ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards: 2 points, 2 rebounds, 23 minutes.

If boos start happening when Edwards comes in the boos will be for Cal. I hope when it happens, because it will if Cal continues the same way, that the young man knows it's not personal against him.

We've been snakebit with the last few "elite" small forwards. Edwards, Whitney, Boston, Livingston.

It's really bizarre at this point. I thought Edwards would be really good. I think we all did. It's absolutely mind boggling how far he's plummeted in terms of draft stock.
After Livingston I’ve stopped believing in any highly rated wings we sign out of HS. They all almost have the same issue too lack of skill

Klutch will make sure he gets drafted in the late second round, just like Livingston, but it's been hard to watch. I feel bad for the kid. Calipari keeps putting him out there as his choice for the spelling bee, and the kid keeps spelling the same words wrong.

It's becoming embarrassing and I kind of pity the kid at this point.
You're giving Klutch too much credit. Why spend a 2nd round pick on a guy who shows so little in both athleticism and skills and motor when you can pick a Euro who just signed a contract and will be available 2-3 years down the road that has already shown talent?

He will not get drafted and will not make a G League roster(for long). If he decides to turn pro maybe he should give Dakari Johnson a call...

If boos start happening when Edwards comes in the boos will be for Cal. I hope when it happens, because it will if Cal continues the same way, that the young man knows it's not personal against him.
I said this before, I actually feel bad for Justin Edwards here. Cal is not doing him any favors by continuing to put him out there.

Reactions: TFCats11
That’s a distinction without a difference for the player. I hope we don’t have that sort of human scum our fanbase but I don’t know.

You're giving Klutch too much credit. Why spend a 2nd round pick on a guy who shows so little in both athleticism and skills and motor when you can pick a Euro who just signed a contract and will be available 2-3 years down the road that has already shown talent?

He will not get drafted and will not make a G League roster(for long). If he decides to turn pro maybe he should give Dakari Johnson a call...
Chris Livingston was drafted because of Klutch. I give credit where it is due. Late 2nd round picks are non-contractual and virtually legally meaningless.

Late 2nd round picks are non-contractual and virtually legally meaningless.
And that is part of why they are not worthless to the team that has them. They might use one to favor one prospect over another prospect because of other factors like Klutch but they're not going to use one to draft a player they're sure will never provide them any value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT