ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Heupel Contract

Good question - depends on schedule and personnel returning. But remember, Heupel didn't need 7-8 seasons to do so and head to head is 2-0 with a resounding beat down this past year.
The first year was a shootout game anybody could have won, and the last year was Tennessee’s peak performance of the year.

We’re thin on the outside at secondary, we’re a team built in a lab to be the most decent team possible that Tennessee’s gimmick offense could embarrass. Not to mention 2-3 starters hurt on our front 7, so it wasn’t like we could compensate the weaknesses outside and have less men in the box.

We had absolutely no chance in Knoxville last year, and I knew it going in.

Heupel’s gimmick offense has been impressive so far, but without a 25 year old quarterback, 3 NFL WRs, and with more and more tape on that offense available, let’s see if he’s the sack of shit that got fired from Oklahoma or if he’s the undefeated coach swaggily claiming fake national titles.

We will discover the real Josh Heupel, and my bet is that he’s a 7-5/8-4 kind of guy that Tennessee fans are going to want fired for most of his tenure.

You chief, you keep saying you’re a Kentucky fan, reiterating it constantly, because you know yourself the things you’re typing sound a lot like you’re a Tennessee fan.

But I’ll tell you this, winning 8 games at Kentucky is ****ing hard, there’s 50-75 coaches in America that can win 8 games at Tennessee in a 4 year cycle, there’s 15-20 that could win 8 games at Kentucky in a 4 year cycle.

I earnestly believe that Stoops could accept a head coaching job at one of the dozen or so football schools across the country that are broken right now and bring them to a point to where they average 10.5-11.5 wins a season. I don’t think he could win a natty, but I think he could make the playoffs at Nebraska, Florida State, Miami, etc. the football schools that are wavering.

And I don’t think Josh Heupel could do the same, because he’s at one of those schools right now, with all the talent in the world, with a 25 year old QB, with a gimmick offense shocking people, and he finished 10-2 getting blown out by Georgia and South Carolina. So I do believe we’ve just seen this man’s ceiling.

You know, call me drunk, then say go Vols, then reaffirm that you’re a Kentucky fan 5 times while you praise Josh Humptydumpty in your reply.

• Haha
Reactions: bassmaster_vol
He only shows up on here if he can talk about stoops , he doesn't have anything to talk about otherwise
I've been critical of Stoops due to his lack of attention to offense and ST. Bringing Coen back should help and our new ST/RB looks like a great hire.

But yes, I'm not a blind homer who is happy paying a guy $9M a year who has hit his ceiling as 6-7 win coach with an occasional 9-10 year when the stars align. Nor am I dumb enough to sh!t talk Chumlee when he's beat the dogsh!t out of us and won 11 games in year 2.

Hoping Stoops finally sees the light and plays to win - not keep it close and hope to steal one vs legit competition.

Reactions: UKat1
The first year was a shootout game anybody could have won, and the last year was Tennessee’s peak performance of the year.

We’re thin on the outside at secondary, we’re a team built in a lab to be the most decent team possible that Tennessee’s gimmick offense could embarrass. Not to mention 2-3 starters hurt on our front 7, so it wasn’t like we could compensate the weaknesses outside and have less men in the box.

Heupel’s gimmick offense has been impressive so far, but without a 25 year old quarterback, 3 NFL WRs, and with more and more tape on that offense available, let’s see if he’s the sack of shit that got fired from Oklahoma or if he’s the undefeated coach swaggily claiming fake national titles.

We will discover the real Josh Heupel, and my bet is that he’s a 7-5/8-4 kind of guy that Tennessee fans are going to want fired for most of his tenure.

You chief, you keep saying you’re a Kentucky fan, reiterating it constantly, because you know yourself the things you’re typing sound a lot like you’re a Tennessee fan.

But I’ll tell you this, winning 8 games at Kentucky is ****ing hard, there’s 50-75 coaches in America that can win 8 games at Tennessee in a 4 year cycle, there’s 15-20 that could win 8 games at Kentucky in a 4 year cycle.

I earnestly believe that Stoops could accept a head coaching job at one of the dozen or so football schools across the country that are broken right now and bring them to a point to where they average 10.5-11.5 wins a season. I don’t think he could win a natty, but I think he could make the playoffs at Nebraska, Florida State, Miami, etc. the football schools that are wavering.

And I don’t think Josh Heupel could do the same, because he’s at one of those schools right now, with all the talent in the world, with a 25 year old QB, with a gimmick offense shocking people, and he finished 10-2 getting blown out by Georgia and South Carolina. So I do believe we’ve just seen this man’s ceiling.

You know, call me drunk, then say go Vols, then reaffirm that you’re a Kentucky fan 5 times while you praise Josh Humptydumpty in your reply.
There's a lot of "I think" in your long winded post and hope you're right. Just don't see it at this time.

Stoops is a really good recruiter and good defensive mind who seems to have the respect of his players. He's also a bad offensive coach who struggles with game planning, in-game adjustments, and having his team consistently ready to play.

So with absolutely no one trying to hire Josh Heupel away from Tennessee, UT just gave Heupel a $9 million/year extension through 2029 guaranteed.

You’d think a school that’s had to pay buyouts for decades from firing their coaches every 3 years would’ve learned by now. Especially since they’ve recently had an offensive minded head coach that had one good season (Butch Jones, 9-3)

I made fun of Tennessee fans that they’re going to wind up paying Josh Heupel for 30 years for going 10-2 once, and it happened, on the hook for $63 million for one season’s gimmick offense.
His one season “gimmick” offense has been top 10 every year he’s been running it…. No one’s figured it out…. Just like leach’s air raid…. With a lot of help on defensive side of the ball otw… he could fall on his face in the future, no one knows but this narrative that his offense will be figured out is simply false and isn’t why his record went down a little at UCF in year 2-3. Also heup can thank drinkwitz for his raise lol. Giving that dude over 6 mil a year to win 6 games gave him and Beamer and a nice raise.

Not to mention he had a 25 year old QB and 3 of the best wide receivers in college football making the run game easy with how they stretched the field.

Obviously they looked good with Milton against Vandy and Clemson.
But they didn't have any of those players in the Orange Bowl and smoked Clemson....

Which UK should have won. Game was in Lexington; UT had a first year coach going against a 9-year SEC veteran; UT had some 25ish players transfer off the team, including some of its best players, especially in defense. UK seemingly had every advantage going into that game.

LOL. UT was thin at just about every position other than WR.

Heupel’s gimmick offense has been impressive so far, but without a 25 year old quarterback, 3 NFL WRs,
So, your argument is that a QB who was mediocre his entire career at Va. Tech, transferred to UT, and only transformed into a Heisman candidate because he suddenly turned 25? LOL.

And BTW, UT still has at the very least 3 NFL WRs on the roster.

and with more and more tape on that offense available, let’s see if he’s the sack of shit that got fired from Oklahoma or if he’s the undefeated coach swaggily claiming fake national titles.
Stoops had 1 1/2 years of Heupel's offense at UT alone to study, not to mention his years as HC at UCF, and his time as OC at Mizzou. Are you saying Stoops needs more tape than that to figure out an offense?

Heupel wasn't allowed to run his offense at OU; he ran Bob Stoops' offense.

Let's trade West division rivals and let UK play Bama every year and UT play MSU and then tell me how hard it is to win 8 games at UK.

Which UK should have won. Game was in Lexington; UT had a first year coach going against a 9-year SEC veteran; UT had some 25ish players transfer off the team, including some of its best players, especially in defense. UK seemingly had every advantage going into that game.

LOL. UT was thin at just about every position other than WR.

So, your argument is that a QB who was mediocre his entire career at Va. Tech, transferred to UT, and only transformed into a Heisman candidate because he suddenly turned 25? LOL.

And BTW, UT still has at the very least 3 NFL WRs on the roster.

Stoops had 1 1/2 years of Heupel's offense at UT alone to study, not to mention his years as HC at UCF, and his time as OC at Mizzou. Are you saying Stoops needs more tape than that to figure out an offense?

Heupel wasn't allowed to run his offense at OU; he ran Bob Stoops' offense.

Let's trade West division rivals and let UK play Bama every year and UT play MSU and then tell me how hard it is to win 8 games at UK.
UK has a long history of choking away the TN game, it didn't start with Stoops/Chumlee.

TN just got another recruiting violation on top of all their mess when Pruitt was there. They illegally contacted a potential transfer.
Actually, the player contacted UT to see if TN had any interest in him before he entered the transfer portal. UT never contacted the player. An asst. coach reached out to the player's former HS coach to get some feedback on the player to determine if he would be a good fit at UT. The paperwork was then turned over to the Compliance Office, who noted that was a violation, so reported it to the NCAA.

Actually, the player contacted UT to see if TN had any interest in him before he entered the transfer portal. UT never contacted the player. An asst. coach reached out to the player's former HS coach to get some feedback on the player to determine if he would be a good fit at UT. The paperwork was then turned over to the Compliance Office, who noted that was a violation, so reported it to the NCAA.

Hard to believe TN, that glowing tower of virtue, would commit such a sin. Naughty, naughty.

• Haha
Hard to believe TN, that glowing tower of virtue, would commit such a sin. Naughty, naughty.
I've no doubt that the first thought that went through the coaching staff's mind when they were told they had committed a Level III Breach of Conduct violation was "Oh, my God! What will they be saying about this over on Wildcat Lair!?!?"

• Haha
I've no doubt that the first thought that went through the coaching staff's mind when they were told they had committed a Level III Breach of Conduct violation was "Oh, my God! What will they be saying about this over on Wildcat Lair!?!?"

So on your frequent trips here seeking validation you had to check it out??

So with absolutely no one trying to hire Josh Heupel away from Tennessee, UT just gave Heupel a $9 million/year extension through 2029 guaranteed.

You’d think a school that’s had to pay buyouts for decades from firing their coaches every 3 years would’ve learned by now. Especially since they’ve recently had an offensive minded head coach that had one good season (Butch Jones, 9-3)

I made fun of Tennessee fans that they’re going to wind up paying Josh Heupel for 30 years for going 10-2 once, and it happened, on the hook for $63 million for one season’s gimmick offense.
We just gave Stoops a raise to darn near $9 mil for going 7-6.....actually right before Candy beat our butts. I'm going to guess Heuple does well for the Vawls the next few years, he employs an offensive scheme offensive skill players love to play in AND he has taken defense a little more serious than most of us UK fans were thinking he would.

In fact most of our fanbase thought he would go backwards after his first season just as he did at UCF, well he didn't and I hate to admit it, but I don't believe he will fall flat on his face any time soon. We sure haven't been able to beat him and this last game against them was flat out embarrassing. With how well he's recruiting we will be lucky if we don't go on a long losing streak against them again. Look, I like Stoops and think he's done a great job of building the program and garnering some respect for it, but until we start beating the UT's, Ole Misses, Auburns and other more respected programs with more regularity and at least beating UGA every once in a while, it's going to be tough to be taken real serious by the other programs and football media.

So on your frequent trips here seeking validation you had to check it out??
I'm like a moth to the flame, I guess. I try to get away, but you guys keep pulling me back in.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

I'm like a moth to the flame, I guess. I try to get away, but you guys keep pulling me back in.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather
I don't understand why you're here. Your HoF coach will soon start Spring practice with '23's NC team featuring the next 2 Heisman winners...why visit the slums?

I don't understand why you're here. Your HoF coach will soon start Spring practice with '23's NC team featuring the next 2 Heisman winners...why visit the slums?
Because I like you guys. And to Stoops' credit, he has turned UT-UK into a real rivalry, as Barnes has done in basketball, and what good is a rivalry without a little friendly banter?

ADVERTISEMENT