ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky set to practice against la familia

Love that we’re mending the fracture with some of Cals guys. I saw where Wiltjer apologized for his pic in a razorback uniform and said it was a mistake and he was caught up in the moment. Said he’s BBN for life. Cousins will eventually do the same. Calipari made a lot of sht about himself to the point where his former players felt the need to choose but again, Kentucky is too big for typical Cal games. It’s not gonna work here. I expect nearly all of his former players to end up back at UK just like the rest. Even Ulis isn’t messing around with that. This is the place they’ll be remembered forever, this is where they’re famous. Again Calipari should tell all of them, if he cares, not to ruin what they have at Kentucky but he won’t because it’s all about him and always has been. But then I even feel he knows it too, that’s why he back tracked and moved lightly on the way out while throwing us a rose. Kentucky is just too big to mess about with.

When AD retires he’s the one we need to have back and put his damn jersey in the rafters. It’s for the Kentucky brand and legacy. Heal all the fractures over the years and make it all about Kentucky. These games are a good start.

Love that we’re mending the fracture with some of Cals guys. I saw where Wiltjer apologized for his pic in a razorback uniform and said it was a mistake and he was caught up in the moment. Said he’s BBN for life. Cousins will eventually do the same. Calipari made a lot of sht about himself to the point where his former players felt the need to choose but again, Kentucky is too big for typical Cal games. It’s not gonna work here. I expect nearly all of his former players to end up back at UK just like the rest. Even Ulis isn’t messing around with that. This is the place they’ll be remembered forever, this is where they’re famous. Again Calipari should tell all of them, if he cares, not to ruin what they have at Kentucky but he won’t because it’s all about him and always has been. But then I even feel he knows it too, that’s why he back tracked and moved lightly on the way out while throwing us a rose. Kentucky is just too big to mess about with.

When AD retires he’s the one we need to have back and put his damn jersey in the rafters. It’s for the Kentucky brand and legacy. Heal all the fractures over the years and make it all about Kentucky. These games are a good start.
I'll give Kyle the benefit of the doubt. He put up with some crap here, and worked to get better, but I find it odd that after all UK did for him his first reaction was to "put on a Razorback uniform". Like you said, it makes me wonder if Kyle was only echoing what most of the rest of the players under Cal echoed. That UK doesn't really matter to them.

I'll give Kyle the benefit of the doubt. He put up with some crap here, and worked to get better, but I find it odd that after all UK did for him his first reaction was to "put on a Razorback uniform". Like you said, it makes me wonder if Kyle was only echoing what most of the rest of the players under Cal echoed. That UK doesn't really matter to them.
I don’t consider Kyle bbn for life didn’t he leave for Gonzaga

I agree, I think Wall and AD should have their jerseys hung. Wall started the Cal era, NPOY and number one pick, AD won everything. Mend it up with all the guys. They are all wildcats.

I don’t consider Kyle bbn for life didn’t he leave for Gonzaga
Wiltjer has done nothing but spoken good things about us and always represents for us. He loves the school as much as anyone IMO. He wanted a bigger role for his career and it worked out well. These days getting a player 2 years is awesome.

Alex Poythress was already starting over Wiltjer, and Marcus Lee and Julius Randle were coming in the following year. I don't see how you can fault the guy for leaving.

If you had asked me pre - 2012ish I’d have said no way. The way the game has changed I guess I’d call him BBN. If we don’t tweak it a little we won’t have many players to call BBN lifers when it’s over. Plus the championship so

Speaking of which can we get Davis’ jersey in the damn rafters….

Reactions: Zissou87
Wiltjer has done nothing but spoken good things about us and always represents for us. He loves the school as much as anyone IMO. He wanted a bigger role for his career and it worked out well. These days getting a player 2 years is awesome.

Except when he posted a picture of himself in a photoshopped Arkansas jersey and said “sorry BBN, I’ll be at Arkansas now”.

Yes I think he took it back but man, whew man. He’s got some apologizing to do in big ways.

Kentucky doesn't matter most on this team left after a year cal and the green room comes first and only first good riddance

Reactions: NociHTTP and KFuqua

Theyll all figure out ky fans butter their bread and many of them need that extra social media following or branding. If they dont now, they will.

Arkansas is a great fanbase but they just aren't uk.

Except when he posted a picture of himself in a photoshopped Arkansas jersey and said “sorry BBN, I’ll be at Arkansas now”.

Yes I think he took it back but man, whew man. He’s got some apologizing to do in big ways.
Yes that was dumb and he did apologize. He’s going to support his coach as well. I just don’t get hung up on that kinda stuff. I don’t like the Sharpes of the world, who fast used us to go pro and didn’t even try to play along with gaslighting everyone the entire time he was here.

Yeah, but there is no way a group of returning Kentucky players would embarrass the incoming team, especially under a new head coach who is trying to win over the fanbase...Would not be a good look...
Why not? I find that logic a waste of effort. Whats not a good look would be if they supported Arkansas ov amything Kentucky. Remember, every team will someday have a new coach.

Yes that was dumb and he did apologize. He’s going to support his coach as well. I just don’t get hung up on that kinda stuff. I don’t like the Sharpes of the world, who fast used us to go pro and didn’t even try to play along with gaslighting everyone the entire time he was here.

Sharpe is for sure the one I never want remembered later at UK. He doesn’t need to be invited back and he doesn’t even need to be in media guides. Wash his name from the program and set the precedent. Do not recognize nor honor 1 second of his time here. I’d even argue to contact the NBA and remind them to remove the name from his listing there, that he never played at Kentucky. They’d probably fix it.

I figured Kyle would be a Zag for life since that's where he went and was allowed to flourish and play in a system that fit his style of play.

I figured Kyle would be a Zag for life since that's where he went and was allowed to flourish and play in a system that fit his style of play.
I think Kyle reps both honestly. He never quit repping Kentucky on X and with the media. The issue is his championship is here so that’s gonna have a lot of weight.
I put Marcus Lee into the same category. The guy bleeds blue more than a large portion of recent previous players.

If he would have stayed, I really don't see a way UK doesn't win it all that year.

The players you posted about. Years from now, they will all be remembered as former UK players, not John Calipari players.

That La Familia roster is about 10 to 12 points better than what we've got. If Pope's guys keep it close, I'll be impressed. With Ulis coaching them, it will be a war.

The pro team has a ton of legitimate talent: Bledsoe, Harrison, Teague, Lamb, Grady, Young, Travis, WCS, Orton, Sestina.

That's five former 1st round picks, and 10 guys who have played for pay their entire careers.

That La Familia roster is about 10 to 12 points better than what we've got. If Pope's guys keep it close, I'll be impressed. With Ulis coaching them, it will be a war.

The pro team has a ton of legitimate talent: Bledsoe, Harrison, Teague, Lamb, Grady, Young, Travis, WCS, Orton, Sestina.

That's five former 1st round picks, and 10 guys who have played for pay their entire careers.
We've got 12 guys on this team that play for pay. Lol

Andrew is not listed on the roster.

G - Teague
G - Bledsoe
G - Lamb
G - Grady
G - Young
G - Harrison
G - Canada
F - Sestina
F - WCS
C - Travis
C - Orton
Weird. I just checked and the La Familia instagram page said both are playing. Maybe the roster isn’t all the way updated.

IMG-4765.jpg
This was posted by the official basketball page too

Reactions: Killswitch24
Wiltjer deserves his own thread. It was pretty clear that he didn’t put in a great deal of effort to improve his strength and conditioning during the summer of 2012, and he was completely gassed and abused on defense the last half of that disastrous 2013 season. For all the talk about his lack of PT for 2014, he redshirted with the transfer anyway. He could have taken that year as a RS here and helped both the 15 and 16 teams.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Nobody, and I mean nobody, gives a sh!t who Kyle Wiltjer is rooting for or follows. He has zero influence on recruits.

If he didn’t play for UK, we wouldnt give him a second thought. He left to play for the Zags and if he wants to be an Arky fan, who cares?

Alex Poythress was already starting over Wiltjer, and Marcus Lee and Julius Randle were coming in the following year. I don't see how you can fault the guy for leaving.
You can fault his work ethic and question his mental fortitude.
Wiltjer committed to UK w/o a visit and almost zero recruiting effort. He didn't fully understand UK or BBN, apparently he still doesn't.

Andrew is not listed on the roster.

G - Teague
G - Bledsoe
G - Lamb
G - Grady
G - Young
G - Harrison
G - Canada
F - Sestina
F - WCS
C - Travis
C - Orton

Orton is a great example of what I mean with these Cal guys attacking the program. It’s not smart for their future. I’ve spoken with Orton several times at Rupp and once on campus. He been coming back a lot and loves the fans. He’s turned into a big time UK supporter because he realizes now what he didnt then. That UK is where their fame will always be.

It’s amazing how many people recognize him and want their pics taken with him and their kids. And he loves every second of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT