ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Offers 2025 4* C Eric Reibe After A Talk With Pope.

The reason Pope likes him? He is 7-0 235 and listed as a power forward. Not a stiff that has to play around the rim all the time. Is a good shooter. Mentioned can play 'multiple' positions. Would like to commit before his senior year but not in a hurry. Sounds like a perfect big in Popes system. Can play out on the floor some and is listed as a four star. Seems to be like an Andrew Carr with his size, mobility and shooting.

Last edited:
But why are we offering 4 stars like Reine and Mullins? It’s like this coach doesn’t get it. He’s going to have to develop these type players. Forcing them into a preset system.

Get 6 5* stars and roll with it. Figure out what the best style for them is as the season progresses.
I really believe a lot of it is how good they are shooting and scoring. Most of the guys he goes after are really good shooters and scorers. And a lot of those kind are 4 stars. Also, he may pick out the better team players. JMO

But why are we offering 4 stars like Reine and Mullins? It’s like this coach doesn’t get it. He’s going to have to develop these type players. Forcing them into a preset system.

Get 6 5* stars and roll with it. Figure out what the best style for them is as the season progresses.
Exactly. That's why this kid would be great. This 5* nonsense has to stop. We're done "rolling with it". That's why Pope was brought in here, to fix the crap that Cal had going. Nothing beats experience.

Reactions: Kybluedude
So good in the summer!

What kind of beer is Paulaner Hefeweizen?

Hefe-Weizen | Paulaner Brauerei München

wheat beer

It's the #1 wheat beer in Germany and one of the world's favorites. In fact, beer experts call it a masterpiece.

With the way that the portal and new NIL rules have impacted transfer, I don’t see many of these projects coming to fruition, at least not at UK.

We may only see 1-2 players who actually see minutes stick around. Much of our incoming class will be players who have developed under another program and coach and transferred in.

If people think our departure rate was bad with Cal and for some reason are hoping it changes with Pope, good luck. We will see just as many leave the program for the transfer portal. For those that want to see freshman turn into men as seniors and watch the grow, again, good luck. Our juniors and seniors are currently enrolled or being recruited by another coach and program.

Reactions: megablue
We will need three giants like this year so Moreno would be Williams replacement and Reibe would be Carr's replacement. Then a guy like Cenac, Ament or Bundalo as Alomor's replacement. Would give us four bigs and all will be athletic and can score.
I would rather Carr’s replacement be a portal guy. I want a big strong upperclassman that can handle the physicality of the SEC.

Preferably a shooter.

Then fill Almonor’s spot with a Freshman with potential.

PF Portal/Freshman
C Garrison/Moreno

Adding another body inside wouldn’t hurt. We should be loaded with returning guys at wing (Oweh, Chandler, Perry, and Noah), so Pope should add another guy for depth inside next season.

Reactions: Mozzie
With the way that the portal and new NIL rules have impacted transfer, I don’t see many of these projects coming to fruition, at least not at UK.

We may only see 1-2 players who actually see minutes stick around. Much of our incoming class will be players who have developed under another program and coach and transferred in.

If people think our departure rate was bad with Cal and for some reason are hoping it changes with Pope, good luck. We will see just as many leave the program for the transfer portal. For those that want to see freshman turn into men as seniors and watch the grow, again, good luck. Our juniors and seniors are currently enrolled or being recruited by another coach and program.
I think the only guys you can count on sticking around until their Senior years are Perry and Noah. And that’s still a maybe, because they may not be good enough to ever get a shot. But Kentucky boys are probably the only players that will have the patience and desire to stick around for four years. That has been the case for a while. It’s no coincidence that about the only players that played four years for Cal were Kentucky boys.

Reactions: Fox2monk

I don’t completely agree, but it won’t stop completely like some seem to think. The involvement of agents has poisoned most loyalties. If you get them to stay, it is because you gave them a raise.

Built for June 2027.

Yeah, those 4* players like Booker, Gilgreos-Alexander, Ulis, those types I'll take all day and twice on Sunday.

I love it.

I actually would have loved a second season from Almonor. I know he's done after this year, but I love his game and what he will be able to do in Pope's system.
What interests me about Almonor is when he committed he talked like he was going to come in here and work so hard the coach would have to give him minutes.

The new landscape now includes re-recruiting existing players to return. The whole team will be recruited every year. That is what it is now.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT