ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky team building a porch

PLEASE be careful with the saws and other power tools. Don't need any injuries to derail the season. I would prefer to hear about them painting or something less harmful.

It’s honestly embarrassing watching young people do what they think is work these days.

Thankfully they were taller than average and had coordination and dexterity.

Reactions: UKBlueBlood
Choking the hammers. A lot of them is telling but glad they are doing it. At least they grabbed the hammer...
a cartoon chicken with a surprised expression on its face

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
It’s honestly embarrassing watching young people do what they think is work these days.

Thankfully they were taller than average and had coordination and dexterity.

If these young people didn’t grow up having to work like some of us, how are they supposed to know how to work??

They aren’t. Hammering one nail is likely more work than you have done to help, so sit down and 🤫!

Reactions: EliteBlue
Brother Beer,

No where in the vicinity. Only a carpenter and I guess a construction worker would know about choking the hammer... (Holding the handle about half-way versus at the end of the handle like you should...)

😅
I knew exactly want you meant. I was just opining that it's better to choke your hammer than your chicken..... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
How long will they be building in eastern Kentucky? The flood was years ago. Between FEMA, the state, and private funds, they've raised enough money to buy everyone in the affected counties a double-wide. Sounds like a bunch of grifting going on.

How long will they be building in eastern Kentucky? The flood was years ago. Between FEMA, the state, and private funds, they've raised enough money to buy everyone in the affected counties a double-wide. Sounds like a bunch of grifting going on.
Did you actually see the devastation???

Amazing that young people doing something for the less fortunate can be criticized for the way they hold a hammer. All you perfect people should show them the correct way

They weren't just out there building a porch.

That group of young men were building and forging something that day much more important than a simple porch.

And what were they building, you may ask? What were those teammates out there forming that day in the hot summer sun, together, as a group?

They were building......... a wraparound screened in porch with an integrated outdoor kitchen. I mean, it wasn't just some regular ass porch.

Were they building anything else out there? Nope, not at all.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
If these young people didn’t grow up having to work like some of us, how are they supposed to know how to work??

They aren’t. Hammering one nail is likely more work than you have done to help, so sit down and 🤫!
I’ve actually framed, plumbed, wired, roofed, trimmed, painted etc, many homes and donated a lot of time and resources helping others doing so. Particularly in the mountain areas of Ky and WV where help is needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT