ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Derby

First impression. I think Fierceness will be hard to beat but also like the Japanese horse Forever Young at 10 to 1.

Oaks I love Just FYI

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
First impression. I think Fierceness will be hard to beat but also like the Japanese horse Forever Young at 10 to 1.

Oaks I love Just FYI
May need to pick a good mudder for the Oaks. Weather not looking too promising.

Reactions: Tskware
Oaks - Our Pretty Woman, that AE that just drew in, has won 2 races in the slop and barely lost to Tarifa on a fast track. Intriguing longshot at good odds.

Just put $20 to win on Catching Freedom. Wife put $20 on Track Phantom.

Won a little bit of money on a win place bet on Just FYI - hoping to do better tomorrow.

Won a little bit of money on a win place bet on Just FYI - hoping to do better tomorrow.
I liked that horse too. Coming in second, if you bet win and place, you profited $1.06 for every $2 your bet. I hope you bet a bunch. I had $20 to win and place, so I won $10.60. Doesn't seem worth the effort, but I didn't lose.

I liked that horse too. Coming in second, if you bet win and place, you profited $1.06 for every $2 your bet. I hope you bet a bunch. I had $20 to win and place, so I won $10.60. Doesn't seem worth the effort, but I didn't lose.
30-30 here for a $15 profit, better than a sharp stick in the eye

Fierceness 3:1 is the best horse in the field. Long shot to upset Honor Marie 12:1 horse.

Another horse I like is Dornoch, he's a good value at 21:1, this horse may be best suited for the muddy track today and he will likely be on or near the lead at 1/4, and going from the 1 box he should have the rail all the way through.

Last edited:
#8 Just A Touch $5 W/P/S
#4 Catching Freedom $5 W/P/S

$2 exacta box #4 / #8 / #17

Depending on track condition and odds, may add #2 Sierra Leone.

Last edited:
Earlier in the week I was in on 4, 11, and 18
But man 8 is a good closer
1 looks game too
Wouldn't rule out 16 if the pace is peevishly desperate
And I expect 12 will be the leaders near the finish
0.50 tri box 4, 16, 12, and let's throw in 2
Quad box it with 11 and 19

I'd also rec a 3x double multiplier play with 20
that is IF conditions are officially murky
If it's moderately overcast, load up on 3 with 10 as a sleeper
Total dark out conditions, 17 is a wise play
If there's a stiff breeze I'd go all-in with 7
That horsey has the fattest ass in the all the holler mmm mmm
A 14 and 15 straight exacta is a sucker's bet
The sharks will be riding 6 and possibly 18 if a dog gets loose on the track
I don't think 21 can be forgotten about
And 9's trainer is quite surly and intimidating
But me? Gun to my head I'm going with 5
That is if 13 is a late scratch

• Wow
Reactions: Mossip
On the tube they just flashed the poors dancing by porta potties in the in field. Nothing like being hammered by 1 pm and doing the electric slide while smelling piss and a$$.

• Haha
Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
On the tube they just flashed the poors dancing by porta potties in the in field. Nothing like being hammered by 1 pm and doing the electric slide while smelling piss and a$$.
Have you seen ticket prices lately ? The infield is no longer for the poors (very expensive for tickets now). It has gotten to the point, poors can't even get into the track.

Reactions: vhcat70
22 bucks for a crappy mint julep this year. I think they still use pre-mixed Old Forester.

I know the Derby has always been a massive event... but it's absolutely brilliant that they shifted gears in the last decade or two, and turned this into a "red carpet" event as well.. almost like it's part NYE special, part Met Gala, part the Grammy's.

There was a lot of bumping at the end.
Tom Cruise Car GIF by Cinisio Racing

Rubbing is racing

Forever Young is probably the best horse in the field. His jockey however was terrible.

I shouldn’t say terrible just not ready for that type of race.

My wife picks horses only on the name. How in the hell did she miss this one. Her brother's name is Dan.

Exciting 3-way photo finish, but not happy with NBC coverage. Caller initially mistook Mystik Dan for Resilience in mid-stretch. Did they show a full race replay? Had to get on YouTube. The Woodford Reserve promos seemed endless....

Belmont is gonna be up by me at Saratoga this year.. really need Mystic Dan to win the Preakness and its gonna blow the roof off Saratoga if he competes for the triple crown.

Heading into the first turn I thought Fierceness was in a really good spot. When I saw the times for the first half, I thought he was going to be able to shake free in the turn and run them all off their feet. Bottom line, he just wasn’t good enough.

2:03.3 for a final Derby time with many of the horses backing up and shutting down mid stretch isn’t too impressive. Very mediocre field and a “fresh” Baffert (Muth) is waiting for them in Maryland.

Heading into the first turn I thought Fierceness was in a really good spot. When I saw the times for the first half, I thought he was going to be able to shake free in the turn and run them all off their feet. Bottom line, he just wasn’t good enough.

2:03.3 for a final Derby time with many of the horses backing up and shutting down mid stretch isn’t too impressive. Very mediocre field and a “fresh” Baffert (Muth) is waiting for them in Maryland.
Pretty much agree, no way Mystik Dan is a TC winner

Sierra Leone is an incredibly strong horse. Chad Brown didn't look very happy after the Derby. Wonder if we see this horse with another Jockey for the Belmont

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT