ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Just a few FB recruiting names to watch

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com

While Jeremiah Collins is committed to Louisville and has connections there that made it very unsurprising when he made that commitment, I had one person reach out to me this week and say they heard Vince Marrow had been in contact with him. Don't know if that means it's a hard push to get back involved/make another go at him or if he's playing the long game and hanging around just in case. But interesting that some communication seems to be ongoing.

Kentucky already has safety Ty Bryant on board with a number of other known and established defensive back targets. Another that UK is in touch with is Zachary Tobe, a three-star from Florida. He told me this week that Kentucky is one of the schools he wants to try to visit during the summer. He's been to Tennessee, UNC, and Duke so far recently but UK has definitely been in contact and he's eager to check it out. Nothing imminent but a solid prospect who seems to have legit interest. UK is one of maybe 8-10 schools really involved right now.

Ja'Keem Jackson from Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola is another DB of interest for Kentucky and he's got an offer. Chris Collins is handling his recruitment and when I spoke with Jackson this week he indicated that Collins has built a really strong relationship with him. He has not been to Kentucky before but if I had to guess I'd say that would be one of the schools high on his wish list. Might need to camp but could be willing to do that. He's at the airport en route to Tennessee right now and has offers from Iowa State, Oregon State, Kentucky, GT, and Boston College from the Power Five level.

Jackson told me this week that Tennessee, Kentucky, USF, Georgia Tech, and Syracuse are recruiting him the hardest.

"I have a good relationship with Coach Collins. We connect at least two times a week," Jackson said.

Rivals.com analyst Clint Cosgrove has named Ohio tight end Tayvion Galloway as one of five "potential five-stars" in the Midwest from the 2024 class. The odds of anybody becoming a five-star are very slim because only 25 or so are handed out each year, but just to be mentioned in that context is a huge compliment for Galloway.

He was at Kentucky yesterday. Full update coming soon. But here's what Cosgrove said about him in case you're curious as to what the buzz is all about...

"...after a recent in-person evaluation I had no choice but to put him on the list. The odds that I am referring to are based off of Galloway's position value and current ranking. When it comes to the value of a TE in terms of rankings, you just don't see a lot of five-star players at the position. In fact, there hasn't been a five-star TE since the 2020 class when both Arik Gilbert and Darnell Washington were awarded the coveted status. The second hurdle for Galloway is his current ranking. Although the 2024 rankings won't be finalized for almost two years, the averages say that he would have to leap around 215 players to become a five-star. I wouldn't put it past Galloway however, as he is an elite talent with a ton of versatility. Galloway is one of few TE's in the 2024 class that have both the size and athleticism to lineup as an in-line guy, or split out as a receiver type, and he can do both of those roles at an equally elite level. He has an incredible frame at 6-foot-6 and 230 pounds and still has two more years of growth and development at the high school level in front of him. Galloway has the speed to stretch the field, will be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses and can put his hand in the dirt to battle with the big boys on the line. There is just too much to like here for Galloway to not eventually become a part of the five-star discussion."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News