ADVERTISEMENT

Keldon Johnson equals Tim Duncan in Spurs win

I'll never forget the hype train of his athletic abilities before getting to UK and then being dumbfounded by, what I would consider, average athleticism at best. I don't care what his "pro day" measurements say, the eye test told me he was a dime a dozen and not some Zion/Sharpe/Diallo type leaper. He was blocked by a player or by the rim on multiple occasions and got to the point I questioned if he could make it in the league as an undersized forward with average hops. Glad to be eating crow. Happy for him for sure. You could never question his heart.

I'll never forget the hype train of his athletic abilities before getting to UK and then being dumbfounded by, what I would consider, average athleticism at best. I don't care what his "pro day" measurements say, the eye test told me he was a dime a dozen and not some Zion/Sharpe/Diallo type leaper. He was blocked by a player or by the rim on multiple occasions and got to the point I questioned if he could make it in the league as an undersized forward with average hops. Glad to be eating crow. Happy for him for sure. You could never question his heart.
I’m just wondering what Diallo you’re referring to. Surely not Hamidou?

I didn't think KJ would ever correct his shooting enough to succeed long term.

Seems that 2019 team was a lot more talented than I realized at the time. Keldon Johnson, Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, Quickley and Nick Richards have all been far better NBA players than I thought they’d be.

In retrospect, that roster was crazy stacked.

Seems that 2019 team was a lot more talented than I realized at the time. Keldon Johnson, Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, Quickley and Nick Richards have all been far better NBA players than I thought they’d be.

In retrospect, that roster was crazy stacked.
Keldon and Herro were the PERFECT examples of players who come to UK and don't have enough time to flourish as college players before they get drafted on potential, causing fans/critics down the road to say "How did UK not win it with those guys??" only to then see that potential actually realized a year or two later.

Playingg like dynamite early and then he hit a rough spot for about 10-15 games playing like real shit shooting like 25% from 3.
Hopefully he's came out of that

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I thought Keldon was pretty awesome but raw. He was always the one I hoped broke out because he could have led us to a final four and we still almost got there if not for some bad defensive possessions ant the end and FT’s problems like usual. The refs didn’t help keeping it close to come to that though. Some guys are plenty athletic but never look explosive and he’s one of them. Kinda like Manu Ginobili type players. SGA is like that, doesn’t look Elite but is so smooth and crafty he’s a beast.

Yeah, I liked KJ, but there did not seem to be one thing he excelled at. Good not great at shooting, driving, defense, size. Good for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT