ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Missouri (Friday)

It's not his fault he's playing , he just is not a very good hitter. They need to go another route because he and Shinn are not getting it done. I don't think Shin will not get better till he gets that hitch out of his swing.

Shinn is hitting .333 against SEC pitching. It's just 18 at bats, but 6 hits is solid and deserving of more chances.

Dawson has also been very good at the plate lately hitting .273 in SEC play with 8 walks and 7 RBIs. He, like everyone, does need to cut down on Ks though.

Rodriguez is hitting sub .100. Probably about time to shelve him for the year, but the problem is that UK basically has no one they can trust off the bench.

Shinn is hitting .333 against SEC pitching. It's just 18 at bats, but 6 hits is solid and deserving of more chances.

Dawson has also been very good at the plate lately hitting .273 in SEC play with 8 walks and 7 RBIs. He, like everyone, does need to cut down on Ks though.

Rodriguez is hitting sub .100. Probably about time to shelve him for the year, but the problem is that UK basically has no one they can trust off the bench.
What about Zeke Lewis getting a chance with some more at bats? He couldn’t be worse than Rodriguez could he?

My concern, a small one for now, is that C Machamer is supplying the power for some of these late inning hits. That ball was inches from being the game tying HR.
He simply MUST come up with a compitent breaking ball to keep batters off guard. I know he got the final out on a curve ball, but that was the only one he threw of the 13 pitches he fired. His fastball clocked at 97 mph on 1 pitch, is outstanding, but provides the power when batters square it up.

My concern, a small one for now, is that C Machamer is supplying the power for some of these late inning hits. That ball was inches from being the game tying HR.
He simply MUST come up with a compitent breaking ball to keep batters off guard. I know he got the final out on a curve ball, but that was the only one he threw of the 13 pitches he fired. His fastball clocked at 97 mph on 1 pitch, is outstanding, but provides the power when batters square it up.
It could be a problem at some point, but as we get into playing in some larger ball parks, especially Hoover Alabama, that might negate it some. Agree he will have to develop some secondary pitches to go along with that 95 mph fastball. I thought that ball was gone last night, and Schwartz homered in the 9th in the last UF game, to make it a 1 run game.But, I am glad we have Mac, he has outstanding ability on the mound, and has a sub 2.00 era with 8 saves, 30 K's and only 7 walks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT