ADVERTISEMENT

Just read articles where Cronin (UCLA) and Woodson (INDIANA) Threw players under the bus after losses.

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Basically took no responsibility at all for themselves on how the team or the players performed.
Woodson said his two guards were 'awful tonight'
For whatever you think about Cal he does not throw players under the bus.
Cronin was quoted as saying 'You can't call your Mommy, she can't help you'. Sounds like guys you would want to play for.

Basically took no responsibility at all for themselves on how the team or the players performed.
Cronin was quoted as saying 'You can't call your Mommy, she can't help you'. Sounds like guys you would want to play for.
Just a poor excuse for a coach, the coach is the only paid members of the team, it is the head coaches job to prepare and coach his team, thus the coach should shoulder all responsibility when it comes to a loss. Those who throw players under the buses are just selfish jerks.

Somewhat amusing that a poster who chose the “Uncle Adolph” Rupp name would take such offense at those fairly innocuous comments.

Those old school coaches were 100 times more blunt about such things. This idea that players are delicate flowers who should be protected from such coach criticism is a relatively new thing.

Last edited:
Did they just unfreeze you? It’s 2024. The kids are paid too now.
They’re now paid quite well …and they’re also not really “kids” (even though we like to use that word). They are all adults, most in their early 20s.

We don’t act like folks that age are in need of special protection when we send them off to fight wars …so why do it when they’re getting paid to play a game?

What should you say when your guards are awful? Generation participantion trophy.

Last edited:
That probably means that one of his players talked to his parents about something and pissed Cronin off.

And actually Cal HAS dogged a player or two in his post-game press conferences.
I’ve never heard Cal dog a player and I listen to most of the post game shows.

Exactly who and what did he say?

Cronin doesn't have to duck when he's under the bus. He probably just wanted someone to talk to.

That probably means that one of his players talked to his parents about something and pissed Cronin off.

And actually Cal HAS dogged a player or two in his post-game press conferences.
There's a difference in saying someone has to be better at a certain part of the game and saying they're awful.

I’ve never heard Cal dog a player and I listen to most of the post game shows.

Exactly who and what did he say?
He hasn't. Some of our fans hear one thing and can't understand what is actually being said. They've struggled with this since cal arrived

Where’s a picture of Cronin on the back of Master Blaster in Mad Max Beyond the Thinderdome? Where is that cat guy who can create that?

go through military basic training. Tell us if anyone was “thrown under the bus”. Lol

Cronin is a turd.

I’ve hated that guy for years. I cringe when someone even mentioned his name in the Calipari hot seat comments last season. I’d keep Calipari 100% over Cronin, and I’m definitely someone who thinks Calipari isn’t good for UK basketball unless some things change. But Cronin? No. He’s always had little man syndrome and he’s a total piece of sht. His personality wouldn’t work here even if it created peace in the Middle East.

The two names that drive me insane when people mention Calipari’s replacement; Cronin, and when they would float Kenny Payne. Anyone who thought Kenny Payne could have taken over for Calipari knows nothing about the game. Easy to see early on even at UK that Payne wasn’t a head coach much less UK.

Back to Cronin, Calipari absolutely loathes him too. There’s no chance he would sit back and happily watch Cronin have his seat. Nothing quite admits “we’re a has been program” like UCLA hiring Cronin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT