ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Missouri (Sunday)

Excited to see how Kessler plays today. Need more consistent throughout the lineup. UK needs to close this one out. Losing series to Alabama and Missouri would be ugly.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Not a good way to start the rubber game.

Lewis typically struggles in either the first or the second. He then settles in. He just has to limit any damage in the first two and he should be ok. At least that's the usual book on him.

Dang... Lewis gives up a little flair to left that scores a run. Pompey might have had a play had he laid out for it.

1-0

I can't tell you how many times Darren Headrick has said, "That's a ball Pompey's gotta catch," this year. He says it again today cost UK and Lewis a run.

Lewis gets a grounder to 2nd to end it. 1-0 going to the bottom 1.

Pompey with a long single. Not sure how he doesn't stretch that into a double...?

Cottam goes up 3-0 as well before a couple outside strikes run it full. Pompey at second messing with Leplant.

Interesting here. Missouri doesn't do the headset with the catcher and they are having communication problems. I think a visit to the mound to give the pitcher a wrist play sheet counted as a time out and now Missouri pitcher talking to the dugout from the mound to avoid a second mound visit.

BASE HIT COTTAM UP THE MIDDLE SCORES POMPEY!!! Runners at second and third.

Apparently they didn't give Missouri a time out with the earlier as they do a mound visit.

Becker lines one back up the middle to keep this alive. Still no outs!

We might be hitting a bit better than LaPlante's BA against of 0.180.

Becker tries to steal second and a perfect throw gets him. No need for that in my opinion. Let him continue to struggle.

Reactions: DubyaT
Shinn grounds out back to the pitcher to end the first. UK responded and they are up 4-1.

Lewis is looking very good with his offspeed stuff. Looks really hard to hit, great location today. Even the hit that scored a run was off the end of the bat.

Grounder to Dawson for out one and then an easy fly to left start off the second.

Same here. They helped bail him out. This team still gives way too many outs on the basepaths for my taste. They’re consistent with their aggressive philosophy, though, so can’t fault them too much.

I just don't think they do it at the best of times. That one for instance helped them get out of the inning when we might have drawn a walk and had two runners on with just one out. Just not worth the risk when you've hit the guy hard every single at bat.

Lewis hits a guy and then gets a 3 pitch strikeout to end the Tiger 2nd.

Reactions: DubyaT
Why does it seem like we hit or walk the 8th or 9th batter in the lineup? Doesn't matter since he strikes out Gomez on three pitches. Last night, we let Gomez beat us.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
You know the coaches liked what they saw from Kessler when they DH him despite it being left on left.

Kessler draws a full count walk. Very good at bat. Missouri pitcher now at 40 pitches.

Dawson oddly enough squares early and gets two balls. He then doesn't square and gets a strike. He squares again and gets a ball. 3-1 count he doesn't show bunt and draws a walk.

LaPlante averages a little over 1 walk every 4 innings. We've got three in less than 2. Great day so far at the plate.

Missouri going to the bullpen. UK got something working here. Top of the lineup to face Lopez

Mingione still angry about the timeout situation and he's arguing with the umpires.

Mingione actually apparently upset over bench warnings issued after Heyer's home run.

Squires worked a full count but grounds into a double play. Still, it scored a run for UK. 5-1 with a runner at 3rd and 2 outs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT