ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky vs Kansas Official Game Thread**

Here come the moral victories. Damnit im sick and tired of hearing ''we played well in this one, we'll be good next time'' etc etc. Why can't we win it now? Why the excuses? We were up 58-44 and lost. ''well no bigs, harris hit 1000 threes, well cal tried''.

The two blown defensive assignments followed up with that stupid 3 by Dilly broke this game.
I guess you are forgetting about the airball that Wagner threw up. Edwards threw up his airball before Wagner's. Heck, the game would have played out differently had Edwards not missed two easy baskets at the start of the game.

In all honesty UK played better tonight than I thought they would and shouldn’t be as upset as I am but Cal coached UK teams have lost so many big games since 2015 that I’m tired of him snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. He just needs to start winning these.

Last edited:
As good as Dilly was in the 1st half, he kinda blew it in the 2nd.

Other guys didn’t step up either. But man, you can’t go under those screens with a dude that wasn’t missing. And then the forced airball 3.
Yeah that was really really bad. That killed us.

WE have the oppurtunity to be so dang good. This is incredible frustrating to lose another one of these but we need not freak out. We have the talent we just need a big or two healthy and keep getting better.

Reeves can't be the guy. He's absolutely not clutch on game winning shots. He can get you points in the flow of the game. But he'll never win top level games 1 on 1 or creating his own shot.

• Haha
Reactions: gharding07 and ck-2
What lost the game, to me…..
- last two plays of first half where we just imploded
- Cal ****ing up the line up for a big chunk of the second half
- Dilly gifting Harris two wide open threes
- DJ and Edwards being force fed too many minutes while basically giving points to the other team
- Very very stupid three ball miss by Dilly

I have seen enough of the Wagner show. He is already showing himself as one of the most selfish players to play a UK. There is no doubt that he gave Kansas the game.
So far he’s been a liability. Everyone says he’s great, hopefully he starts showing it.

No silver linings or moral victories. Cats played hard but once again pissed a winnable game away. Same old song and dance with Cal. Just another year. Had their chances to win and overcome the odds with the size disadvantage.
up 6 with 4 to go and lose by 5. classic. man just can't seem to win these lately.

Reactions: huntsvillecat2
I’m not going to make a sky is falling post. Given what we had missing tonight, I’m overall happy with our effort and toughness.

I won’t lie though, having a 6 point lead under 4 minutes and then losing after a series of defensive brain cramps and awful shot selections down the homestretch stings a little. Hopefully that’s something that can improve as the season goes on, but the inexperience definitely bit us tonight.

Reactions: megablue and gbl97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT