ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Missouri (Sunday)

Heard the GS on the radio, one of the loudest cheers ever at the Cliff

What. A. Game.

An emotional roller coaster.

Hopefully that gives Harper a little boost of confidence for the stretch run.

Score update:

UT beats Georgia in 10. UGA wins series 2-1
Arky now ahead of Bama. Would sweep if they hold on.
South Carolina storms back to tie Vandy in the 8th. USC with two on and 2 outs.
A&M up early 1-0 in rubber match with MSU
TCU up 9-5 trying to take series from Tx Tech
Miami takes rubber game from FSU to take final game and lose series 2-1

Oh yea of little faith... And I am talking to myself hahaha. That was a huge win today hopefully this will carry over into next weekend we absolutely need to at least win the series in Knoxville. Was planning on being at the game today but my digestive system had different ideas

Oh yea of little faith... And I am talking to myself hahaha. That was a huge win today hopefully this will carry over into next weekend we absolutely need to at least win the series in Knoxville. Was planning on being at the game today but my digestive system had different ideas

Hahaha. We will all enjoy our crow.

23 earned runs over three games. Missouri had given up only 129 earned runs all season (43 games).

Their ERA moves from 3.10 to 3.42 after this series. That might move them down a spot in the SEC. Our pitching managed not to move down a spot since we have last place sown up. Looks like LSU scored enough earned runs over Ole Miss so that Missouri keeps their spot.

Cb3... Just a tidbit and a question for everybody... What is the possibility would be you that with another week's rest that Zack Thompson could start on Saturday next weekend

Personally I'd either start him and give him just 3 innings and then go to Haake for hopefully 3 or reverse that. I'd want to give him one more week of prep before pushing him too far.

Score update:

UT beats Georgia in 10. UGA wins series 2-1
Arky now ahead of Bama. Would sweep if they hold on.
South Carolina storms back to tie Vandy in the 8th. USC with two on and 2 outs.
A&M up early 1-0 in rubber match with MSU
TCU up 9-5 trying to take series from Tx Tech
Miami takes rubber game from FSU to take final game and lose series 2-1
SC beats Vandy 10-9 to win series in Nville, this thing is getting tight!! Now 8 teams with 9-11 wins. 6 with 10-11.

Last edited:
Wow what a victory in a must win game. Unbelievable comeback. I was working on a trial coming up and didn’t know much past UK being up 6-1. I will have to watch the replay tonight.

Whatever we do we need to win against Indiana. They are a top 20 RPI team and that would great.

UK is 14-10 against top 50 RPI. That is tied for second most. Texas Tech has the most with 19, so it is great that we have two over them.
Question CB3...when you were in for the game , did you get to check out the new stadium.? thoughts?

If I am Minge, I have Belanger and the pitching staff in some ' Come to Jesus ' meetings this week. Their performance, outside Hjelle, Lewis, Marshall, and Harper was very lacking. Machamer was dreadful today, which surprised me to be honest.
If I'm not mistaken that's not the first time that's happened to Mach...

Question CB3...when you were in for the game , did you get to check out the new stadium.? thoughts?

I didn't. I honestly didn't even think about it. Now I'm kind of hitting myself for not going by. My understanding is that it opens in August, so we should be able to practice there this fall.

Originally I thought it looked pretty cool, but I'm worried that the flying saucer look won't age well. Might depend on how it looks and what's up with it.

The second image from from this news story looks amazing:

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/look-kentucky-approves-construction-of-new-baseball-stadium

However, I fear it's going to look quite different from that and might look more like a spaceship or like the Lavar Burton Star Trek visor. Regardless, an upgrade was needed, but we certainly didn't go with a classic look on the outside. Lol

I'm guessing they wouldn't want to go over 60 pitches. Gotta play it safe with Zach's future.
Most certainly concerned about ZT, that's why I mentioned the rotation. ZT will be the man next year I think and he Harper are separating themselves as two of next season's weekend starters.

Heard the GS on the radio, one of the loudest cheers ever at the Cliff
I was there and it was awesome. Would have been a lot louder had so many fans not left when we went down 10-6. Admittedly, we contemplated leaving too. We mainly stayed because it was such a beautiful day and we had nothing better to do. Great comeback for the CATS!

I didn't. I honestly didn't even think about it. Now I'm kind of hitting myself for not going by. My understanding is that it opens in August, so we should be able to practice there this fall.

Originally I thought it looked pretty cool, but I'm worried that the flying saucer look won't age well. Might depend on how it looks and what's up with it.

The second image from from this news story looks amazing:

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/look-kentucky-approves-construction-of-new-baseball-stadium

However, I fear it's going to look quite different from that and might look more like a spaceship or like the Lavar Burton Star Trek visor. Regardless, an upgrade was needed, but we certainly didn't go with a classic look on the outside. Lol
I have been over there a couple of times and I think it was meant to blend in with the other stadiums on that part of campus, football, soccer and softball...So while the outside might not look like a "traditional" baseball stadium, the look from the inside will be awesome.

I was there and it was awesome. Would have been a lot louder had so many fans not left when we went down 10-6. Admittedly, we contemplated leaving too. We mainly stayed because it was such a beautiful day and we had nothing better to do. Great comeback for the CATS!
Had every intention of going, but had a bad stomach bug that kept me occupied all day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT