ADVERTISEMENT

Just Spent 2 Thousand Dollars For One Losing Game Against Vandy in SEC Tournament. Please Hear Me Out!

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
I just got back from Nashville from 3 Night Hotel Stay. Also spent Money On 2 Tourney Books as well as well as expensive meals out and over priced beers and drinks at the Bars on Broadway. The money I spent is not the point I want to make.
My point is this. I am a 72 year old dyed in the wool UK fan and have been since a small boy. My parents were of course also dyed in the wool blue as well.
I am just as upset with the direction of our program the last couple of years as many of the other very discouraged Big Blue Nation fans. I could say screw it and say UK has no chance to advance and be completely negative.
This one last time I implore all UK fans to get behind this team. We got to the Final Four playing number one over all seed Wichita State several years ago as an 8 seat. We have a 6 seed now with two very winnable games to get to the sweet sixteen should we play up to our potential.
I feel like we really do have a great chance to make some noise but we just need to stay behind our team and support them until we no longer have any reason to cheer them on any more. Go Cats!

Not really sure what fans can do at this point? Fans showed up in the ooc, road games, Rupp, SEC Tournament, and I’m sure will show up for the first round game. UK fans will always show up somehow.

It’s up to the staff and players.

I just got back from Nashville from 3 Night Hotel Stay. Also spent Money On 2 Tourney Books as well as well as expensive meals out and over priced beers and drinks at the Bars on Broadway. The money I spent is not the point I want to make.
My point is this. I am a 72 year old dyed in the wool UK fan and have been since a small boy. My parents were of course also dyed in the wool blue as well.
I am just as upset with the direction of our program the last couple of years as many of the other very discouraged Big Blue Nation fans. I could say screw it and say UK has no chance to advance and be completely negative.
This one last time I implore all UK fans to get behind this team. We got to the Final Four playing number one over all seed Wichita State several years ago as an 8 seat. We have a 6 seed now with two very winnable games to get to the sweet sixteen should we play up to our potential.
I feel like we really do have a great chance to make some noise but we just need to stay behind our team and support them until we no longer have any reason to cheer them on any more. Go Cats!

Would you send me $250 to cover a decent hotel in Greensboro?

I’m with the OP. Except we spent more than that. I still love the experience of the SEC tourney. It’s much better when we win though.

I’ll be there next year.

As for this season, I too think we can go on a run. First because we get away from SEC officials.

Second, these opponents haven’t experienced playing against Oscar before. SEC players know how to play Oscar and they get to do it with SEC officials.

Cal loosens up a bit once we get in the tourney.

We were playing as well as anyone for a month. We took a couple steps back.

It’s time to turn that around.

Go Cats!!

That is a lot of money, whether we win the SEC tourney or lose first game. People know going in its a possibility though and sadly a lot higher one lately

I would not waste the time or $ to go watch them if they played in Louisville & I am only 30 miles away from Louisville, I will not support the 2 faced used car salesman at all. His total disrespect for the fans, the tradition is unacceptable. So is his blowing off his job duties with after game shows & his weekly radio show. If he had a boss, that wasn't a total idiot & gave him a life time contract, he should have been fired.
this is coming from someone that still has all of the games UK won when Pitino was coach on vhs tapes.
ccc has destroyed the traditiion, the program and the fan base

I go to support UK. But I get where you’re coming from. My hatred for Tubby was more than I could stand to pay. So I quit going to the SEC tourney while he was the coach.

I still wanted us to win every game. I just did it from afar.

It's a double edge sword supporting Cow. You hope he gets the players to perform. But sometimes it's like they are just going through the motions...can't wait for the season to end so they can get to the draft. I'll be rooting on the blue in Greenspan

I go to support UK. But I get where you’re coming from. My hatred for Tubby was more than I could stand to pay. So I quit going to the SEC tourney while he was the coach.

I still wanted us to win every game. I just did it from afar.
Why did you hate tubby but support this coach? Makes no sense.

I felt bad for the folks who ponied up to go down there over the weekend. Pisses me off that Cal doesn't take the tournament seriously. It's disgraceful.

Reactions: john4uk
For your sake, I hope UK goes on a fantastic run this season.
I"m with you 100%, it's not the team but the lack of coaching with the head coach and his tribe of assistants that upset so many. You want to believe that the Cats will win, but deep down you are conditioned to feel they will lose. It's the mindset and performance of the coach and his staff and their past performance that leaves many feeling this way. If the team that showed up for the Auburn and Arkansas game shows up there will be joy throughout the commonwealth and let's hope this is the team we get to see Friday and Sunday.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Not really sure what fans can do at this point? Fans showed up in the ooc, road games, Rupp, SEC Tournament, and I’m sure will show up for the first round game. UK fans will always show up somehow.

It’s up to the staff and players.
Fans have always done their jobs, game after game and year after year! It's going to be up to players to dig deep from here on out, as the lack of preparation, development, and coaching adjustments can't, or won't, be fixed.

After the tournament, the powers that be will need to determine how we can move forward as a traditional college basketball power. An intervention has to be made at the end of the season where there is a re-communication of the expectations of the position and a questioning of Cal as to whether he wants to do the work necessary to get there! Lots of things can be done to make Cal's continued existence in Kentucky miserable if he just wants to continue cashing checks and doing a minimum of work.

I would not waste the time or $ to go watch them if they played in Louisville & I am only 30 miles away from Louisville, I will not support the 2 faced used car salesman at all. His total disrespect for the fans, the tradition is unacceptable. So is his blowing off his job duties with after game shows & his weekly radio show. If he had a boss, that wasn't a total idiot & gave him a life time contract, he should have been fired.
this is coming from someone that still has all of the games UK won when Pitino was coach on vhs tapes.
ccc has destroyed the traditiion, the program and the fan base

I have the tape of Pitino giving Rupp the bird. Hell of a lot of respect from him too.

Cal has underachieved the past 3 seasons, no doubt. Disrespecting fans is in the eye of the beholder. I don't feel disrespected. The tradition? Hell, there hasn't been a coach at UK who has honored UK's tradition more than Cal himself. Pitino went to Louisville. Cal folded up a program to honor Joe B and they were close until the end.

I get your anger regarding results, but the rest, not so much.

P.S. I 100% agree on the media obligation. It is lazy as hell.

I’m with the OP. Except we spent more than that. I still love the experience of the SEC tourney. It’s much better when we win though.

I’ll be there next year.

As for this season, I too think we can go on a run. First because we get away from SEC officials.

Second, these opponents haven’t experienced playing against Oscar before. SEC players know how to play Oscar and they get to do it with SEC officials.

Cal loosens up a bit once we get in the tourney.

We were playing as well as anyone for a month. We took a couple steps back.

It’s time to turn that around.

Go Cats!!
Cal used to loosen up a bit in the tourney, did you see him last year. He was a heart attack walking and even before the game he wasn’t very positive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT