ADVERTISEMENT

June signing period coming?

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
Powers that be looking to redo football recruiting calendar that would include a likely 3-day June signing period, Dec signing 2 weeks earlier and keep Feb signing date as is. Interesting changes on the horizon.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
S T U P I D

Zero need for 3 dates. Nuke the Dec signing period, move it to early Aug, keep the Feb one. Guys can sign in Aug and enroll in Dec, like 75% of UKs recent classes. Those that need more time can sign in Feb. Free up Dec for portal transfer recruiting, bow/playoff prep.

S T U P I D

Zero need for 3 dates. Nuke the Dec signing period, move it to early Aug, keep the Feb one. Guys can sign in Aug and enroll in Dec, like 75% of UKs recent classes. Those that need more time can sign in Feb. Free up Dec for portal transfer recruiting, bow/playoff prep.
Agreed. Camps are still on-going in June, Aug makes more sense therefore they won't do it.

I think 3 is pretty dumb, the Feb date has pretty much been made a non event by the Dec signing date. I like June signing period as a better option than an Aug signing day because I want my staff concentrating on the season one fall camp starts.

Not sure if as many will sign in summer because alot of the top kids get 5k+ just to visit for a game. Once they sign don't think they can take the visits, of course with today's lack of rules anything goes.

Aug has problems. Not nearly as many as all staffs now have in December.

Do an early signing day 2nd Tuesday of August. Kids can sign right before their Sr HS season starts. Start fall camp earlier to give CFB coaching staff time to prep for the season as well as finish up early signing. One gigantic less thing for coaches to deal with in Decembers.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Aug has problems. Not nearly as many as all staffs now have in December.

Do an early signing day 2nd Tuesday of August. Kids can sign right before their Sr HS season starts. Start fall camp earlier to give CFB coaching staff time to prep for the season as well as finish up early signing. One gigantic less thing for coaches to deal with in Decembers.
Curious, why do you prefer an August signing day? I do see some advantages, but I think there some disadvantages too. I like the June date best because it's a down time for both HS and college, kids are dne with spring sorts and have a chance to gather their thoughts. August ic the beginning of college fall camps and 2 weeks in for HS.

Now I do see how it would limit summer visits, which the elite kids are making some nice cash for taking. And that could easily be what determines where a kid goes. But I guess the old coach in me wants the least amount of distraction possible during came.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT