ADVERTISEMENT

Kash Daniel update

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Had a quick catch up talk with Kash Daniel last night and the Paintsville linebacker went into greater detail than before regarding his plans. As he has announced, Daniel told me that he will make his choice on August 13. That will allow him to finish the process before his senior season but also affords him the opportunity to visit Louisville, Kentucky, Florida and South Carolina, probably in that order, once the recruiting travel season kicks into gear next month.

Daniel has been to UK and Louisville two times each, I believe. Florida and South Carolina are much newer.

Florida has not offered yet but an offer from the Gators would clearly mean a lot to him. Not saying he'd be a lock for UF if they offer but I do get the impression that it's something he wants. He's hoping they offer while he's down there.

On the positive side of things, he likes how Kentucky has gone about recruiting him and thinks they have struck a good balance between making him feel wanted while also not pressuring or pushing too hard. Daniel does like Kentucky a lot. Honestly, I think it's a much tougher situation to call than many believe. Some are convinced he's going to UK and others are convinced that if he loves South Carolina or Florida offers then he's gone there. I really don't know. If Florida does not offer then I think Kentucky's got a good chance. Even if they do, they still have a good chance.

Reactions: kelrhon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News