ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Fleming Ohio St. 5 star WR

UKfan215

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2003
It would only seem fitting we try to find a 5 star WR to pair up with our new 5 star QB. In this particular case, we're talking the top WR prospect from the entire 2020 class. And this isn't someone buried on the depth chart either. He is currently Ohio State's 1 at the Z-WR position. He entered the portal on December 4th and apparently he has more than a passing interest in UK. He's listed as a senior so I guess he would only have one year of eligibility left as a graduate transfer. But what an important piece he could potentially be.

He didn't seem to put up incredible numbers this season with 270 yards, but I think he has been battling an injury that probably limited him somewhat. He had 533 receiving yards in his previous season and 6 TDs with an average of 15.7 yards and a long of 79 yards. Those aren't shabby numbers considering he's playing the opposite side of the field of Marvin Harrison Jr. who is arguably the most productive wideout in the country.

What the hell is going on at Ohio State anyway? It seems they are experiencing a mass exodus of players to the portal, especially on offense. We might end up with several of their 4/5 stars if everything goes well.

It would only seem fitting we try to find a 5 star WR to pair up with our new 5 star QB. In this particular case, we're talking the top WR prospect from the entire 2020 class. And this isn't someone buried on the depth chart either. He is currently Ohio State's 1 at the Z-WR position. He entered the portal on December 4th and apparently he has more than a passing interest in UK. He's listed as a senior so I guess he would only have one year of eligibility left as a graduate transfer. But what an important piece he could potentially be.

He didn't seem to put up incredible numbers this season with 270 yards, but I think he has been battling an injury that probably limited him somewhat. He had 533 receiving yards in his previous season and 6 TDs with an average of 15.7 yards and a long of 79 yards. Those aren't shabby numbers considering he's playing the opposite side of the field of Marvin Harrison Jr. who is arguably the most productive wideout in the country.

What the hell is going on at Ohio State anyway? It seems they are experiencing a mass exodus of players to the portal, especially on offense. We might end up with several of their 4/5 stars if everything goes well.

He has not lived up to the ranking for sure, he was the 4th option as a target, I think he is slower than pr But is supposed to be elite blocking WR

Just spitballing but you have to believe Ryan Day starting to feel a little bit of heat having lost to UM three times in a row.

My neighbor is a huge OSU fan. He grew up near Dayton. He’s going to stop sharing his bourbon collection with me if we keep taking their players. Or not. He’s about done with Day as a coach.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
My neighbor is a huge OSU fan. He grew up near Dayton. He’s going to stop sharing his bourbon collection with me if we keep taking their players. Or not. He’s about done with Day as a coach.
He is done with a coach that is 56-7 overall and 39-3 in the conference but hasn't beaten Michigan? 😂

Reactions: bigbluedon
He is done with a coach that is 56-7 overall and 39-3 in the conference but hasn't beaten Michigan? 😂
Day is overrated as far as x and o’s go. He’s a very good recruiter though. When he coaches against a team with equal talent he gets exposed. He would never make it if he was in the SEC.

Reactions: Girthang
The last three words of your reply is precisely the reason he and a LOT of OSU fans are about done with Day. They have Bama level expectations there. Expect beating Michigan and winning National Championships or it's a down year. Day has lost 3 straight to Michigan and has a 1-3 record in the playoffs with no Championships despite 3 appearances. That won't fly at OSU apparently. I dunno, I don't make the rules.

As Harbaugh said, "sometimes when you're standing on 3rd base you didn't hit the triple." He was handed the keys to an exotic sports car by Urban Meyer and drives it like a sporty sedan.

Ohio States WR room is always NFL caliber. Their 4th and 5th sting WR will be as good as any on our roster.

If Fleming can stay healthy he will be a big time player wherever he ends up. Injuries is what held him back from being a star at Ohio state, imo.

I just want WR’s that can get open and catch the ball. I don’t care how many stars they have, can they catch the ball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT