ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky a playoff sleeper?

I didn't say I "knew" I said one could argue.

That's why I said purely from a talent perspective, not experience, although BV did get snaps last season in a mop up roll and you can't totally discount 2 years of practicing on a national championship team.

The receivers improved considerably in that area as the season progress. Brown and Key are both NFL talents and we have added some 4 star type talent in back of them. There has never been more talent at receiver in the Stoops era that what we have for 2024.

Hamlan was the OC for Boise State last season and called plays.
All points taken. You are correct in one could argue. With the basketball team where it is, I’m a little edgy. Every year I am keeping myself little safer from not getting sucked into the hype machine. I knew after watching spring ball last year we were a 7-8 win team but if you said that on here you were blasted with the coachspeak media gobblers. KSR already put out an article Brown is now serious and can’t be stopped, Dane has followed suit. Fred Farrier will destroy SEC defenses. It did say they are still being encouraged to block more lol. Not all roses. Stoops has also played so conservatively, I’m not sure if we could ever have. THAT TEAM. That takes confidence and aggressiveness. Don’t get me wrong Stoops is still MY GUY. What he has done here is amazing. If he would just turn up the aggression a couple notches.

Chances of this football program being in the 2024 CFB playoff are a helluvalot higher than this schools men's basketball program advancing to the 2025 Sweet 16

Tell me when I'm telling lies

Is there a "good" chance UK is in the 12 team playoff, naw. Is it more than zero? Yeah.

Every year I am keeping myself little safer from not getting sucked into the hype machine.
Yea I think every year both fans and coaches are looking for reasons they can be optimistic about the upcoming season, and it can be easy to get too far over your skis, however the reasons I posted the ARS pieces was first it wasn't from a UK guy it was actually from an LSU guy who has no motive into hyping another team, in fact it could even negatively effect his subscription base that's purple and yellow, and two, he wasn't really hyping he was point to facts regarding things like experience and portal wins.

You’re right it’s still insane competition but the schedule isn’t even as favorable as it could be. It sets up pretty well but our byes are before Vandy and Murray. Ideally those would be before Tenn and one of the other big four.
I take the opposite approach to that. Ideally we should beat Vandy handily, and certainly Murray State, so to me, especially the Murray State game SHOULD be just like a scrimmage where a lot of guys see the field and some get an extended rest. Obviously that won't be the case against Vandy, but I'd rather have that typical after by week klunker against a team we can still beat despite the klunks, rather than against the likes of UT.

Kills me how much the defense has just been garbage the last few years, especially blowing it in the bowl game... what are we missing? Is it coaching? Is it lack of pass rush? Stats that build up against OOC Pattsies and don't hold true against big time opponents don't hold water either.
Last year was some of everything. We were thin at every position but super thin in the secondary, the scheme is conservative to a fault, the whole defense was mostly fresh and sophs last year, injuries, and sub par talent.

In short, it was a total cluster.

He's not predicting anything, he simply is pointing to some facts such as the fact we return 9 starters on defense, replace one of the departed players with an all SEC LB, and how UK has used the portal to reinforce the O-line and RB spots with very talented players. Also how the roster is loaded with juniors and seniors, including one 6 year senior on edge. He points out that teams with a lot of upper class experience usually have very good seasons.

I would go a little higher maybe 15-20 but 10 is fair.
This is year 12 or 13 of Stoops? And we’d have to have a better year than he’s ever had but against probably the hardest schedule? 20% seems very high. Hope I’m wrong I’m just tired of going into the seasons thinking we’re about to take the next step just to be let down.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT