ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Blue Light (Club Blue NIL Beer)

GravyEdge

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2008
Louisville, KY
Hello, friends. As some of you may know, I am the founder of Gravely Brewing in Louisville, KY and have been a member of HOB forever. We even had a subscription (technically, my father's) to the print version of the The Cat's Pause before HOB existed. I was born in Lexington, raised in NKY, went to UK, and have since settled in Louisville. Since starting Gravely in 2017, we've hosted loads of UK watch parties, alumni events, bracket buster fundraisers, and more... YET, I could never figure out a concrete way to tie our product to an effort that supports UK beyond one-time events.

Enter Kentucky Blue Light, a light lager clocking in at 4.3% that's full of flavor while remaining incredibly crisp and refreshing. Designed for tailgating and watching games, I guarantee it's a brew you're going to enjoy. The greatest thing about it is that we did this in collaboration with Club Blue NIL, meaning proceeds from every unit or pour sold are going directly into the NIL. Easy (and rewarding) way to support the cause!

As for Club Blue, they've been a great partner to work with thus far. I feel pretty confidently that Club Blue will eventually become "the" NIL for UK Athletics and hope this co-branded beer and state-wide retail exposure helps solidify that as it's hard to compete in the new age of NIL when there are a half dozen collectives running around diluting the concentration of funds.

The plan was to go live on Monday but, of course, a leak occurred via my distributor and the fans found it and KSR was quick to pounce so today's the day. And some will ask why not a brewery in Lexington, to which I would say it's the University of Kentucky not University of Lexington! Lexington, IMHO, actually has a better craft beer scene than Louisville but I guess my blood is a just smidge bluer than the brewery owners in Lex 😏

PS. During this entire process, I think posting this info on HOB was one of the things I was looking forward to the most! Hope ya dig it! 🍻

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.