ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Fans went from

To be fair, you aren’t going to be able to get recruits to a minority religion university that has an extremely strict honor code. This isnt the same as a Christian University as that’s a bigger pool to choose from and most are only Christian Schools in name$$ anyways.

I’m frustrated with Mitch bc I don’t think we were to that point in the list yet and think Billy D would have came if you just waited until he could give full attention. But Pope has been on my radar as a second tier candidate so I’m hoping he can learn to swim in the deepend fast and it all works out

We may never know but I wonder if Mitch called Billy and asked him if he would consider the job. Or maybe Mitch didn't ask because Billy had turned us down twice already. Either way, holding out for Billy was probably not the smart move.

Look most everbody wanted Cal gone. We got turned down by some of the what we thought were the better hires, but at least in Mark Pope we got someone that wants to be here and as a former Wildcat he understands the passion of Ky basketball. So lets get behind him, all this bellyaching does the program no good, it is what it is.

Being Hyper Excited about getting a New Basketball Coach to not Caring about Kentucky Basketball with the Hiring of Mark Pope as the next Coach. For almost all fans this has to be a 10 on the Disappointment Scale. To call me SHOCKED would be an Understatement !!!
This fan base is cucked if they accept this

A lot of folks have shown their true nature. It's almost as if we have a bunch of fake fans. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in our fanbase as I am now.
Our fanbase stupidity is a major reason it was impossible to get a top level proven coach. As most on this site thinks $$ will get anyone, hopefully they have learned their bitter comments toward Cal, Mitch, and every name mentioned as a possible hire has done nothing but hurt our University. Sad that we have hundreds of fans that feel like they could or should be our AD. We best get our act together and support Coach Pope. He is all we have and your continued bitching about what should have happened will on hurt our ability to recruit. If I were a division 1 prospect and read this board, i would discount KY immediately. Give it some thought before you post all the hate and discuss.

Our fanbase stupidity is a major reason it was impossible to get a top level proven coach. As most on this site thinks $$ will get anyone, hopefully they have learned their bitter comments toward Cal, Mitch, and every name mentioned as a possible hire has done nothing but hurt our University. Sad that we have hundreds of fans that feel like they could or should be our AD. We best get our act together and support Coach Pope. He is all we have and your continued bitching about what should have happened will on hurt our ability to recruit. If I were a division 1 prospect and read this board, i would discount KY immediately. Give it some thought before you post all the hate and discuss.
for the past 15 years we've had a coach who is nothing but about the money. He left because he couldn't get any more money from UK.

You can't blame UK fans for being in a position where they think money runs all of this.

And it does. The first thing that people are doing to get Pope successful is focus on building NIL money.

what has changed however is a coach that is successful is making a few million so you have to throw serious money at them - next , the NIL is a game changer and its a risky time to switch your college when 2 years of dry NIL money will get you fired.

Reactions: preacherfan
Being Hyper Excited about getting a New Basketball Coach to not Caring about Kentucky Basketball with the Hiring of Mark Pope as the next Coach. For almost all fans this has to be a 10 on the Disappointment Scale. To call me SHOCKED would be an Understatement !!!
You would think so. Here's the thing. Read the board and look at the poll here. Seems like 90% of people are happy about the hire or at least cautiously optimistic. To me the fan reaction is even more Twilight Zone than the hire. I mean, we already expected Mitch Barnhart to be a moron. But Kentucky fans? Historically we've been the smartest fans in basketball.

Basketball is a business and Mitch Barnhart is the CEO at Kentucky. If you made this move in the business world, Mitch would be out of a job. How do you run off Calipari and get turned down by Drew, Hurley was never an option and go straight to Pope is what I can't understand. If supposedly you are the gold standard, wouldn't you make an attempt to hire the best available coach to lead your company. Hoping beyond all hope Mitch gets lucky and Pope becomes a great coach.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
Basketball is a business and Mitch Barnhart is the CEO at Kentucky. If you made this move in the business world, Mitch would be out of a job. How do you run off Calipari and get turned down by Drew, Hurley was never an option and go straight to Pope is what I can't understand. If supposedly you are the gold standard, wouldn't you make an attempt to hire the best available coach to lead your company. Hoping beyond all hope Mitch gets lucky and Pope becomes a great coach.

How many of our posters have complained about not have Kentucky kids on the roster regardless of stars? How many of them complained about a coach who was about business and other things other than UK?

So now we hire a coach who bleeds Kentucky blue and you are upset that we didn't hire a mercenary??? Seriously??

How many of our posters have complained about not have Kentucky kids on the roster regardless of stars? How many of them complained about a coach who was about business and other things other than UK?

So now we hire a coach who bleeds Kentucky blue and you are upset that we didn't hire a mercenary??? Seriously??
You hire the best available coach (mercenary?), not the guy whose main claim to fame is he played at Kentucky. I'm not sure what that has to do with his coaching ability. Like I said, hope he works out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT