ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Keaten and Destin Wade announcing today

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Nobody has ever told me that it's a done deal and I think in a situation like this with a couple of coveted prospects everyone will be holding their breath through the end.

However, the predictions indicate that the recruiting community believes Kentucky is the favorite to land the Wade twins. They're announcing at 5 pm ET at the Summit HS main gym.

As you know the finalists are Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisville and Virginia.

Impressed by how they have handled their recruitment. In spite of the NCAA ban on school hosted visits they've been able to visit the schools they want to see. Have communicated through social media and conventional media throughout the process and have taken some space down for themselves down the stretch here. Seems to have been a pretty mature process which is always a good sign.

As you know, Keaten is an OLB target for Kentucky and Destin is a QB/ATH who gets a shot behind center if he picks UK. OLB is one of Kentucky's biggest recruiting needs. They REALLY need a couple of elite edge rush prospects. It's a question for this year's team and the future until they get a guy or two like him in the pipeline. As for QB, I honestly think they would be taking another if they didn't believe Wade could be a quarterback. Frankly, I think they feel similarly about Destin as a QB as they did about Wimsatt... They aren't far apart as prospects there.

If they pick Kentucky it would arguably be the 'Cats biggest recruiting victory in the Volunteer State since I've been following this. Of course you know about Randall Cobb after the fact, finding Quinton Bohanna, getting Tre'Vonn Rybka... But with the Vols struggling in recruiting to go get a couple of guys like that would be the downstream effect of a power shift within the SEC East pecking order.

The immediate ranking impact: Net 231 points in the Rivals formula. Would push them to the No. 18 class one day before Kiyaunta Goodwin's decision. Only about a dozen other classes would have as many four stars and that's before tomorrow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News