ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky videos / documentaries

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
I'd wager everybody here's seen "Harlan County USA" (or at least knows what it's about), but it's obligatory so:

The Corbin Expulsion happened when my grandpa was a kid, and "Trouble Behind" was made while I was in high school.

Nick Johnson has a few videos on Kentucky on YouTube, like this one. I think that overall it's a fair cop, but I wish he'd mentioned how awesome the hiking is there.

Ignited Coyote has a lot of cool videos on Kentucky as well.

And I only recently learned of Punkyville. I'll definitely be taking a few pics the rest time I drive through that area. XD

So anyway. =)

giphy.gif

This guy Peter Sanentello has great Travel Ducumentaries. He seems to always respect the culture and people involved unlike some others who seem to mock Kentucky

This one is about the Coal Mining families in Cawood and how the Coal Mining life sucks you in.

Another one about this guy living off the grid somewhere.in Eatern Ky. I haven't watched this one yet

PBS, during one of their fundraising telethons, had a video about the history of Lake Cumberland with a lot of old footage before the lake as well as building the dam. It was very interesting for those who vacation there to see the area before the lake.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT