ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Arkansas (Friday)

5-1 thanks to a misplay by Jump and an error by Estep. Ground ball double play limited the damage though.

Kentucky is so far behind the rest of the SEC in fan support, production (tv), and obviously product and it’s not even that close.
Absolutely correct. UK is behind in almost every sport but basketball. Thanks to almost zero administration support for anything but the golden basketball program and hiring basketball only AD’s for a long time.

A quick recap for the rest of the conference.

Tennessee 8 South Carolina 1 Top 9

Georgia 11 MS State 0

Auburn leads #1 Ole Miss 7-1

Florida leads Alabama 6-1

Vandy leads Mizzou 11-2

Texas A&M and LSU tied at 2

• Wow
Reactions: Comebakatz3
Neil Price will forever be my favorite, but these guys are great for TV. Biased, but not so much that it's grating.

Our tv guy, Gabriel is the worst. Great guy by all accounts, but his excitement is all over the place and at the wrong times. He gets names wrong and doesn't recognize when there are substitutions. One game he spent the whole game calling our RF Fogler instead of Fogel. He even corrected himself wrongly. Lol
I am not familiar with your man Gabriel. I try to watch all of the Arkansas series, but we play there so rarely, I honestly don't remember him.

That pebbles ad is distracting.

UK runners really play with fire to go on choppers to short. I'm not sure if I like or hate it.

I am not familiar with your man Gabriel. I try to watch all of the Arkansas series, but we play there so rarely, I honestly don't remember him.

If you want to torture yourself you can listen to him on 630 WLAP on iheartradio. Lol

He's not our normal radio guy. Darren Headrick does radio but he's with the women's basketball team. He's solid, former MiLB guy.

A quick recap for the rest of the conference.

Tennessee 8 South Carolina 1 Top 9

Georgia 11 MS State 0

Auburn leads #1 Ole Miss 7-1

Florida leads Alabama 6-1

Vandy leads Mizzou 11-2

Texas A&M and LSU tied at 2

Those are some surprises and big numbers. Auburn in particular.

UK wastes a leadoff double by the 9 hole hitter. Ritter grounds out and Estep and Plastiak strikeout.

Ugh... what is wrong with us!? Lol. Missed a pop up foul ball because Guilfoil ran into Rubalcaba. Only cost us a pitch though.

Another K for Guilfoil. Arky hitters struggling to catch up to his velo.

What a contrast. Noland throwing 80mph curves and Guilfoil throwing 95mph gas. Both effective.

5-1 in the 6th. Jump grounds out to 3rd to start.

Announcers just said that we haven't played anyone in the top 25, then talked about TCU. Did they drop out of the top 25?

That's a good play by Battles there to get Felker who softly grounds one behind the pitching mound.

Announcers just said that we haven't played anyone in the top 25, then talked about TCU. Did they drop out of the top 25?

Haven't looked at all the polls, but they're still ranked in D1Baseball. 21st. They may have just overlooked TCU, or may have looked at the UK schedule expecting it to reflect a rank, and it doesn't.

Guilfoil still dealing. Think I've only noticed one offspeed, a good 82mph curve. 6 strikeouts for him now. Daang

This is the inning to try to get hits. Noland has to be getting a bit tired with 94 pitches...

Did I hear these guys say Anu is now out due to surgery on his hand?

Rubalcaba works a full count walk. Good at bat considering his swing at pitch 1 was super ugly.

Basically a swinging bunt for Thrasher moves him over.

New pitcher for Arkansas as Ritter walks. Runners at 1 and 2 with 1 out. UK down 5-1

Mississippi State might actually just be a terrible team this year. Amazing how bad they've been coming off a natty.

Ohh man... Estep pops out and Plastiak strikes out on a check swing. I'm not sure he went? Would like to see another angle.

That was a full count pitch. Home plate umpire called the swing. So maybe it was clear? Don't think there was a ton of argument.

WTH... UK changing pitchers? Nope. Don't like that. Hudepohl in.

5-1 bottom 7

I'm not sure Plastiak does his fielders many favors.

Huh. They overturn it. Not sure how they decided to do that. Didn't see an angle that was clear, but I'll take it.

Wow and Texas A&M winning against LSU. SEC is brutal.

Stricky showing off a haircut.

Pitching has been good enough in this one. Defense and hitting has failed us so far.

Strickland looked good but gave up a walk..let's see how he does out of the stretch.

Not a great throw by Rubalcaba but he got it there early and in plenty of time to get the out.

What is going on in Birmingham!?!? They have missed both of the replays. One helped UK and one hurt. Both wrong though. This one was as obvious as it could be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT