ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas officially out for Jaxson?

Still looks like late 2nd round. Do we think he stays in the draft. Surely would make more at UK next year. If he does well, he will do very well post season tour making more $$.

Reactions: ImTheVillageIdiot
Walk on here, KU staff feels good about getting one of:
Robinson
Furphy return
Or actually Javon Small who hasn’t signed with WVU

Could not tell you which is most likely but continue to agree Robinson spending his last year coming off the bench for KU to prepare for the NBA and improve stock is…interesting

Reactions: BlueSince92
Walk on here, KU staff feels good about getting one of:
Robinson
Furphy return
Or actually Javon Small who hasn’t signed with WVU

Could not tell you which is most likely but continue to agree Robinson spending his last year coming off the bench for KU to prepare for the NBA and improve stock is…interesting
Not to be a hater but what NBA wings has self produced? Wiggins is the only one. Obaji and Braun are alright. Robinson going to be a bench player and take a fraction of the shots he would normally gets seems like a bad move

Not to be a hater but what NBA wings has self produced? Wiggins is the only one. Obaji and Braun are alright. Robinson going to be a bench player and take a fraction of the shots he would normally gets seems like a bad move
Don’t forget about Grady Dick and Ben McLemore. But I see a whole lot of busts. Kansas is exactly where to go if you want to prepare yourself to be delivering pizzas in about five years.

I can't see Robinson going to KU as deep as they are. Playing time for who they already have is going to be interesting.
Add DICKinson and his ability to upend a locker room and you have a recipe for turmoil.
KU is deep, no doubt about it. Going to be interesting how Self navigates all those egos.

Playing 9 years and earning 31 mil isn't really a bust.
Embiid hadn't been mentioned. Both Morris Twins are in year 13 in the league.
For sure what he was suppose to be he was a bust, Kentucky has plenty of busts as well. Both of us are gonna be biased. Robinson comes here he is the guy, he goes to Kansas he is the 4th or 5th option

oh Robinson is not ready for the fan reactions at UK or KU. both of our fan bases will doom like crazy with him if he's 42% fg and 35% 3pt with how many shots he takes while there are better shooters around him. Hope if he comes here we have him hire an elite shooting coach to help in the off season. Also bulk him up some so he can take contact attacking the rim to get his 2pt fg % upped

Reactions: Fox2monk
Making more money that the average income in some places. This shit is a clown shown.
It sure is. It's pathetic. You've got them making more than nurses, teachers, firefighters, military, etc. Some people with the ability to make these decisions for the sport have some very screwed up priorities.

Reactions: westerncat
Don't forget how Josh Jackson went.

Transferring from a D1 school to be a redshirt walk-on is…something.

Something is up. Kansas probably figured out another way to cheat in the NIL era. Probably stealing tax payer money to pay every player $3mil. I'd laugh at that thought of that, if I honest to God didn't think Kansas might try to pull something like that.

Rush, Oubre, Henry, Wilson, Gradey all have found homes and had reasonable careers/starts. And McCullar will this year. Definitely no stars—but I couldn’t name many Pope has produced yet either haha. We certainly have not been an NBA pipeline atleast the last several years as I can’t even remember the last consensus top 20 player we have landed aside from Dick in the last 6-7 years.

I don’t think Robinson has the tools to be anything more than a good college player. But if he wants to showcase something new—I’d personally look somewhere away from both Pope and KUs crowded roster and find somewhere he can be THE guy

They may pursue him but he was never in. UK or nba outside shot byu.

I am getting more confident Jaxson Robinson will end up at Kentucky unless Pope runs out of scholarships first. That could happen if Lanier were to commit to Kentucky in the next week and Pope has another plan for ride 13. We could still use another interior scorer in case of injuries and foul trouble. Pope already has enough guards.

It sure is. It's pathetic. You've got them making more than nurses, teachers, firefighters, military, etc. Some people with the ability to make these decisions for the sport have some very screwed up priorities.
While I agree with the sentiment (I’m a public high school teacher), no one would be getting paid any of these salaries if there wasn’t a demand. We’re the demand. Been that way since Ancient Greece. People love to watch other people run fast and jump high.

Rush, Oubre, Henry, Wilson, Gradey all have found homes and had reasonable careers/starts. And McCullar will this year. Definitely no stars—but I couldn’t name many Pope has produced yet either haha. We certainly have not been an NBA pipeline atleast the last several years as I can’t even remember the last consensus top 20 player we have landed aside from Dick in the last 6-7 years.

I don’t think Robinson has the tools to be anything more than a good college player. But if he wants to showcase something new—I’d personally look somewhere away from both Pope and KUs crowded roster and find somewhere he can be THE guy
Fair, I just thought the whole self
Prepares and gets guys to the league thing is funny. Pope hasn’t gotten nba guys it’s a fair argument for sure. Kentucky has a clear starting spot waiting for him, Kansas doesn’t

Last edited:
The rug doctor is always up to something. Whether it is a quick trigger on crisis PR or keeping his players' proclivities under wraps, he always seems to deliver.

I am sure Self is at the bleeding edge in shady dealings to keep player coffers filled to the brim. He's a pioneer of sorts in that arena.

Lanier squeezed in that visit to Tennessee and it might be 2 days instead of 1 like here? Is that correct? That’s what someone said on a Tennessee board.

It’s so difficult to figure things out now because of the influence of agents and NIL.

Lanier squeezed in that visit to Tennessee and it might be 2 days instead of 1 like here? Is that correct? That’s what someone said on a Tennessee board.

It’s so difficult to figure things out now because of the influence of agents and NIL.
He is leaving Wednesday morning so I guess it’s 2 days, I wouldn’t really count tonight as as 2 days, really all 3 visits are 24 hour visits

Something is up. Kansas probably figured out another way to cheat in the NIL era. Probably stealing tax payer money to pay every player $3mil. I'd laugh at that thought of that, if I honest to God didn't think Kansas might try to pull something like that.
The guy averaged 2 points a game. His only option was to walk on some where or go to a small school. I doubt he is getting enough NIL to cover his tuition

Why does it fell like Lanier is going to Tennessee? Almost every update from the people who actually know stuff has been positive for Kentucky.
Because they're nervous about the Tennessee visit.

I'm not sure the order of visits matters. We landed Carr, and his last visit was to Villanova.

We landed Garrison, and he never visited campus. The same is true of Lamont Butler.

Tennessee is only an hour and a half to two hours from Lanier's family. I don't think they're going out of their way at all to visit UTK. It's right down the road.

If I was a UT coach or fan, I'd be terrified of Kentucky right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT