ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky - Northwestern*** game thread

So UK has a fantastic FG kicker and NW has one of the worst FG kickers in college football. Both teams are gassed and hurt. Go to OT. The odds are hugely in Kentucky's favor. Just stupid not to.
I'd fire Stoops in the locker room. You extend the game 99 times out of 100.

I was hoping for something a little more creative then that, lol. Don’t mind going for 2 but what was that?

You obviously didn't see we had some horrible calls, you didn't see that we didn't have Benny, Johnson was banged up and you call to fire him! Are you nuts?
You assume I make a statement after this one game and not his longgggg list of coaching blunders? My god.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Kind of glad some of the trolls and basketball fans dropped out, not enough did though.

Stoops showing enough guts for you now. Went for it all, it isn't always the way that wins the game.

Hey, VERY courageous try, the whole game, nothing to be ashamed about, probably helped our recruiting if anything. Some will even like going for it and losing. And it probably was our best chance, think he would have caught it if the second defender hadn't got a finger on it-----and that is all that he got on it.

Proud of the team AND coaches, almost overcame a tremendous (and senseless) handicap. I really am glad I wasn't that ref, as badly as I would like to have had the opportunity. And while NO official is allowed to officiate his teams games and throwing a game is not happening at this level I bet he wishes he hadn't even got this game.

Oh, and I won my bet, and I don't even care if some of the trolls and doubter lost theirs.

I thought I was going to need his address, no, not for threats, and hope no one stoops that low, to send him a bill for the bet I lost, great comeback to save his money, lol.

Bye, got another game to go watch.

Last edited:
Refs against us, No Benny, Johnson banged up and still almost pulled it out

Almost doesn't make me feel any better about losing 5 of the last 7. We needed this win for momentum into next year and that didn't happen. Now you will see a bunch more fans giving up on Stoops and season tickets likely decline again. At least no one can back out of their commitments.

Our receivers are absolute garbage. Ross and Richardson can’t catch shit, Juice has been the same. Hope those two and their broke ass hands transfer.

I disagree. We don’t have a QB that is a good passer. SJ is one heck of a good kid and a warrior, but he’s not much of a passer.

Reactions: brianpoe
Almost doesn't make me feel any better about losing 5 of the last 7. We needed this win for momentum into next year and that didn't happen. Now you will see a bunch more fans giving up on Stoops and season tickets likely decline again. At least no one can back out of their commitments.
I disagree I think the fans will be proud of the adversity this team overcame tonight

Reactions: brianpoe
I don't get Stoops, I'd fire him and I sure as hell don't get some of our fans. In football when you kick the FG earlier down 10, instead of going for the first down, you are in effect playing for the tie. It's absolutely befuddling! smh

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Loved the decision. Hated the play. Two receivers within 5 yards of each other and secondary defender knocks it away.

Empty the backfield or roll SJ out.

I disagree I think the fans will be proud of the adversity this team overcame tonight

I'm much happier, I liked the grit. I would not have been surprised to see this group throw in the towel after they raped Benny. I'm proud of them.

Reactions: JC CATS
Nothing wrong in going for the win, but to try that style of kick recovery is just unacceptable. Theres less chance of recovering that than a traditional onside kick which is about 20% when teams are expecting it

Reactions: JStaff2187
I didn't assume shit, you made the statement after the game tonight so yeah Get out of here with that nonsense
No the nonsense is you and the rest of the fans that put up with this shit. Yay 6 wins and toilet bowl. Yay 7 wins and good ole MCB, woohoo cats! If you're okay with a mediocre team and a mediocre coach getting beat by NORTHWESTERN then you're part of the problem with this football program. I'm tired of sucking. He has the facilities, he has the resources, the fan base and everything he needs to succeed here and this is the best he can do. A squirrel could've won 9 games with this team and the schedule we had. But yep, you keep making those excuses and go ahead and book your big ole MCB tix for years to come. I won't be there with you.

I cheered for them this year too.......... because I like our home grown KY boy Brown.

I however dont like having a head coach that a 3 year old could beat in a game of checkers.
Most of the people who gave Stoops hell all year are saying they are proud of this team for not throwing in the towel, proud of the effort, the coaching, the gutsy call and gutsy play by SJ. This game is nothing to hang their heads about. The ref stole a FG from us, took the best SEC back out of the game in 5 minutes and still we lost on a missed conversion. You can't be mad

No the nonsense is you and the rest of the fans that put up with this shit. Yay 6 wins and toilet bowl. Yay 7 wins and good ole MCB, woohoo cats! If you're okay with a mediocre team and a mediocre coach getting beat by NORTHWESTERN then you're part of the problem with this football program. I'm tired of sucking. He has the facilities, he has the resources, the fan base and everything he needs to succeed here and this is the best he can do. A squirrel could've won 9 games with this team and the schedule we had. But yep, you keep making those excuses and go ahead and book your big ole MCB tix for years to come. I won't be there with you.
Most of the people who gave Stoops hell all year are saying they are proud of this team for not throwing in the towel, proud of the effort, the coaching, the gutsy call and gutsy play by SJ. This game is nothing to hang their heads about. The ref stole a FG from us, took the best SEC back out of the game in 5 minutes and still we lost on a missed conversion. You can't be mad

Reactions: jauk11
QUOTE="jauk11, post: 6452598, member: 5222"]Kind of glad some of the trolls and basketball fans dropped out, not enough did though.

Stoops showing enough guts for you now. Went for it all, it isn't always the way that wins the game.

Hey, VERY courageous try, the whole game, nothing to be ashamed about, probably helped our recruiting if anything. Some will even like going for it and losing. And it probably was our best chance, think he would have caught it if the second defender hadn't got a finger on it-----and that is all that he got on it.

Proud of the team AND coaches, almost overcame a tremendous (and senseless) handicap. I really am glad I wasn't that ref, as badly as I would like to have had the opportunity. And while NO official is allowed to officiate his teams games and throwing a game is not happening at this level I bet he wishes he hadn't even got this game.

Oh, and I won my bet, and I don't even care if some of the trolls and doubter lost theirs.

I thought I was going to need his address, no, not for threats, and hope no one stoops that low, to send him a bill for the bet I lost, great comeback to save his money, lol.

Bye, got another game to go watch.[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT