ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks

He’s a welcome addition imo. I was just hoping for some experienced players to be added. Instead we’re going to hear an entire season of Cal complaining about how young his team is and when we lose in the opening round of the NIT “none of our guys have been here before, inexperienced, blah blah”
He's like an artist who chooses the color scheme, but then complains about how the colors don't mesh well.

People are truly tired of his act. The pressure to win will be enormous this season, and rightfully so. I hope he feels the pressure like never before so that he finally leaves or makes the necessary adjustments.

He's like an artist who chooses the color scheme, but then complains about how the colors don't mesh well.

People are truly tired of his act. The pressure to win will be enormous this season, and rightfully so. I hope he feels the pressure like never before so that he finally leaves or makes the necessary adjustments.

Exactly. It drives me nuts that he always complains about the position he created and never takes blame.

I will never be in the same level as many of my fellow UK posters on here with the knowledge about a 5* recruit but does anyone know how many teams went to the FF the last say, 5 years with only 5*'s on their roster?

I remember watching that Florida team last year who made it to so far and thinking who are these guys; pretty much the same feeling about San Diego St players.
Who knows, these 4*'s UK is looking at might just be what a team needs; a player who wants to work to make a name for themselves and put the work in to do it.
It seems we at UK have had many 5*'s who just did not really look the part.
I am for one who is willing to give these kids a chance. What do we have to lose at this point?

I will never be in the same level as many of my fellow UK posters on here with the knowledge about a 5* recruit but does anyone know how many teams went to the FF the last say, 5 years with only 5*'s on their roster?

I remember watching that Florida team last year who made it to so far and thinking who are these guys; pretty much the same feeling about San Diego St players.
Who knows, these 4*'s UK is looking at might just be what a team needs; a player who wants to work to make a name for themselves and put the work in to do it.
I am for one who is willing to give these kids a chance. What do we have to lose at this point?
The difference is those 4 star players have been at those schools for multiple years and actually developed under their coach. Our coach just rolls the ball out. I mean did Ware or Collins develop AT ALL while at UK?

The difference is those 4 star players have been at those schools for multiple years and actually developed under their coach. Our coach just rolls the ball out. I mean did Ware or Collins develop AT ALL while at UK?
Easy answer.....not at all

I get when you're coming from, completely. But do you think the schools Ware and Collins are going are acting as if they are getting the bottom of the barrel like we are acting?
Therio is coming along OK. Do you think another school would be mad to get him?
Just saying we need to give these kids a chance. Again, what do we have to lose at this point?

I get when you're coming from, completely. But do you think the schools Ware and Collins are going are acting as if they are getting the bottom of the barrel like we are acting?
Just saying we need to give these kids a chance. Again, what do we have to lose at this point?
Ware went to Nova where they are already loaded.Doubt he plays much at all.

I love filling out the roster with these kinds of players. But history has shown us that they will not play much under Cal and they will transfer out before we get anything out of them.

I don't think the problem is that these high school kids that are highly ranked and classified as 5-stars are not good. They are great talents and many are pretty skilled for their level. The problem is time. Maturity, shooting consistency, skill development, basketball IQ all come with time. If you could keep these 5-star freshmen for 2 or 3 years, then I think you’ve got a good chance to build a dominant team. But that doesn’t happen. With the lower ranked kids – especially if coaches have an eye for projectible talent - you expect to get time for some of them to possibly become the better players in CBB.

To me it has always seemed that expecting these 5-star kids to come in and be the best players in CBB was extremely naïve. I never understood it, and I still don’t. Likewise, I don’t understand blaming players that supposedly didn’t live up to the hype (who created the “hype” and why was it realistic to start with?) or really any coach (although not developing players that stay more than one year is criticism I get).

I really hope we get him and Cal has him as the primary back up to the 4 spot. I don’t want him getting more than 10mpg if it’s close and I’d love him to get more in blowouts. But I would want him in there getting face up looks and working on his shot.

He only shot like 29% from 3 in OTE or something like that but he also grew 4-5in so I’m not sure his shot is super broken but it does work. I think you give those minutes and let him focus on just his jumper, dribbling, and post defense this season and next season he becomes a starter.

But I have absolutely zero expectations for his development since Cal only clears the bench in the bottom 5 of blowouts and doesn’t seem to believe in developing his bench.

It’s quite obvious he will be at Kentucky next season. On his official visit and will announce Wednesday. Now let’s see who else Cal adds, really hoping for Cyril

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Cal needs to add Burks and Hart and go heavy after Cyril for depth.

Meanwhile, re-recruit Reeves and go all in for Kaluma in the portal.

G Wagner/Dillingham
G Reeves/Sheppard/Hart
G Edwards/Thiero
F Kaluma/Burks
F Bradshaw/Cyril/Onyenso

On offense, play a five out system when Bradshaw and Kaluma play together. When playing four out, play Kaluma on the blocks most of the time and keep Bradshaw on the perimeter.

On defense, play Kaluma at the 4 and Bradshaw as the rim protector at the 5.

Play four out when Cyril or Onyenso are in at the 5.

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcats4life
He could very well be better than CL. IMHO, CL isn’t all that great of a basketball player. He has NBA size and that’s about it. I mean, Burks did lead OTE in scoring at 27 PPG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT