansas​

• Computer Predicted Spread: Kansas (-24.6)
  • Computer Predicted Total: 147.3

It's saying 29.5 now. That is ugly, but not all realistic imo. I was surprised to see that came out of Bowling Green instead of Kansas or Missouri.

• Haha
Reactions: -BBH-
Yea, very possible we get beat by 8-12 pts. I'm not buying 20+, but I've been surprised with a beatdown a few times over the years.

Sometimes you run into a buzz saw hitting on all cylinders and there's not much you can do about it. Duke with Zion, we did it to UNC and Kansas 2 years ago. Who knows.

Yea, very possible we get beat by 8-12 pts. I'm not buying 20+, but I've been surprised with a beatdown a few times over the years.

Sometimes you run into a buzz saw hitting on all cylinders and there's not much you can do about it. Duke with Zion, we did it to UNC and Kansas 2 years ago. Who knows.
True. I just don’t see KU stringing together that type of an offensive explosion to beat a top 15/20 team by a million points. Lulz they’re gonna struggle to score buckets this year when they need them, outside of maybe HD.

They have a PG that doesn’t even attempt a shot in some games. A very defensive minded, and limited offensive guy, in McCullar. He is elite on defense, though. I just don’t like them to generate much offensive firepower 1-3 at all.

Would love to see UK beat those cheaters but I don't think we can without one of our bigs. Hope I am wrong on this. GO CATS !

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
True. I just don’t see KU stringing together that type of an offensive explosion to beat a top 15/20 team by a million points. Lulz they’re gonna struggle to score buckets this year when they need them, outside of maybe HD.

They have a PG that doesn’t even attempt a shot in some games. A very defensive minded, and limited offensive guy, in McCullar. He is elite on defense, though. I just don’t like them to generate much offensive firepower 1-3 at all.
Yea, I tend to agree with you. I don't think they are all that. Easy to imagine we'll get 1 or 2 "all system failure" games early on too as the freshmen figure it out. Don't think Kansas is that great regardless.

If Coach Cal just rolls the basketball out there, we can expect the worst.

He's been to the top of college basketball, and can not get comfortable.

I hope the team spurs him on to run plays and make adjustments.

You know Self will try to do whatever he can to make it a close game.

Read we only have anywhere from a 25% to 34% chance to win. Not looking good. Need the Big Z to protect the rim. They are saying our best chance is to slow it down to a half court game. Even though we seem to like the fast pace. Getting Dickinson and McCullar in early foul trouble might give us a chance.

Last edited:

McCullar is averaging 18.5 PPG this year and had 17.4 in the Bahamas. Obviously, not quite the level of competition that he will soon face, but they are going to him as option #2. Furphy has done well too so far. 10.5 PPG on the season. 45.5% on 3s. He may be the wildcard for them.

Don't like our chances without the Big 3 but at least Ben Roberts thinks Thiero plays.

It’s likely going to take a while for all of that to come together on a consistent basis, however, and next up for Kentucky is No. 1-ranked Kansas on Tuesday night(9:30 p.m. on ESPN). Perimeter defense and rebounding could be among the young Cats’ biggest problems against a veteran Jayhawks team. Adou Thiero, who sat out Friday while in concussion protocol, sounds like he’s on track to return, but UK will almost certainly be without all three of its sidelined 7-footers. And 7-2 Hunter Dickinson awaits the Wildcats in Chicago.

I don't see any scenario (short of UK hitting 20 threes) that the Cats can win this game. I think they can keep it close for a while but ultimately KU wins by 10-12. Absolutely have to start strong or it could get really ugly really quickly.

Cats>Birds👍

KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Reactions: Kycatspaws
Don't like our chances without the Big 3 but at least Ben Roberts thinks Thiero plays.

It’s likely going to take a while for all of that to come together on a consistent basis, however, and next up for Kentucky is No. 1-ranked Kansas on Tuesday night(9:30 p.m. on ESPN). Perimeter defense and rebounding could be among the young Cats’ biggest problems against a veteran Jayhawks team. Adou Thiero, who sat out Friday while in concussion protocol, sounds like he’s on track to return, but UK will almost certainly be without all three of its sidelined 7-footers. And 7-2 Hunter Dickinson awaits the Wildcats in Chicago.

I know in the moment I'll be pissed and hollering, but the rational me knows this game isn't exactly winnable with the fact we have 1 true big man going against arguably one of the biggest and best big men in the country in HD. They also have Adam's who's older and powerful and plays bigger than he is along with a few other 6'9/6'10 guys.

Against that we have 1 true big at 6'9 and while a great shooter, is a below the rim offensivr player/defender and relatively average rebounder. I see him getting either A) in foul trouble forcing Thiero to play the 5 and/or B) getting his shot blocked a lot. Aside from Mitchell, we got 6'7 thiero, 6'7 Edwards (who struggles with physicality) and 6'8 Burks who's young. If we even had ONE of our 7 footers 100% ready for this game id feel better. 2 I'd be confident and all 3 I wouldn't even worry.

That being said, whether we lose by 5 or lose by 25 it won't matter because we are so riddled with injuries not even the biggest haters will read too deep into a loss. We have nothing to lose which SHOULD be freeing. Play like TAMUC did and just come out and give it 110%. Kansas has all the pressure on them.

Reactions: rabbitTown
Sounds like Cal might play Big Z some if he is cleared in time. Could we just get this one break? Please?
If this happens, I'll be surprised if he's even a contributor. Maybe some rebounds and blocks, but first game in college against #1 KU?

I'd say he won't see the floor unless HD is abusing us inside, and even then, it will be sparingly to stop the bleeding.

Take the points son! Calipari always delivers in this role. The Gold medal cats going show the world.

Sounds like Cal might play Big Z some if he is cleared in time. Could we just get this one break? Please?
The NCAA drags it's feet on clearing every player that UK tries to get eligible.....How F**ed up is this........not just an occasional player but seems like every damn time they pull this crap......The NCAA is Shit!

I have faith in our talent, I just don't have faith in the coaching. After seeing UK get beat time and time again against extremely inferior talent over the last 2-3 years, the coaches will have to prove themselves.

We have some reportedly insane recruiting class and Vegas still thinks Kansas rolls us .. Not good . esp that computer model thing , maybe thats trash ?

I will cheer as hard as I can tonight. But I don’t see us winning this game. No big men. AT groggy, young. I just hope it don’t get ugly. Not to mention our recent underwhelming performances in this event. Hope I’m wrong. I’d love to eat some crow.

We have some reportedly insane recruiting class and Vegas still thinks Kansas rolls us .. Not good . esp that computer model thing , maybe thats trash ?
The only thing insane is buying into the idea that a #1 recruiting class translates to anything BBN values.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT