ADVERTISEMENT

Kaepernick finds a way to stay in the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking about protesting at work and assumed a private employer.

Yes, and the protection against the government still applies if the protest is at work, which is what BlueBomb was referring to. BlueBomb even acknowledged that he 'paid for it,' in what I assume was reference to the fact that he was basically blackballed from his profession.

Basically, you're both right. I don't think there should be much of an argument on this. lol

Reactions: BlueBomb
Yes, and the protection against the government still applies if the protest is at work, which is what BlueBomb was referring to. BlueBomb even acknowledged that he 'paid for it,' in what I assume was reference to the fact that he was basically blackballed from his profession.

Basically, you're both right. I don't think there should be much of an argument on this. lol
The government has nothing to do with it. I specifically said "There is absolutely not a protection on protesting while on the clock for an employer". Everyone over the age of 6 knows the government can't control peaceful protests. That has nothing to do with my point. If that is his point, I'm back to his having reading comprehension issues.

We continue to go down the endless rathole of outrage due to idiots like you. It was not a flag of slavery, it was just the flag at that time. I tried to base it on your own criteria and you just aren't bright enough to get it. Today's flag was flown during Jim Crow so why is it not similarly problematic?
Ohh, sweet Lord, do you honestly not understand the differences in Slavery and segregation? If not, please educate yourself. Also, maybe look up when Jim Crow started while you are at it.

It was a flag that represented a country who practiced and promoted slavery. It was a country literally existing and succeeding because of slaves. The flag represented all of that. I'm sorry that is a hard thing for you to comprehend, but it is fact regardless.

Question: what ethnicity are you?

Reactions: BlueCatNation
NO.
Handle the truth..could make you a better citizen..
Fair enough. I’m of the opinion everyone here is a full grown adult and isn’t going to change their mind based on a message board exchange from a random stranger but to each his own.

Yes. All speech (except hate) is protected. And protests are also protected as long as they meet local ordinance provisions, usually for location. But the NFL could've chosen to say they no longer would allow protests during games. That would be their right as the "employer." They could've cancelled the contract (fired) anyone who went against that policy. Of course, the bad PR that wouldn't have ensued would not be worth doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comebakatz3
I wonder if E Kanter agrees. Maybe he enjoys the protection under the American flag.

The government has nothing to do with it. I specifically said "There is absolutely not a protection on protesting while on the clock for an employer". Everyone over the age of 6 knows the government can't control peaceful protests. That has nothing to do with my point. If that is his point, I'm back to his having reading comprehension issues.

BlueBomb stated that he has a protected right to protest. That is true. You then qualified that by saying, "There is absolutely not a protection on protesting while on the clock for an employer." That is also true, but is also to be qualified. There is still a protection on protesting while on the clock. It might not be a protection from your employer, but it still exists.

So, again... you are both still right. I was merely clarifying it further to show that you were/are both right.

As I said it was after the fact. The nfl black balled Kaepernick. It had nothing to do with why he wasn’t already in the NFL. Your analogy is faulty. Yes if I were being black balled by my employer you better believe I’d speak my mind and I’d expect to get another job. That’s shit is illegal lol

If black balled is not doing what your employer asks you not to do then , yea.
NFL was uneasy about their PR with the fans, people have been fired for less.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It seems very sour of you to tell a man what he can and cannot say in the country I fight for to keep that right. I imagine you have that anti-American confederate flag flying in your front yard as well.
First....Betsy Ross is a hell of a lot more important than a "spoiled" RICH brat. He has every right to say what he wants , but Nike should not be kow-towing to his every little whim. It's a disgrace to the management of that company . As a veteran also, I will NEVER buy another Nike product again. My choice. The man is a disgrace to a country that has provided him the opportunity with the life style he has lived.

If black balled is not doing what your employer asks you not to do then , yea.
NFL was uneasy about their PR with the fans, people have been fired for less.
Uneasy about their PR with the fans lmao, and what rule did he not follow? They didn’t even make a complete ruling on kneeling until the following season.

BlueBomb stated that he has a protected right to protest. That is true. You then qualified that by saying, "There is absolutely not a protection on protesting while on the clock for an employer." That is also true, but is also to be qualified. There is still a protection on protesting while on the clock. It might not be a protection from your employer, but it still exists.

So, again... you are both still right. I was merely clarifying it further to show that you were/are both right.
No, he isn't right. The government was never in the conversation.

First....Betsy Ross is a hell of a lot more important than a "spoiled" RICH brat. He has every right to say what he wants , but Nike should not be kow-towing to his every little whim. It's a disgrace to the management of that company . As a veteran also, I will NEVER buy another Nike product again. My choice. The man is a disgrace to a country that has provided him the opportunity with the life style he has lived.
As a veteran lmao....you’ll be alright bud and I’m sure nike will be fine without you buying your 50$ air monarchs every 3 years

As I said it was after the fact. The nfl black balled Kaepernick. It had nothing to do with why he wasn’t already in the NFL. Your analogy is faulty. Yes if I were being black balled by my employer you better believe I’d speak my mind and I’d expect to get another job. That’s shit is illegal lol[/QU
As a veteran lmao....you’ll be alright bud and I’m sure nike will be fine without you buying your 50$ air monarchs every 3 years

Are you ok with him praising Castro?

Ok one more.

I just love how generation soft bigotry will forgo all logic and data to entertain False ideas and position for the sake of appearing moderate and tolerant.

God, please speed this process up. Let us jump to year 3,000 and maybe by then we’ve moved passed this nonsense.

Until some of you spend time in the inner city trying to unwash disadvantaged youth from thinking their life is pointless because everyone is trying to destroy them, stfu.

Now I’m done.
How many times can you say your done the post a reply. Thin skin I think.

Reactions: morgousky
It was a flag that represented a country during a time when they were slavers and advocated for the practice. Having an item from that time period that has no correlation to representing a pro slavery nation is quite a bit different from promoting a flag from that period on apparel today. Particularly when a large portion of the client base who would be purchasing that are the descendants of the very people enslaved. It's really not that hard to comprehend if you actually try thinking about.

Maybe you need to go back and re-read my post, and then we'll see who comprehends what. Yes, I'm not an idiot, so I understand that it was offensive to CK which is why it was removed from the shoe. My question is why is it really that offensive unless you are just looking for reasons to be offended.

This is mind-numbingly ignorant.

Trump was right, the leftists/commies won't stop until Thomas Jefferson and every other founding father is "eradicated" from the history books.

That's why appeasement never works with these race hustlers. Their very livelihood depends on finding new things to be aggrieved by. Tear down every single Confederate monument? Not good enough. Move that goalpost 10 more yards and keep agitating.

This is 100% correct. My point is where does it stop? Jefferson owned slaves, but does that mean everything good that he did should be forgotten? Can we separate accomplishments from ideologies? Am I allowed to think Charles Dickens is one of the finest writers in history even though he ruthlessly beat his wife?

Why? Because by answering it you are going to have to admit your own hyposcrisy and ignorance?

Again, how so? The American flag today did not represent the US during slave years. No one is arguing todays version of the US flag supports or promotes slavery.

It did have a direct correlation. It was the flag of a country who supported and promoted slavery. It represented a country that was built and maintained off work of slavery. I'm not sure how much more direct it could by, unless of course you just don't want to see or accept it.

Come on, dude, that's a weak argument, and you know it. You said yourself that not everyone of the founding fathers was pro-slavery, so you're contradicting yourself. Did that flag not also represent Alexander Hamilton?

The point is where does it end. The White House was built in the early 19th century and was used for years as a symbol of "pro-slavery America". Do we need to burn that down because people are offended by it?

What's funny is that I'm registered Democrat because I'm not "all-in" on the conservative side of some issues, but I can feel myself being pushed more to the right everyday because I'm fed up with the far left idiots in this country.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls

If an employer wants an employee to refrain from making political statements while on the job it can do it. I saw a man fired for having a political candidate's bumper sticker on a company car. And his boss supported the candidate. Of course he could put it on his personal car but not a company car he took home at night and had custody of 24 hours a day. The employer has a right to set guidelines when it comes to political statements, vulgar speech and a host of other things they do not want mixed with their product or company standards. You can put F Trump on your car but try putting it on a delivery truck that is owned by a company. The employer can allow it or he can fire you over it. You as an employee do not make that decision. The company sets the guidelines.

Nike supports Kap and in turn they support his politics and his feelings about our country and the authority in the country. That is fine and protected because it is their company.. We as consumers have the right to not buy their products. Freedom works both way. Nike is free to be anti-American and disrespect the flag through their representatives and we have the freedom to buy clothing made by another company.

So now the entire worlds knows how Nike feels about our nation, our heritage and our culture. They probably don't understand the flag they are condemning and banning. I doubt that Kap knows anything about Betsy Ross. Who she was or what she did. But it is what it is. I will fly this flag on July 4th

66037776_10158646447304816_3351489145733120000_n.jpg

Reactions: morgousky
No, he isn't right. The government was never in the conversation.

Oh my god. Technically, the employer was also never in the conversation until you brought it into it.

I believe that when BlueBomb stated that the man has a protected right to protest, he was referring to the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution, which protects Kap, and all persons within the jurisdiction of the United States, from government action against his right to free speech and peaceful protest. You then qualified this by saying that his free speech was not protected while at work. Again, this is true as it pertains to his employer, but his free speech is still protected from the government, which is what was being referred to in the first place.

BlueBomb at no point said, or even implied, that Kap was free from any and all consequences and could say whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. In fact, in his original discussion he, as I mentioned, acknowledged that Kap did face consequences, seemingly from his employer (and maybe among others) for his actions/words.

So, again... you are both right. I still don't understand why you're fighting this so hard given that all I did was to attempt to clear up the misunderstanding and to clarify both of your positions as being correct.

If an employer wants an employee to refrain from making political statements while on the job it can do it. I saw a man fired for having a political candidate's bumper sticker on a company car. And his boss supported the candidate. Of course he could put it on his personal car but not a company car he took home at night and had custody of 24 hours a day. The employer has a right to set guidelines when it comes to political statements, vulgar speech and a host of other things they do not want mixed with their product or company standards. You can put F Trump on your car but try putting it on a delivery truck that is owned by a company. The employer can allow it or he can fire you over it. You as an employee do not make that decision. The company sets the guidelines.

Nike supports Kap and in turn they support his politics and his feelings about our country and the authority in the country. That is fine and protected because it is their company.. We as consumers have the right to not buy their products. Freedom works both way. Nike is free to be anti-American and disrespect the flag through their representatives and we have the freedom to buy clothing made by another company.

So now the entire worlds knows how Nike feels about our nation, our heritage and our culture. They probably don't understand the flag they are condemning and banning. I doubt that Kap knows anything about Betsy Ross. Who she was or what she did. But it is what it is. I will fly this flag on July 4th

66037776_10158646447304816_3351489145733120000_n.jpg

None of this is adverse to what I have said.

However, interesting fun fact... there is no corroborating historical evidence that Betsy Ross created the aforementioned flag or any flag.

https://www.history.org/foundation/journal/summer08/betsy.cfm

Maybe you need to go back and re-read my post, and then we'll see who comprehends what. Yes, I'm not an idiot, so I understand that it was offensive to CK which is why it was removed from the shoe. My question is why is it really that offensive unless you are just looking for reasons to be offended.

This is 100% correct. My point is where does it stop? Jefferson owned slaves, but does that mean everything good that he did should be forgotten? Can we separate accomplishments from ideologies? Am I allowed to think Charles Dickens is one of the finest writers in history even though he ruthlessly beat his wife?

Come on, dude, that's a weak argument, and you know it. You said yourself that not everyone of the founding fathers was pro-slavery, so you're contradicting yourself. Did that flag not also represent Alexander Hamilton?

The point is where does it end. The White House was built in the early 19th century and was used for years as a symbol of "pro-slavery America". Do we need to burn that down because people are offended by it?

What's funny is that I'm registered Democrat because I'm not "all-in" on the conservative side of some issues, but I can feel myself being pushed more to the right everyday because I'm fed up with the far left idiots in this country.
So you think you understand why it is offensive to CJ, but then you ask why it is really that offensive. Doesn't sound like you actually understand at all. It's offensive because it was a symbol that represented a country that allowed and supported slavery against African Americans. While the current version has existed during some controversial times of its own, it still did not represent our country during a time we treated fellow humans as literal property simply because of skin color. If you aren't black there is a very good chance you just simply won't understand it.

How am I contradicting myself, the flag did not represent individuals, it represented a country that allowed and supported slavery.

We should rebuild the white house because it sucks and is in pretty bad shape, however, Nike is not putting it on the backs of shoes to sell to customers.

What issues are honestly pushing you to the right?

Reactions: BlueCatNation
If this cat was any good he would have been signed. His career was fading so he took a knee to become relevant. And now he was being mistreated. Idiotic.
His career was fading lol? He had 2200 yards 16 TDs to 4 Ints while rushing for 500 yard sales in 11 games and a 90 QB rating. That is not fading. Those are top half of the league numbers.

I really wish UK would disassociate itself from Nike. There were a million reasons to do so before this crap started. Other shoes are simply better products, Nike has been instrumental in pushing athletes away from us and to other schools, Phil Knight's belief that he should be able to run the schools that wear his crap, etc. But this stuff is crossing the line. Identifying the American flag as offensive is not un-American, it is actively anti-American.

This incident also exposes this kneeling crap for the BS it always was. They are not protesting our flag because of police shootings, they are protesting America itself.

I really wish UK would disassociate itself from Nike. There were a million reasons to do so before this crap started. Other shoes are simply better products, Nike has been instrumental in pushing athletes away from us and to other schools, Phil Knight's belief that he should be able to run the schools that wear his crap, etc. But this stuff is crossing the line. Identifying the American flag as offensive is not un-American, it is actively anti-American.

This incident also exposes this kneeling crap for the BS it always was. They are not protesting our flag because of police shootings, they are protesting America itself.

But Adidas makes some God awful uniforms.
adidas-camo-uniforms-022813jpg-828961bd7fa8304a.jpg

Being good at sports doesn't make you smart or your opinion matter or be right.

Being ______________ doesn’t make you smart or your opinion matter.

Y’all have a weird obsession with silencing athletes. You’re probably a plumber or an electrician or something. Your opinion on politics/societal issues matters exactly as much as Kaepernick’s and Karl Towns’.

That seems to anger a lot of you.

Reactions: SuporChin
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT