ADVERTISEMENT

Kattus fumble recovery.

Greatest lateral in the history of UK football?

Or was it slightly forward?

If so, Wimsatt went 1 for 1 and a TD!

How ‘bout we call it “Kentucky’s Hail Mary!”

By my counts, we are due more than the amount of life I have left to live in this world and I am not yet 60. We are due, and thensome.

I’m 61 and agree.

In only one season of the 50 I have paid attention to, did I feel that ALL the breaks went our way: 1984.

In New Orleans, Tulane found inventive ways to turn the ball over to us . . . their punt returner fell down on about the 10 yard line, the ball barely grazed him, then shot into the end zone like a rifle bullet, to then come to an abrupt stop mid-end zone where our players fell on it. Paul Calhoun had two lengthy touchdowns at IU as the punter. UT was driving, and within Hail Mary range when their QB decided to heave it OOB’s to stop the clock: the refs thought the game expired during the pass. In our bowl game, Wisconsin lined up for a potential game-winning field goal in the last minute and botched the snap, throwing an incompletion into the end zone, in desperation. And there were other freaky plays that season that helped us go 9-3.

And that’s about it for lucky bounces favoring UK!!

Reactions: blue cincy
That play reminded me of Harry telling Lloyd he totally redeemed himself in dumb and dumber after effing up the whole movie (aka season for K up until that recovery)

Reactions: The-Hack
That play reminded me of Harry telling Lloyd he totally redeemed himself in dumb and dumber after effing up the whole movie (aka season for K up until that recovery)

And to go along with that analogy, I’ve heard from more than one source that Kattus could be seen and/or heard asking “what the Hell just happened,” whilst celebrating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT