ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky four deep to watch PF Caleb Wilson

At one point, Calipari was leading for Dybantsa, Peterson, Wilson, Acuff, Thomas, and Johnson. Now, it looks like he might only end up with two of them if he's lucky.
WCS said that it was Calipari that attracted recruits to UK. If that was the case then he should be signing four or five 5-Star recruits to Arkansas every year...... I bet he doesn't

Reactions: delk4three
At one point, Calipari was leading for Dybantsa, Peterson, Wilson, Acuff, Thomas, and Johnson. Now, it looks like he might only end up with two of them if he's lucky.
That’s what happens when you leave the best place ,but it wouldn’t matter. He still would have choked had he landed them all and all the transfers he wanted.

To me, it looks like Pope is zeroing in on these guys:

PG Mikel Brown / Acaden Lewis
SG Johnson
SF Tounde Yessoufou / Braylon Mullins
PF Caleb Wilson / Chris Cenac (maybe Ament here too)
C Moreno

(Yes, I know Johnson could be recruited for the PG spot as well)

And he may not get all 5 positions, but it would be really nice to get at least 4 of the above as that would mesh well with Perry, Chandler, Oweh, Noah, and Garrison (hopefully)

Then he could focus on 1 or 2 premier transfer guy in the spring.

Reactions: delk4three
PF Caleb Wilson / Chris Cenac (maybe Ament here too)
Also the nice Serbian PF Bundalo, who just visited UConn, but have to wonder if UK didn't show up 4-deep for Wilson because they are afraid Bundalo will commit to UConn. (He hasn't yet).
GWlT8IfXIAA_PFK

Getting Acuff as the PG was a massive hit as many guys who are talented do NOT want to play with him. Doesn't mean he will be a bad player, but his playing style isn't favored by talented guys who prefer to touch the ball more. For instance, one reason UK pivoted with Trae Young who committed to them on his in-home with them was due to the fact other top players in that class didn't like how he played-preferred Quade Green and most didn't know about SGA's ability at all so that didn't factor in. Also Cal thought he could get Bamba by landing Green.

Young was great in his one man show in Norman and Green was one of the biggest busts in Cal's tenure.

I like Bundalo. He seems like the better offensive player of that group, except maybe Ament

You may be right, but it looks like pope has lines in the water for Wilson, cenak, ament, and maybe bundalo. If we can hook one of those then mission accomplished.
Cenac, I think they've got a legit shot with. Rest I'd be surprised. Bundalo would be the 2nd most likely out of that group listed.

I think Ament is a longshot and Wilson based on some things I've been told from someone who would know be shocking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT