All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Kailua, Hawaii
Kahlil Whitney wastes no time showing how he feels about UK scholarship offer
whitney-.jpeg

Kahlil Whitney

By LARRY VAUGHT

Five-star small forward Kahlil Whitney didn’t need long after getting a scholarship offer from Kentucky coach John Calipari on Friday to show just how interested he is in the Wildcats.

The 6-6, 190-pound forward from Roslle, N.J. is a top 20 player in the 2019 recruiting class.

ESPN recruiting director Paul Biancardi reported Monday that Whitney will take an official visit to Kentucky Aug. 3-5. Whitney’s father, Kelly, told Biancardi about the visit.

Biancardi noted on Twitter that Whitney has “terrific measurables and skills” with a 7-foot wingspan and 40-inch vertical jump.

“Major versatility in his game,” Biancardi tweeted.

Illinois has been the leader for Whitney but he had made his love for UK clear and now it seems Calipari feels the same way about Whitney.

Whitney also has offers from Syracuse, Louisville and Georgetown.

I hope we get this young man !!!

AlohaCat

Really liked the highlights of this kid. Explosive athleticism, nice form on his 3 point shot. I hope he's a cat.

Reactions: TM2013
Maybe Vaught was referring to this old article?

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/p...shman-kahlil-whitney-has-potential-star-power

High School Hoops Notebook: Freshman Kahlil Whitney has potential star power

May 09, 2016 6:15 PM

"Recruiting will certainly pick up for Whitney over the next few seasons as college coaches start to place more of a priority on rising sophomore prospects this summer. Although Whitney has already earned some interest from some great programs, he already has a dream school in mind.

"I want to go to Kentucky," Whitney said. "I hope to get an offer from them if I blow up [this summer].

"I like Coach Calipari. He's a great coach. You can display your talent at the highest level and I just love the atmosphere there for games."

Maybe Vaught was referring to this old article?

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/p...shman-kahlil-whitney-has-potential-star-power

High School Hoops Notebook: Freshman Kahlil Whitney has potential star power

May 09, 2016 6:15 PM

"Recruiting will certainly pick up for Whitney over the next few seasons as college coaches start to place more of a priority on rising sophomore prospects this summer. Although Whitney has already earned some interest from some great programs, he already has a dream school in mind.

"I want to go to Kentucky," Whitney said. "I hope to get an offer from them if I blow up [this summer].

"I like Coach Calipari. He's a great coach. You can display your talent at the highest level and I just love the atmosphere there for games."
I really hope he follows through with what he says and is not just giving us lip service. If cal does offer on his visit, and he doesn’t commit on the spot, then I’ll be pissed. He’s like the 3rd kid in this class that’s a top player to sat Kentucky is my dream school. If that’s the case end your recruiting the second you get that offer.

I really hope he follows through with what he says and is not just giving us lip service. If cal does offer on his visit, and he doesn’t commit on the spot, then I’ll be pissed. He’s like the 3rd kid in this class that’s a top player to sat Kentucky is my dream school. If that’s the case end your recruiting the second you get that offer.
He’s already got the offer

Reactions: Cindog28
??

He’s already got the offer

I was confusing him with Allen who hasn’t been offered yet. Thanks for clearing that up. I just hope he commits on his visit here, if we are indeed his dream school. Those quotes are pretty strong. I had no idea Stanford had offered him. On a side note, im sure he’s going to have a tough time telling Illinois state thanks but no thanks

I was confusing him with Allen who hasn’t been offered yet. Thanks for clearing that up. I just hope he commits on his visit here, if we are indeed his dream school. Those quotes are pretty strong. I had no idea Stanford had offered him. On a side note, im sure he’s going to have a tough time telling Illinois state thanks but no thanks
I don’t think he’ll have that hard a time telling Illinois no I’m going to UK

Does anyone not think he isn't the 3rd commit to this class. So we just need a 2nd SF , a 2nd guard , Wiseman , and 2 more bigs to round out this monster class . I bet by the Duke game in November we have 5 of the guys in this class at least. Then we wait and see who will stay and go as this class could need to be as big as 9 guys and as small as 6.

Does anyone not think he isn't the 3rd commit to this class. So we just need a 2nd SF , a 2nd guard , Wiseman , and 2 more bigs to round out this monster class . I bet by the Duke game in November we have 5 of the guys in this class at least. Then we wait and see who will stay and go as this class could need to be as big as 9 guys and as small as 6.
I believe at this point he is a lock to Kentucky,but who knows what the future brings with recruits.

I really hope he follows through with what he says and is not just giving us lip service. If cal does offer on his visit, and he doesn’t commit on the spot, then I’ll be pissed. He’s like the 3rd kid in this class that’s a top player to say Kentucky is my dream school. If that’s the case end your recruiting the second you get that offer.
I don't think Justus/Calipari will be "pissed" if he doesn't commit on his visit (August 3-5th), but they appear to be putting more time into kids who want to be at UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: will1976
OT: which island are you on @HICATFAN ? I’m visiting Maui this week.

I’m on Oahu....but gossie I’m heading to Portland tomorrow to celebrate my son’s marriage and then to East Kentucky to see my Mama!!!

Have a great trip...check out Haleakala before the sun come up (take something warm to wear)...it’s quite the experience.

AlohaCat

I’m on Oahu....but gossie I’m heading to Portland tomorrow to celebrate my son’s marriage and then to East Kentucky to see my Mama!!!

Have a great trip...check out Haleakala before the sun come up (take something warm to wear)...it’s quite the experience.

AlohaCat

Bad news. Turns out I'm dying. I've got less than a year, and all my young kids want is one trip to Hawaii with their dad. If only we knew someone with a good heart and giving spirit that lives in that area to allow us the chance at the dream.

If not the bass pond will have to do.

Reactions: HICATFAN
Whitney and Mac Irvin beat Seattle Rotary and Oakland Soldiers today in Vegas.

Whitney had 2 double doubles and in last game against Solders had 28 and 12. Had solid game against Jaden McDaniels and those 2 got into it which delayed the game a bit, but all competitive stuff.

Said it last year when friend passed it along but Cal/UK staff was tired of players who weren't accountable about effort. Shots will be missed, and other teams have talented guys,, but coaching effort is draining and the move to alpha types is #1 priority....and in Maxey and Whitney you have that.

Reactions: Cindog28
Bad news. Turns out I'm dying. I've got less than a year, and all my young kids want is one trip to Hawaii with their dad. If only we knew someone with a good heart and giving spirit that lives in that area to allow us the chance at the dream.

If not the bass pond will have to do.

Can you hang on Margo until I get the house remodel finished... @TheKentuckyKid said he would come back to help....but you know how that goes...:joy:

AlohaCat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT