ADVERTISEMENT

"Kentucky putting together another top 25 class for 2025"

Don't bet on it. Soon the "experts" will reevaluate commitments and just so happen to drop UK below paying subscribers at "name" schools. UK will finish 11-13 in the SEC, mid-30s nationally.
Yes and this group will help Kentucky end the season close to the top ten every year they’re here. Funny how that works isn’t it. lol. I’m going to say right now that even though they have Smith around 1000, he has the potential to become a first round pick in my opinion. I know people go unseen and are sometimes underrated for whatever reason, but this young man is going to make a big impact here I believe. Thanks mrschwump.

Reactions: mrschwump
Don't bet on it. Soon the "experts" will reevaluate commitments and just so happen to drop UK below paying subscribers at "name" schools. UK will finish 11-13 in the SEC, mid-30s nationally.

I feel ya’, as we have a disproportionate # who drop, but you overstate the case according to recent classes:

2024 . . . . Rivals . . . . 24th final ranking.
. . . . . . . . . 247 . . . . . . 24th final ranking
. . . . . . . . . . On3 . . . . .25th final ranking

2023 . . . . Rivals . . . . 27th final ranking.
. . . . . . . . . . 247 . . . . . . 32nd final ranking
. . . . . . . . . . On3 . . . . . 32nd final ranking

2022 . . . . Rivals . . . . 13th final ranking.
. . . . . . . . . . 247 . . . . . . 13th final ranking
. . . . . . . . . . On3 . . . . . 17th final ranking

Average the three major rating services for the three classes, and we are at an average of 24.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: satcheluk
Yes and this group will help Kentucky end the season close to the top ten every year they’re here. Funny how that works isn’t it. lol. I’m going to say right now that even though they have Smith around 1000, he has the potential to become a first round pick in my opinion. I know people go unseen and are sometimes underrated for whatever reason, but this young man is going to make a big impact here I believe. Thanks mrschwump.
Well, P4 schools sign around 1500 HS players.

Reactions: JASUN74
I’m going to say right now that even though they have Smith around 1000, he has the potential to become a first round pick in my opinion.

I don’t think Josh Allen was ever considered a Top 1,000 commitment, and he was the last addition of his Class. Yet he is the most rewarded player in program history.

The finished product boils down to innate athleticism and work ethic. And no service or website rates the work ethic possessed by players.

I feel ya’, as we have a disproportionate # who drop, but you overstate the case according to recent classes:

2024 . . . . Rivals . . . . 24th final ranking.
. . . . . . . . . 247 . . . . . . 24th final ranking
. . . . . . . . . . On3 . . . . .25th final ranking

2023 . . . . Rivals . . . . 27th final ranking.
. . . . . . . . . . 247 . . . . . . 32nd final ranking
. . . . . . . . . . On3 . . . . . 32nd final ranking

2022 . . . . Rivals . . . . 13th final ranking.
. . . . . . . . . . 247 . . . . . . 13th final ranking
. . . . . . . . . . On3 . . . . . 17th final ranking

Average the three major rating services for the three classes, and we are at an average of 24.1.
Their battered man syndrome is hard to get over. I recommend 16oz therapy to the point of disremebering the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT