ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne

bUt HeS gOoD wItH bIg MeN!@#$%^&*

Hey low attention span fans, Mark Pope is not going to have a 1950's offense featuring a big man with his back to the basket in the post

Whatever Kenny Payne could do with Demarcus Cousins or Karl Towns doesn't apply to basketball of 2025

Reactions: Fox2monk
bUt HeS gOoD wItH bIg MeN!@#$%^&*

Hey low attention span fans, Mark Pope is not going to have a 1950's offense featuring a big man with his back to the basket in the post

Whatever Kenny Payne could do with Demarcus Cousins or Karl Towns doesn't apply to basketball of 2025
yeah AD and Towns and Bam are struggling in this modern offense

What's everyone's thoughts if Pope brings him on staff? I'm all in with Pope, but I'm not high on this addition. I very well may be wrong, but I just don't like it.
Payne was a great assistant, just not a head coach, if you have notices our defense went to pot when Kenny left and got worse every year after that.

I think they need to find someone in a position to fill that can be a respected voice and good for player-relations. Somehow, someway retain Ulis for this.

Jones says UK and Payne had serious discussions the last 48 hours but Payne decided not to come to UK.

He will be headed to Ark or the NBA

O showing up for work, the others resigned. O showing up and hasn’t been offered a job yet. He just built a new house here

Reactions: flacat22
The Kenny Payne narrative that he was a Big man whisperer & great recruiter is the biggest bunch of crap ever. This guy is a lazy incompetent coach. He was a baby sitter between Cal and 18yr olds at best
He has shown the true KP in his two year stint at Louisville- I am so glad he will not be part of CMP staff

Like the old woody Allen joke “relationships are like a shark it moves forward or dies”. That is how I feel about the coaching roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT