ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Football Win Total Set At 6.5

USMC Cat

Senior
Jun 24, 2009
O-130 ( risk $130 to win $100)
U+110 (risk $100 to win $110)

Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed in a six OR seven win season.

Here is a look at what the projections look like for the rest of the SEC.

Georgia Bulldogs: 11.5 wins
Alabama Crimson Tide: 10.5 wins
Tennessee Volunteers: 9 wins
LSU Tigers: 9 wins
Texas A&M Aggies: 7.5 wins
Auburn Tigers: 7.5 wins
South Carolina Gamecocks: 7.5 wins
Arkansas Razorbacks: 7 wins
Ole Miss Rebels: 7 wins
Kentucky Wildcats: 6.5 wins
Florida Gators: 6.5 wins
Mississippi State Bulldogs: 6 wins
Missouri Tigers: 5.5 wins
Vanderbilt Commodores: 4 wins

At some point, a jump has to be made.

Hit the over last year. Over is the only play unless someone has money to burn just in case Leary’s booby gets re-injured. We’ll be 4-0 with Florida at home. (Knock on wood)

Last edited:
Reactions: maroon79
As I see it.

Ball State W
EKU W
Akron W
Vandy W
Florida W
Georgia L
Missouri W
Vols too early to call
Miss State too early to call
Bama L
S Carolina too early to call
Louisville W

I have confidence in our coordinators and I believe in Devin Leary as long as he is upright. Our defense should be great. We have to score points, which we can do against most of this schedule. Some of our people may get worried about playing Vandy and Louisville on the road, but I am not. Those two games are probably why Vegas and the media are doubting us, but we should win both of them. We are looking at between 7 and 10 regular season wins. Take the over. If Leary goes down, that's how life is in the Southeastern Conference. Next man up.

Reactions: kdh1716
Pretty enticing number. UK was disappointing last year, but the schedule is definitely set up for 7 wins. A 4-0 start is imperative, and I would argue that beating this version of Florida in game 5 is also very important. From there, it gets very tough b/c the swing games like Mizzou and USC are all following big tough games or are sandwiched in between tough games.

Still, I think expecting 7-8 wins is realistic.

Pretty enticing number. UK was disappointing last year, but the schedule is definitely set up for 7 wins. A 4-0 start is imperative, and I would argue that beating this version of Florida in game 5 is also very important. From there, it gets very tough b/c the swing games like Mizzou and USC are all following big tough games or are sandwiched in between tough games.

I think the floor would be 8 wins, but it's not easy predicting anymore. Going to be lots of new QBs in the conference, some are multi year starters.

Reactions: JASUN74
The South Carolina under 7.5 seems like a sure bet. They aren’t that good and there is no way there is 8 wins on their schedule

IMO we will beat MO. We are the better team, and I am not concerned about handling MO at Kroger. The SCar game is in Columbia, so it depends on which team is healthier and fresher by next November. I would hope our guys are hungry for a reckoning in that one.

Reactions: JASUN74
The South Carolina under 7.5 seems like a sure bet. They aren’t that good and there is no way there is 8 wins on their schedule

They are one team I am having a tough time predicting the season. I think Beamer is a copy of Dabo, but he is proving to be a good recruiter. The question I have will he trot the team out that beat UT and Clemson back to back or the one that was blown out by UF the previous week. Like most of the East they have a new OC, a multi year starting QB and a top flight receiver. But they lost some guys to the portal. I don't know if they are going to be over or under.

IMO we will beat MO. We are the better team, and I am not concerned about handling MO at Kroger. The SCar game is in Columbia, so it depends on which team is healthier and fresher by next November. I would hope our guys are hungry for a reckoning in that one.
I think we beat MSU, I don't think they're going to be the same without Leach at the helm. Not sure how much carryover they will have offensively. Will be interesting to see how that team responds to losing Leach like they did.

They are one team I am having a tough time predicting the season. I think Beamer is a copy of Dabo, but he is proving to be a good recruiter. The question I have will he trot the team out that beat UT and Clemson back to back or the one that was blown out by UF the previous week. Like most of the East they have a new OC, a multi year starting QB and a top flight receiver. But they lost some guys to the portal. I don't know if they are going to be over or under.
USC almost always disappoints. How will they get 8 wins from UNC, Georgia, UT, UF, MSU,
Texas A&M , UK and Clemson on their schedule?
I see them losing to every one of these teams

USC almost always disappoints. How will they get 8 wins from UNC, Georgia, UT, UF, MSU,
Texas A&M , UK and Clemson on their schedule?
I see them losing to every one of these teams

They beat UT handily last year with Hooker who was hurt late. Same with Clemson, who knows about ATM, will Pertrino and Jimbo be able to coexist? I expect MSU to struggle some in their transition and have a tough time winning a conference game, I believe they will have a new QB and will have a new head coach. They get us pretty early before we find an offensive identity. I think Beamer is a little silly, but he is upgrading their talent. I think they have a shot at 8 wins.

7 wins are so easy to bank

-4 out of conf are locks. Brohm has tried to prepare UL fans that he is rebuilding and won't be competitive against good opponents.

-we play the 12th, 13th, 14th bottom 3 SEC teams in Florida, Mizzou, Vandy. First 2 are in The Krog, Vandy in Nashville is no harsh road environment.

Then for gravy after 7, we have Knoxville at home, the week after they play Bama. We play at Starkville the week after, I'm down on them & their new coach dumping the Air Raid.

Then South Carolina on the road next to last weekend. Will they be beaten up, will we? One think i count on as fact is Mark Stoops will have his team motivated and enthusiastic to get back at Beamer.

We are 8-4 in 2023 imo

Hit the over last year. Over is the only play unless someone has money to burn just in case Leary’s booby gets re-injured. We’ll be 4-0 with Florida at home. (Knock on wood)
How did you do that? The O/U was 7.5 at every site of note. It was the first time in a while I didn't hit the season over.

Reactions: SaltyCat23
How did you do that? The O/U was 7.5 at every site of note. It was the first time in a while I didn't hit the season over.
You’re right, I was thinking back to 2021 when it was an even 7 at plus odds. I used a bunch of bonus bets on the under 7.5 last year just in case the season went to crap. Got like +130 I wanna say. It took a miracle for the under to hit last year. Vandy and South Carolina at home…smh.

Reactions: satcheluk
UK absolutely needs to win first 4 and with the Vandy top RB now a Cat beating Vandy is critical. Louisville also an important win. 2 others with Missouri USC Florida and MSU very beatable teams should give 7 wins and a Bowl win with a healthy QB is floor. Pull an upset over UT and 8 win season is realistic. Also hope the new transfer kicker can get us to 9 wins with a close one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT