ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks

Wasn’t sharing the picture with Big Z , yesterday? Any news if he already had a conversation with Coach Pope?

It’s ok to be a 3-4 year player at Kentucky now. Matter of fact, it’s encouraged. Burks actually likes to shoot it, but you know that made Cal really tight. If Burks gets to play for a coach who will let him play free and doesn’t mind if he puts up three or four 3s per game, we could see him really put it together. Coach Pope seems like the right coach for that. No way he follows Cal to Arkansas.

Same! Seems to be one of those "heart of the team" type guys. Seeing him hype the team up in the tunnel before each game shows you he can be a natural leader. Carries himself much like a future coach. Need him for what he can be on the court and off of it!

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
Wasn’t sharing the picture with Big Z , yesterday? Any news if he already had a conversation with Coach Pope?
Z is a memory and marked off the list. The powers of the administration at UK are what got him to play. Not the demon aka Calipari.

I’d like to get him back, he showed some promise in his limited minutes.

Its just a matter if Coach Pope the great wants to keep him or not seen what he did to that big tall stiff dude sent him packing

I would love to have Burks back. He is athletic solid defender, moves well and just all around good athlete. He needs to work on his outside shot but should see the floor a lot in Pope's offense.

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
Feels like we don't really 'know' his game, but I like the guy's mentality and energy. Hope he stays.
Yeah you never reallly know what a player can REALLY do until you see him get siginificant minutes to where he can play with some level of confidence. Thats when a players true talents come out. Until then they are always playing with some reservation and inhibition defering to the other players and not completely relaxed, which is natural in piece minute action. Ala Darius Miller, Bryce Hopkins, Derek Willis, Charles Matthews etc.

I think Burkes has potential to be a player

Last edited:
He’s a great player. The perfect example of a guy who wanted to get minutes but scared Calipari would pull him for making a mistake. He can play. Needs the opportunity in a more “relaxed” environment.

Hope he stays with us, I like his game.
Is he the kind of player that, if he stays four (4) years, will be a major contributor on a FF-type team as a Senior ?? I do not know, but it begs the question. I like him and thought he played hard. Hopefully, if he stays, he can improve over time and be the type of player that everyone thinks needs to stick with the program and become a valuable veteran down the road. We'll see ... GO CATS !!

Did he come JUST because of Cal?

Even if, don’t know why he would follow him to Arkansas after nit getting any run?

Does MP want him to stay?

All good questions.

You would think Burks and Hart can see that pt will be available next season .

Now it seems like that pic with him and Z was a goodbye to BBN. I'd have liked to have kept
him but he's not a game changer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT