ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Hurricane.

Old shed got ripped off it's foundation and a patio table blew over and the glass shattered. That will be fun to pick up the pieces. All I know of so far and not to bad considering what I saw while out driving. I saw one house with the roof in pretty bad shape after a tree came down on it.

I probably counted at least 10 downed trees just driving 5 miles away. Luckily most just landed on the ground and didn't hit houses or cars. There was a number of telephone polls that were leaning and power lines down as well. Found out people don't understand how it works with red flashing traffic lights or no working light at all.

Was in union Co to start my day at my mom's. Shortly after we left the tornado(s) we think plural? Touched down close to my sisters and aunts houses just outside of town and one touched down by the shawneetown Bridge 12 or so miles from my mom's house. Luckily all houses were missed.

We were headed to Evansville where that same line and tornado caused us to be sheltered at a hospital where it missed us by a few miles.

Then I headed back to Central ky with my wife where our property only seems to have lost a tree that took out part of a fence. Not too bad but it was dark so hard to evaluate.

Needless to say it was an interesting day.

Yeah same here I'll go to work this morning hoping they fix power today. Seen dozen power polls snap so I doubt it's on til Monday

About a year ago, I paid $2,000 to have six huge pine trees removed that were very close to my home. I’m certain they would have fallen in these winds. $2,000 was cheap for the work those guys did.

About a year ago, I paid $2,000 to have six huge pine trees removed that were very close to my home. I’m certain they would have fallen in these winds. $2,000 was cheap for the work those guys did.
From living in a hurricane state (NC) the pines are so flexible that they do pretty good in a hurricane. It’s the hardwoods that do the worst.
I remember during Fran (1996) the pines stayed at like a 45 degree angle. Fran still had 75mph SUSTAINED winds here 100 miles inland, gusts over 100mph.

Still without power here in Etown. Some roof damage. Some fence damage. Could be better. Could be worse.

95 ft tall short leaf pine uprooted in my front yard in LaRue County. Neighbor lost a tree that snapped the power lines between our houses. Probably looking at a week plus without power.

Last edited:
Roof appears to be good enough. Some of the gutters have come loose. Been in this house for 21 years and never had any wind or storm damage at all. I’ll take it.

From living in a hurricane state (NC) the pines are so flexible that they do pretty good in a hurricane. It’s the hardwoods that do the worst.
I remember during Fran (1996) the pines stayed at like a 45 degree angle. Fran still had 75mph SUSTAINED winds here 100 miles inland, gusts over 100mph.
Pines did far worse yesterday because the hardwoods do not have leaves on. I saw one oak tree down where I went and I saw about 100 pine trees.

I heard the power restoration has been delayed early on because it is very unsafe to hoist a person in a bucket truck when the wind is gusting at 30+ MPH.

I'm hearing that they don't have the poles to respond and it takes weeks to get them sometimes. We have snapped poles here and I seen atleast 6 today that have to be reset and relined

Lost power Friday at 5 o'clock still no power on Sunday morning at 8 AM some neighborhoods near me are getting power back though I'm hopeful we'll get it today

Lexington broke a record for temperature on Wednesday 81゚, then broke a record for barometric pressure on Friday. Very strange weather, to say the least I've never seen sustained winds like that for hours on end

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT