ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Responds

FtWorthCat

Senior
Aug 21, 2001
Ft. Worth, TX
Godspeed, Jordanians. Jordanian air strikes have 55 estimated ISIS dead, including one senior commander. U.S. provides refueling and radar jamming support. I do believe that this qualifies as peaceful Muslims denouncing radical Islamists.

This post was edited on 2/5 5:30 PM by FtWorthCat

Link

ISIS mightve jumped the shark with that execution. The most important academic in Sunni Islam, the president of al-Azhar university in Cairo, is now calling for ISIS members to be crucified. Protests are erupting across the Middle East (shocking for such a peaceful region).

The idea of executing a practicing Muslim by setting him on fire was def a bad PR move.

Originally posted by FtWorthCat:

Godspeed, Jordanians. Jordanian air strikes have 55 confirmed ISIS dead, including one senior commander.
dropped a double nickel on em just like he did against the knicks haha

Good for Jordan.

Slightly off-topic, but I met members of the Jordanian royal family when they came to the Mayo Clinic in the 1990s for the king's treatments (probably cancer). I was working at the B. Dalton Booksellers and someone in the entourage bought over $10,000 of children's books. Pretty much cleared the shelves. They also bought all the black Escalades for miles. One of the security guys was a really nice dude, tipped a $50 (which in high school is like a month of Taco Bell).

I'm from Jordan, was born there and we moved to America when I was 6 years old. All of my extended family lives there. We moved because we were Christian and my father didn't feel he would be able to advance in his career not being Muslim. Weird feeling, I pretty much am as American as can be and can't really even relate to the craziness going on, just hope my homeland doesn't get completely destroyed.
ohwell.r191677.gif

ISIS, and the broader problem of extremist violence, isn't going to be solved by outsiders like the US. We can - and must - help. But if it's just an us against them, they just have a rallying cry of Muslims against foreign invaders. It's going to take other Middle Eastern Muslim nations to stamp this out. For those, like Jordan, who want to eliminate this sort of thing, we should provide them with as much aid as we can.

Originally posted by UnfrozenCatfanLawyer:

Godspeed, Jordanians. Jordanian air strikes have 55 confirmed ISIS dead, including one senior commander.
That game hurt...that was the back cover of the NY Post the next day - Double Nickle

Originally posted by FutureCityCats:

Good. Go get 'em Jordan. Their King said he would pursue them until he ran out of bullets and gas. I hope he never runs out. FCC.
The U.S. mid-air refueled their F-16s on the way back...

Originally posted by ganner918:
ISIS, and the broader problem of extremist violence, isn't going to be solved by outsiders like the US. We can - and must - help. But if it's just an us against them, they just have a rallying cry of Muslims against foreign invaders. It's going to take other Middle Eastern Muslim nations to stamp this out. For those, like Jordan, who want to eliminate this sort of thing, we should provide them with as much aid as we can.
Yes. Any action by any "crusading" westerner against any Muslim state, terroristic or not, only serves to coalesce the entire Muslim nation against the attacker. They are going to have to remove the radicals and extremists from their midsts - we just create more.

Waiting for ISIS to claim that the U.S. staged the burning of the airman to turn Jordan against them...

Originally posted by UnfrozenCatfanLawyer:

You wouldn't have guarded Bill Wennington either. None of y'all would have guarded Bill Wennington.

So this is the King of Jordan:

The_king_of_Jordan_sent-5ac20dd26771bd7ea35e3ae0167a0491

a guy with 35 plus years experience in the military with roles that include being an elite Cobra attack helicopter pilot and being a commander in the nation's special forces.

He evidently promised to attack ISIS until Jordan runs out of fuel and bullets.

I don't know anything else about the guy other than what I read from the article below, but damn, dude seems like a badass bent on avenging the death of his countryman.

King of Jordan responds to ISIS

Meanwhile when the American Foley was beheaded, Obama waited 6 minutes before......returning to a round of golf.

Reactions: warrior-cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT