ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Fans went from

etowncatfan

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Being Hyper Excited about getting a New Basketball Coach to not Caring about Kentucky Basketball with the Hiring of Mark Pope as the next Coach. For almost all fans this has to be a 10 on the Disappointment Scale. To call me SHOCKED would be an Understatement !!!

Long time fan here . . . Count me in as not disappointed in the least. I could be wrong, but I think Pope will be a good coach at Kentucky.
I think we are headed back to the end of the Tubby years where UK was Irrelevant in the College Basketball Conversation.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
--- BYU beat Kansas Jayhawks & Bill Self this year.
--- BYU beat Baylor Bears & Scott Drew this year.
--- BYU beat Iowa St Cyclones & T.J. Oltzelberger this year.
--- BYU beat Texas Longhorns & Rodney Terry this year.
--- BYU beat NC State Wolfpack & Kevin Keatts this year.

I totally disappointed in our AD. Pearl would have taken this job
Pearl is trash. Why would anyone want a 64 year old who has been as bad as Cal the last 5 years who is currently on probation? Y’all are so weird, hated Cal for having the same last 5 years as Bruce Pearl but want Bruce Pearl. This is how dumb some in our fanbase are.

Mark Pope is our coach, support him or go cheer for Auburn. All the “Anybody but Cal” clowns are still crying. What a joke you people are.

Last edited:
That is quite impressive for the first year in the Big 12.

It will come down to who his assistants are - go out and get the best, Mark!

Do we are hiring Coaches now because they played a good team close. Man we have really fallen!!
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Read my other post above this one

🤡🤡

A lot of folks have shown their true nature. It's almost as if we have a bunch of fake fans. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in our fanbase as I am now.
The Fair Weather ones are always the loudest, good or bad. All they’ve done is spill their milk and announce it for the 10,000th time. Can’t wait to see Epps do the Y.

A lot of folks have shown their true nature. It's almost as if we have a bunch of fake fans. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in our fanbase as I am now.
Lots of trolls from other teams. Or old people thinking this will get college basketball back to where it was (which isn’t going to happen).

Reactions: ManitouDan
Being Hyper Excited about getting a New Basketball Coach to not Caring about Kentucky Basketball with the Hiring of Mark Pope as the next Coach. For almost all fans this has to be a 10 on the Disappointment Scale. To call me SHOCKED would be an Understatement !!!
Not me. I took the opposite journey. It was a struggle to get enthused about anything the team was doing for about the last 5 years while Cal didn't do any coaching. Now I'm all in again. It's been too long.

Idk how anyone can be all in with this hire. I've yet to have anyone tell me why this is even a mediocre hire (not even entertaining a good hire logic at this time). The only thing people say he is played at UK and then I stop reading because that's irrelevant to being the UK coach.

No. Don't count me in as shocked or disappointed. I would take Pope over Cal or Drew any day of the week. Call me crazy or just gullible, but I like that we are getting a guy who will actually care about Kentucky basketball.

A lot of us got our wish.

Anyone but Cal.

Mark Pope fits that bill.

I don’t think this job is as desirable as some of us like to believe. I also don’t think a lot of coaches were jumping at the chance to follow Cal.

It is what it f’n is at this point.

Yeah and kentucky beat Bama and tennessee yet cal is in arkansas

Reactions: Spica Orbit
Pearl

Damn

Some of you are helpless.

I would never support Pearl.
There are posters who won’t stop posting about hiring Pitino…..I would take Pearl 10 times out of 10 if the alternate was Pitino. Look at the vile behavior he took part in at Louisville. He left the program in shambles and who knows when it will recover, and our “fans” want him here??

Not shown any outstanding recruiting. Total fail this years in tourney.
To be fair, you aren’t going to be able to get recruits to a minority religion university that has an extremely strict honor code. This isnt the same as a Christian University as that’s a bigger pool to choose from and most are only Christian Schools in name$$ anyways.

I’m frustrated with Mitch bc I don’t think we were to that point in the list yet and think Billy D would have came if you just waited until he could give full attention. But Pope has been on my radar as a second tier candidate so I’m hoping he can learn to swim in the deepend fast and it all works out

I can understand the letdown.
The reaction is a result of the expectations.
I was hoping for a more experienced hire, but I will wait until the doctor opens his practice till I decide whether to go to him for treatment.

Reactions: KFuqua
I totally disappointed in our AD. Pearl would have taken this job
And gotten us on probation within 3 years. He's got a 3 year show cause attached to his name. He gets watched. Auburn is on probation right now@

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT